Sad: Helicopter shot down in Afghanistan, more then 2 dozen killed

This is a discussion on Sad: Helicopter shot down in Afghanistan, more then 2 dozen killed within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sad. My heart goes out to the familys. 20 Seals... All the training that goes into 20 men of that caliber lost. Sent from my ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sad: Helicopter shot down in Afghanistan, more then 2 dozen killed

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array DUNDEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    509
    Sad. My heart goes out to the familys. 20 Seals... All the training that goes into 20 men of that caliber lost.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,169
    I won't comment on the war. This is not the time for that. This is the time from prayers for the families who have lost a loved one. May they find peace in the knowledge their loved ones gave their lives for something they truly believed in...FREEDOM. RIP Brothers.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  4. #18
    Senior Member Array DaRedneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    628
    Horrible. Just horrible. My heart goes out to the fallen and their families. God bless our men and women in uniform.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,301

  6. #20
    Member Array MH53J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    I wish our goverment would pull its head out of its __________ before its to late.

    bring our Men home. Lets quit fighting for people whom don't like us.

    To all military active and retired. THANK YOU ALL
    I am going to have to disagree with you on the pull out. I am currently in one of those places, and I can tell you form firsthand knowledge there are a lot of good people that want us to stay. That being said I do not always agree with what/how our government does business, I do however salute smartly and carry out my orders. I am not trying to start a huge debate, I just wanted to let you know that we are helping real people. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get home and see my wife and kids, but I DO NOT believe that this has been a waste of time or so many great American lives.
    One last thing, someone on this forum has the saying "All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing" in their signature. Do not forget the United Sates more times than not is the "good men".

  7. #21
    Member Array Naufragia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Black Hills, South Dakota
    Posts
    466
    Horrible shame. That's a lot of courage and talent to lose in one blow.
    My prayers for the families of the fallen and their comrades.

  8. #22
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,540
    Sad news for sure...may all these good men R.I.P.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array SpencerB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bliss, Texas/Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    4,301
    They were out helping Army Rangers under heavy attack..

    SEALs were on mission to aid Rangers | azfamily.com Phoenix

  10. #24
    VIP Member Array First Sgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florence, SC
    Posts
    7,967
    Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    They were out helping Army Rangers under heavy attack..

    SEALs were on mission to aid Rangers | azfamily.com Phoenix
    In addition to the SEALs, according to reports, there were also 3 Air Force Combat Tac Controllers on board as well as the Spec Ops Flight Crew. From what I've read, they had just completed a mission helping Army Rangers who were surrounded and under attack. Regardless of the circumstances, it is a TRAGIC loss of life, a terrible loss to the Spec Ops community, and a loss of highly trained and experienced personnel that made a difference in all they accomplished. RIP my military brothers!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

  11. #25
    Member Array ConcealedG30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by MH53J View Post
    I am going to have to disagree with you on the pull out. I am currently in one of those places, and I can tell you form firsthand knowledge there are a lot of good people that want us to stay. That being said I do not always agree with what/how our government does business, I do however salute smartly and carry out my orders. I am not trying to start a huge debate, I just wanted to let you know that we are helping real people. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get home and see my wife and kids, but I DO NOT believe that this has been a waste of time or so many great American lives.
    One last thing, someone on this forum has the saying "All it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing" in their signature. Do not forget the United Sates more times than not is the "good men".
    Its good to hear this from people like yourself. I just hope that the price we pay both personally and as a nation is worth it.

  12. #26
    Member Array billstaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    203
    I crewed on a Chinook in Vietnam. We never flew hooks into an LZ that hadn't been thoroughly prepped, without escort gunships or had not been cleared by infantry. How is it possible that some raggedy Afghan got close enough to plug the ship with an RPG-7? A CH-47 is a big, fat, slow moving target. Are they sending in heavy lift ships without any cover now? This seems like it shouldn't have happened. Terrible about the loss of life here. I have to wonder what the war is actually accomplishing.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  13. #27
    Lead Moderator
    Array rstickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    21,677
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    In addition to the SEALs, according to reports, there were also 3 Air Force Combat Tac Controllers on board as well as the Spec Ops Flight Crew. From what I've read, they had just completed a mission helping Army Rangers who were surrounded and under attack. Regardless of the circumstances, it is a TRAGIC loss of life, a terrible loss to the Spec Ops community, and a loss of highly trained and experienced personnel that made a difference in all they accomplished. RIP my military brothers!!!
    According to information that we are getting is two of the Navy personnel were EOD Operators.
    Rick

    EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

bb gun brings helicopter down

,

eod downed helicopter special

,

eod in chopper shot down

,

family that lost loved one from the heli in af

,

helicopter crash afghanistan

,

helicopter shot down eod

,

sad helicopter

,

too many in helicopter brings huge losses

,

what gun shot the helicopter in afganistan

Click on a term to search for related topics.