requesting Advice from our retired military here - Page 4

requesting Advice from our retired military here

This is a discussion on requesting Advice from our retired military here within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I retired in 2006, one of the best things i did was do all of VA before I went on terminal leave. Within 3-4 months ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: requesting Advice from our retired military here

I retired in 2006, one of the best things i did was do all of VA before I went on terminal leave. Within 3-4 months I was done and my VA deposits kicked in. Get copy of your JPATS, that shows your security clearance and the adjudication date, scrub that DD214, if you think something should go on it, get it done. Especially anything that shows overseas service, time overseas, in combat, expeditionary and campaign awards, etc. Also, get names and addys of people that will give you recommendations if you need any for a job. Join Linkedin, it might be trivial, but for the little time do join and build your profile you might network into something good. Don't post any stoopid crap on Google + or Facebook, esp if you are going to use your TS for a gov't or contractor job.
    goldshellback likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

VIP Member
    Congratulations on your retirement, and thanks for you service. My wife just retired, not military, but as an administrator with 34 years with civil service. Having worked so long, then suddently not working, is going to be a transition for her. It looks like it'll be a transition that she's enjoying very much. Hopefully your transition will be as smooth.

Maybe you'll move back to Louisiana one day, we like our "good guys" to come back here to retire.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Maybe you'll move back to Louisiana one day, we like our "good guys" to come back here to retire.
    I miss Louisiana. Perhaps one day in the not-to near future we will. I'd like to actually go back 'home' and actually 'retire'.

I'm hungry!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links