Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US.

This is a discussion on Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I always thought the military was precluded from operating inside the US in a "peace keeping" role. But read this article and see what you ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US.

Is this legal? Active Duty Military training for operations inside the US.

I always thought the military was precluded from operating inside the US in a "peace keeping" role. But read this article and see what you think. It seems they have been training for this eventuality for some time now. And according to the author, this may come about very soon.

» Pollster: Americans Are “Pre-Revolutionary” Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

As we reported three years ago, U.S. troops returning from Iraq were being re-allocated to occupy America, running checkpoints and training to deal with “civil unrest and crowd control” under the auspices of a Northcom program that revolved around deploying 20,000 active duty troops inside America to “help” state and local officials during times of emergency.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I did read the same article, and found it interesting. I do think the legality has already been challenged though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Alex Jones does it again!
    So the riots in London are because of the financial situation, not the fatal shooting by the police there. And the riots in the middle east had nothing to do with the leadership style of Mubarak, Khaddafi (spell it however you like), and Assad?
    This Northcom thing is old news. How old?
    Plan would dedicate 20,000 uniformed troops inside U.S. by 2011
    Janq started a thread on it in 2008 after it was reported in the Washington Post.
    Good to see Alex Jones is right on top of things.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Alex Jones does it again!
    So the riots in London are because of the financial situation, not the fatal shooting by the police there. And the riots in the middle east had nothing to do with the leadership style of Mubarak, Khaddafi (spell it however you like), and Assad?
    The catalyst of the riots isn't that important. Riots are riots, whatever the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by infowars.com
    A new Rasmussen poll shows that just 17% of Americans believe that the U.S. government has the consent of the governed, an all time low. This dovetails with a record low for Congress’ approval rating, which stands at a paltry 6 per cent, while 46 per cent of Americans think most members of Congress are corrupt, with just 29% believing otherwise.

“The number of voters who feel the government has the consent of the governed – a foundational principle, contained in the Declaration of Independence – is down from 23% in early May and has fallen to its lowest level measured yet,” according to Rasmussen.
    Well, now doesn't this sound promising.

I believe things could very well get out of hand. America is at a boiling point. People are really seething at the Congress and the administration. Civil unrest in mass, is a real possibility. "Community Organizing" agitating the masses at it's best!

If the administration does choose to violate/circumvent "posse comitatus" (however you choose to view it), and use the military to quell civil unrest, it's going to get real ugly, very fast.

How's that "Hope and Change" working out for ya?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

If you look at the riots during the 60's after the death of Dr King, troops have been used inside the United States before.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Kinda odd timing. *Twilight Zone Theme*
    Still right now I do not see Troops acting as police a good thing, the military has two jobs. Kill people and Blow stuff up. Its like asking a fish to breath air, not in its nature...
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    If you look at the riots during the 60's after the death of Dr King, troops have been used inside the United States before.
    Those were State National Guard troops under each states Governor's authority, which is not against "posse comitatus". There were no U.S. Army active duty DoD or Marines used in those riots.
    oneshot likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Those were State National Guard troops under each states Governor's authority, which is not against "posse comitatus". There were no U.S. Army active duty DoD or Marines used in those riots.
    Sorry, I get confused on the difference with all the National Guard troops getting called to go to Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Xader likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Easy to do. At that point, the do become part of the DoD and are federalized.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Easy to do. At that point, the do become part of the DoD and are federalized.
    Here's a question for you. Obviously the rioting in England is capturing people's attention and may have been the inspiration for this article. In England it's the "have nots" against the "haves" for the most part. Quoting from an MSNBC article this morning. "This is the uprising of the working class. We're redistributing the wealth," said Bryn Phillips, a 28-year-old self-described anarchist, as young people emerged from the store with chocolate bars and ice cream cones.

Rioting intensifies in London, spreads to other cities - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

There's no reason to think that the same thing wouldn't happen here. Minority youths with no jobs, entitlement cuts due to budget constraints, cuts in food stamp and WIC programs, would hit the minorities and the immigrant population heaviest. If they rioted and troops were called to quell the riots, whether they be the National Guard or Active Duty, would people object?

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Here's a question for you. ...If they rioted [here] and troops were called to quell the riots, whether they be the National Guard or Active Duty, would people object?
    What do you think?

I know what I'll be doing. I won't be anywhere near the riots. I won't be involved in rioting. I live in a rural area. Our town would likely go into lock-down, and repel any of the masses fleeing the cities. We won't be letting outsiders come and just raid our community.

We won't be fighting against the troops who are trying to quell the riots, we'll be fighting the freeloaders who think they are just going to come take what doesn't belong to them.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

What do you think?

I know what I'll be doing. I won't be anywhere near the riots. I won't be involved in rioting. I live in a rural area. Our town would likely go into lock-down, and repel any of the masses fleeing the cities. We won't be letting outsiders come and just raid our community.

We won't be fighting against the troops who are trying to quell the riots, we'll be fighting the freeloaders who think they are just going to come take what doesn't belong to them.
    My thinking pretty much mirrors yours. Whether the deployment was legal or not, most law abiding citizens would welcome troops moving in to restore the peace.

From the Washington Post article from three years ago......
    The U.S. military expects to have 20,000 uniformed troops inside the United States by 2011 trained to help state and local officials respond to a nuclear terrorist attack or other domestic catastrophe, according to Pentagon officials.
    and
    If funding continues, two additional teams will join nearly 80 smaller National Guard and reserve units made up of about 6,000 troops in supporting local and state officials nationwide. All would be trained to respond to a domestic chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or high-yield explosive attack, or CBRNE event, as the military calls it.
    So where else are we going to find enough people with the training and equipment to deal with a CBRNE event? Think your local volunteer fire department and community emergency response team are going to handle that?
    And regarding Posse Comitatus
    McHale stressed that the response units will be subject to the act, that only 8 percent of their personnel will be responsible for security and that their duties will be to protect the force, not other law enforcement.
    But of course, one should never let the facts get in the way of advancing an agenda. Why tell the whole story when you can just use one or two little snippets that lead folks to believe what you want them to?
    Journalistic integrity? NOT!
    Hopyard and Bkrazy like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

However, units from the 101st Airborne Division were sent to Little Rock, Arksansas and also units from there were sent to Mississippi. So troops other than "national guard" have been used in the past. Those instances were to help "integrate" schools during the civil rights era.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

What do you think?

Wait until the troops tell you that you need to turn in all your guns for your own safety...it's not that far fetched.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    Stubborn and TN_Mike like this.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links