Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US.

This is a discussion on Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bark'n What do you think? I know what I'll be doing. I won't be anywhere near the riots. I won't be involved ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Originally Posted by Bark'n
    What do you think?

I know what I'll be doing. I won't be anywhere near the riots. I won't be involved in rioting. I live in a rural area. Our town would likely go into lock-down, and repel any of the masses fleeing the cities. We won't be letting outsiders come and just raid our community.

We won't be fighting against the troops who are trying to quell the riots, we'll be fighting the freeloaders who think they are just going to come take what doesn't belong to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    My thinking pretty much mirrors yours. Whether the deployment was legal or not, most law abiding citizens would welcome troops moving in to restore the peace.
    Let me pose another question gentlemen, what if part of this plan to "restore peace" was to disarm the public? What if the military were employed to carry out the disarming of the public? Then what are the thoughts on "posse comitatus"? You see, I really think at some point, if not in my lifetime, most probably in my childrens lifetime this will come to pass. Do we, or can we rely on law enforcement officers and military soldiers to "disregard" unconstitutional orders to disarm American citizens. What happens, do the citizens turn in their weapons like "good little sheep", or does it become a battle at each house?????????

What if...?????
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

2. Remove Ads

TN_Mike likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

FYI...I'm not taking anyones firearms...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Let me pose another question gentlemen, what if part of this plan to "restore peace" was to disarm the public? What if the military were employed to carry out the disarming of the public? Then what are the thoughts on "posse comitatus"? You see, I really think at some point, if not in my lifetime, most probably in my childrens lifetime this will come to pass. Do we, or can we rely on law enforcement officers and military soldiers to "disregard" unconstitutional orders to disarm American citizens. What happens, do the citizens turn in their weapons like "good little sheep", or does it become a battle at each house?????????

What if...?????
    In a round about way, that's sort of my point. After the attacks of 9/11, a whole new government bureaucracy was created just to secure the homeland. Government wiretaps were authorized, terrorist watch lists were created, and so forth. Most people went along with it, giving up some freedom and experiencing some inconvenience to fight the global war on terror.

Now that those events have been behind us for a few years, airport security checks are a royal pain in the butt and there's a daily new story about some horrendous act commited by a TSA agent on an innocent passenger. There's talk of banning people who are on terrorist watch lists from being able to purchase firearms, despite the fact that there have been numerous incidents of people erroneously showing up on the lists. Most people think that it's a good idea to keep mentally ill people from purchasing firearms. Antidepressants are commonly used by many people. Is depression a mental illness? Troops keeping the peace seems like a good idea, but a lot of things seemed like good ideas before they became bad ones.
    TN_Mike and Xader like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Exactly "Gene83"...remember how the citizens were disarmed during hurricane Katrina. It would not surprise me to find out that gun owners are on that terrorist watchlist. At the risk of sounding like something from a "George Orwell" novel, I actually wonder, just how much of what we do is monitored. I even wonder if forums like this one are monitored, looking for any sign of "rebellious" talk or militant behavior. I remember when it first became known that "we" had satellites that could "read" a license plate from orbit...I remember thinking this could be...not so good.

Perhaps some of our LEO's could answer this, I have heard that some cities have what is called "shot detectors" mounted in high crime areas. These detectors can recognize a gunshot and alert authorities???

I'm not over the hill, but I realize that I am part of the "older generation", and technology is good to a point, but it becomes very scary very fast.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Exactly "Gene83"...remember how the citizens were disarmed during hurricane Katrina. It would not surprise me to find out that gun owners are on that terrorist watchlist. At the risk of sounding like something from a "George Orwell" novel, I actually wonder, just how much of what we do is monitored. I even wonder if forums like this one are monitored, looking for any sign of "rebellious" talk or militant behavior. I remember when it first became known that "we" had satellites that could "read" a license plate from orbit...I remember thinking this could be...not so good.

Perhaps some of our LEO's could answer this, I have heard that some cities have what is called "shot detectors" mounted in high crime areas. These detectors can recognize a gunshot and alert authorities???

I'm not over the hill, but I realize that I am part of the "older generation", and technology is good to a point, but it becomes very scary very fast.
    I don't know. Does your grocery store use one of those discount cards that are so popular now. You scan your Kroger card or whatever so you can get the lower price. We do it without thinking even though everything we purchase could be going into a database with our name, address, and phone number attached to it. Develop a sudden penchant for middle eastern food and start buying it in large quantities..you know..enough to feed thirty or forty people. See if there's a knock at your door or black SUV's parked outside your house.

Then you'll have your answer.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Uh-Oh...I getting scared now...I'm going to have to log off and go put on my "tin foil hat" LOL
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Those have been around for years. What is really cool is the stuff the military has mounted on some of it's vehicles. It will not only tell you a shot was fired, but where it came from so you can call in an airstrike!

And yes internet forums like this are monitored (again old news) by various alphabet agencies. They each have their own lists of keywords they hunt for. Make a threat against someone that is protected by the Secret Service and you can expect a knock at your door. Just like if you posted a threat on a sign in your front yard.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Trust me....getting the visit from the secret service is not fun....

And I wasn't even the one that did it!

Thankfully the Secret Service is fairly intelligent and had a big laugh after he asked me if I knew what this was all about.
    Note to others Crazy family is not fun when working in High Security Areas of the Military.....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    My thinking pretty much mirrors yours. Whether the deployment was legal or not, most law abiding citizens would welcome troops moving in to restore the peace.
    Sadly I agree. Most citizens would give up their freedom for safety.

Michael

I swore an oath to protect the Constitution from any enemy foreign or domestic so sure I say its legal. I am currently doing just that far far away from the beautiful hills of Tennessee, my home.

May sound strange,but I did the same training in the mid-90's,after my tod's were up,this isn't new,there are always two(2) battalions on ready for this,I know,2 batt's are not a lot,but think about it,our military men,women, training for action inside our borders,for civil unrest,hmm,they're expecting something,and soon,from my understanding from my contacts in 20th group,they have stepped up training on this,makes you feel all nice and warm inside does'nt it!

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Sadly I agree. Most citizens would give up their freedom for safety.

Michael
    Yep, it's that sheep mentality, stand in a riverbed, with a wall of water coming at you because you're afraid to run.
    Look at my signature line...that old man was right.
    This Country could never be conquered from the outside. The American people have a resolve, the likes of which has never existed before in the history of the world. They will always band together, draw strength from each other and repel ANY attacker.
    America can only be destroyed from the inside!
    The truly sad and scary part is...I'm afraid we've already taken that fork in the road.
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    IIRC posse comitatus died with the Patriot Act under Bush II's watch.

Riots are bad, but by the time the middle class starts to riot, we'll be too far down the slope to stop sliding.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    IIRC posse comitatus died with the Patriot Act under Bush II's watch.

Riots are bad, but by the time the middle class starts to riot, we'll be too far down the slope to stop sliding.
    The middle class won't riot. They are too busy working their butts off to get involved in riots. Anytime you have a riot, it's always the people sitting around with nothing to do that get it started.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links