WROL???

This is a discussion on WROL??? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by searcher 45 The people of GB have been unarmed by a protectionist state that can not protect them. Many states in the ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: WROL???

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    The people of GB have been unarmed by a protectionist state that can not protect them.

Many states in the USA have the Castle Doctrine or stand your ground laws in place that give the home owner ie occupant the right to not have to retreat in the face of an attack but defend them selves and their property even if it cost the attacker his or her life.
    Remember, searcher, the government / law doesn't give any right. Government can only establish means to defend a right or to diminish or deny a right. The right of self defense is a natural right.
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Punishing the BGs after the fact is not protecting the victim, and worse striping the ability of the average citizen's to be able to defend them selves is criminal.
    Agreed. Please see my sig. (In Heller, SCOTUS opined, "Justice James
    Wilson interpreted the Pennsylvania Constitution’s armsbearing
    right, for example, as a recognition of the natural
    right of defense “of one’s person or house”—what he called
    the law of 'self preservation.'" And there are several other such references to the natural right to self defense in this case.)
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedG30 View Post
    Without Rule Of Law

Do you believe it will happen in the next few years? No, not on a wide scale. Our prosperity of the past two generations caused an economic false bottom that might be falling through as prosperity dries up landing us back in the 1930's. During the fall, it might be that those who were living on the false bottom are going to take directly what the government has been "redistributing" on their behalf. However, there will be enough support for LE. LE was rather brutal in the '30's.
    Are you prepared or preparing for it? Not much.
    What are some of your preperations? I'll get beans and water and batteries and replace the first aid supplies stolen when my car window was smashed in my move out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I do not like what I see happening. The entitlement programs are killing the economy, the work ethic (what's left of it), and the entire American culture.
    When the "give me all my stuff group" has a lot less or no more to get...this place is going to look like Greece or England, it's just a matter of when, not if...
    I am pretty much prepared, but deep down inside I don't think most of us can really comprehend how bad things would/could get. I believe that we are in for a rude awakening.
    Stay armed...plan ahead...stay safe!
    Retsupt99 and I agree on the cause. But the level of poverty of the '30's is unlikely; and what's happenning in Greece and Britain doesn't indicate the ignition of situation much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    No, it will not happen and certainly not in the next few years.

Law enforcement happens on very many levels and from very many different organizations.

Here and there pockets of unrest may pop up, calamities may happen, but short of nuclear war there is no realistic chance of collapse of law enforcement.

Moreover, there are more law abiding folk than the other way around, and they will remain law abiding and respectable and decent in the hardest of times. They may be called upon to keep order, or voluntarily keep order, but a complete breakdown is not in the cards. Not even a serious partial one.

Many people here assume that chaos is inevitable in difficult times, but there are many historical events in this country and abroad which indicate that ordinary people do rise to the occasion, and order gets swiftly re-established.
    Hopyard and I agree about LE but disagree that decent people are decent in the hardest of times as does Viktor Frankl - Nazi death camp survivor and author of one of the best pop psych books ever. The death camps were liberated by citizen soldiers and Russian comrades but only after immeasurable human suffering. The point is that the vast majority of people are not "goody two shoes" when they have only one shoe or less.
    Another good resource for surviving tough times is knowing the Stockdale Paradox.
    Last edited by Pistology; August 18th, 2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

I believe that when people are put in desperate situations they will take desperate measures. Those whom prepare for that which we hope doesn't happen will be far better off when it comes to actually having to handle an adverse situation.

Read the Bible, Jesus calls us his children, and he also refers to us as sheep. Sheep aren't really known for thier intuative nature.

In America we are sheltered from much of the violence in the world. We have a false sense of security

These are facts. That being said some folks would call me an Extremeist. I'm cool with that. Those folks I call Sheep. BAHHH...

The time frame we will never know.
    Yeah, it's been a couple days, but...seriously dude?

People are sheep? The bible is dozens of translations/versions old, and it's based on analogies and symbolism. Sure, living by a moral code is fine, but get in touch with reality.

I'll get back to you in 60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    Yeah, it's been a couple days, but...seriously dude?

People are sheep? The bible is dozens of translations/versions old, and it's based on analogies and symbolism. Sure, living by a moral code is fine, but get in touch with reality.

I'll get back to you in 60 years.
    I say this with kindness in mind, and I hope someday you will understand. I know where I will be in 60 years do you?
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

I say this with kindness in mind, and I hope someday you will understand. I know where I will be in 60 years do you?
    Somewhere snapping necks and cashing checks.

You also have no idea. It's called faith, right?

Snapping necks and cashing checks.
    ????????????????

I can only talk to that which I know, We will have to agree to disagree.
    Anticipation of Death is Worse Than Death Itself.
    Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;

You also have no idea. It's called faith, right?
    Yes it's called faith. And you're correct, we have no idea, we have TRUTH.

Watched a man die yesterday at the hospital, he died in faith ready to go, his family was very comforted by the fact that he was ready.

WHEN YOU CHECK OUT BE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE CHECKING INTO!!!!!
    Magnum likes this.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links