WROL???

This is a discussion on WROL??? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Magnum For "those who believe" the words of The Book, the answer as to "when" & "how long before it starts" is ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: WROL???

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    For "those who believe" the words of The Book, the answer as to "when" & "how long before it starts" is simple. The Lord Himself made it crystal clear that when Israel became a nation once again (1948) in the End Times, would "begin" the Last Generation. God said a mans years will be "three score & ten" (70 years), therefor a generation is 70 years. Add 70 years to 1948 and you get 2018. Now subtract 7 years of the Tribulation Period, you get 2011. As I've said before, I believe that 2012 will be the "beginning" of the End, or to answer your question, when it "starts". Take note that the Lord said, "TRULY I say to you, THIS GENERATION will not pass away until ALL things take place". Hope this helps.
    This made me laugh even harder at this thread.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I'm with Hopyard on this one.

There are plenty of WROL scenarios available, besides the Apocalypse
    But there's only "one truth". Believe God or man, it's your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by pro2a.lib View Post
    He who laughs first, laughs last. Like my signature says...

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pro2a.lib View Post
    Laugh at what? God's word, or his interpretation of it?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

VIP Member
    Where oh where are the moderators. This should have been shut down already.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Why does one man referencing God offend you so much? Just askin.
    Old School, Magnum and Stubborn like this.

=Hopyard;2007113]Where oh where are the moderators. This should have been shut down already.

"One Nation Indivisible."
    Take a look at your signature line sir, what are the next two words? Or have you conformed to the politically correct version?

Edit: Actually it's not the next two words, you have already omitted the two words, so you have conformed to political correctness.
    No need to answer sir, it's obvious. How was the "kool-aid"?
    Last edited by Stubborn; August 17th, 2011 at 04:34 PM. Reason: additional thought
    ZTF Hitman and Old School like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Truth is like a rock thrown into a pack of rabid dogs, the one it hits barks the loudest.

I just don't get how your (Magnum) comment was so offensive. If the context of someone's statement doesn't apply to you, then the easy thing is to disregard it.
    Magnum likes this.
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Laugh at what? God's word, or his interpretation of it?
    I guess just the interpretation. Or simply the fact that everyone that thinks the world is going to end on a specific time. This especially to the bible people. It seems like every year is going to be the end of days. Cracks me up honestly. Doesn't the bible say (to paraphrase) 'to keep watch because no one knows the day or the hour in which the Son of man returns' ??? Every generation has many different people who have calculated when the end of days is going to be, either "directly from the bible" or by other means. Has it happened yet........ No. Will it ever happen.......... maybe? (Will mortal men know..... according to the bible... no)Should you get worked up about it........ no. Will I continue to laugh at people that think how they think with no real basis other than their misguided religious beliefs..... Yes.

Without getting too deep into the religious debate, pro2alib, some people's 'misguided religious beliefs' are not so to them. It's called Faith. The question was about whether a WROL would happen soon, and This person responded from a religious angle. I'm sure he didn't intend to encroach on anyone's personal beliefs. Remember, This is America. We should be tolerant of each other's beliefs, no matter what they are.
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTF Hitman View Post
    Without getting too deep into the religious debate, pro2alib, some people's 'misguided religious beliefs' are not so to them. It's called Faith. The question was about whether a WROL would happen soon, and This person responded from a religious angle. I'm sure he didn't intend to encroach on anyone's personal beliefs. Remember, This is America. We should be tolerant of each other's beliefs, no matter what they are.
    You have a good point (in bold). I went a little too far and definitely off topic. I apologize.

We don't both have to have the same answers to a question to both be correct.
    ZTF Hitman likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Okay... you asked for us.. We are here!

Moderator hat on: So far while religion has been mentioned it has not yet turned into a religious debate. It SURE is getting close though.

As a Christian I'm going to say I do believe the end is near but I won't try to argue dates. I think we are given a pretty good list of "signs of the times" from the Bible but I also think the Bible is pretty clear that no man knows the hour or the day, etc.

That being said, while I don't have a problem talking about this kind of thing Religious debate is against forum rules.

I will let the previous comments stand that address apocalyptic/rapture induced WROL but this thread IS perilously close to being WROL itself.

Let's get it back on topic or it will be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    Okay... you asked for us.. We are here!

Moderator hat on: So far while religion has been mentioned it has not yet turned into a religious debate. It SURE is getting close though.

As a Christian I'm going to say I do believe the end is near but I won't try to argue dates. I think we are given a pretty good list of "signs of the times" from the Bible but I also think the Bible is pretty clear that no man knows the hour or the day, etc.

That being said, while I don't have a problem talking about this kind of thing Religious debate is against forum rules.

I will let the previous comments stand that address apocalyptic/rapture induced WROL but this thread IS perilously close to being WROL itself.

Let's get it back on topic or it will be closed.
    That is what my mind kept running back to.
    BTW thanks.
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Moderator
    Now.. with moderator hat off.....

I am more inclined to agree that short of nuclear war or a massive scale disease or some sort of collapse of utilities we will only see anarchy in isolated areas.

And, no, I do not trust the good will of people to rise to the occasion. Under pressure and hungry good will has a tendency to dry up and blow away. People can and do become very selfish and very cruel. I might be pleasantly surprised from time to time but in general I believe that a good majority of people would sooner eat their neighbor than do anything to help him when the chips are down.

That being said I think our nation is FAR too dependent on other countries and on electricity.

All it would take is a wide-scale blackout lasting more than a couple of weeks to send people into a full-on, devastating panic.

I think in 1890 or 1910 or something like that, there was a massive solar flair that fried all of the telegraphs in 3/4 of the country. It didn't affect the nation much because not a lot more was run by electricity but the news from NASA is that if a similar sized solar flair hit North America it would shut down power in 3/4 of the country for as much as 4-6 months.

4-6 months of 3/4 of Americans without power is a very very very scary thing.. especially if we are talking about the winter months.

A few weeks.. heck, a few DAYS without power anywhere in the US and we get news reports of people going hey-wire.

4-6 months?!?! There would be anarchy on massive scales.

Are we, personally, prepared for it? I'd have to be honest and say no. We've talked about it a few times and made noises about purchasing enough food and supplies and water and a heating unit, etc to sustain us for at least a couple of months but we haven't done much more than talk.

If something like a massive solar flair were to happen tomorrow I would be severely kicking my own butt and start immediately on a long-term backup plan because we'd need it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links