Flash Mobs pose challenge to police....

Flash Mobs pose challenge to police....

This is a discussion on Flash Mobs pose challenge to police.... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 'Flash Mobs' Pose Challenge to Police - Officer.com...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Flash Mobs pose challenge to police....

Cool Flash Mobs pose challenge to police....

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I've seen videos of this but I was curious what the legality(in general) would be from the store owners perspective. My gut says "no" but given the number of subjects would a store owner be justified in opening up then. Its a mob mentality and could turn bad in an instant....then again it might not and opening fire on then could do more damage to the store owners health than if he just let them have their way.
    "I don't like repeat offenders, I like DEAD offenders!" -- Ted Nugent
    "Not everyone can be born with common sense, some are born liberals." -- MM218

I would like like to know why police use potentially lethal force on peaceful groups when they assemble to voice their displeasure with a person, group of people or event. Dont U.S citizens have the right to peacefully assemble as given to us by the constitution. Please dont make me post videos proving that police incite violence not the assembled group.

PB2
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    I would like like to know why police use potentially lethal force on peaceful groups when they assemble to voice their displeasure with a person, group of people or event. Dont U.S citizens have the right to peacefully assemble as given to us by the constitution. Please dont make me post videos proving that police incite violence not the assembled group.
    They have the right to peacefully assemble, but they don't have the right to disrupt other people's lives. When they block traffic, or cause damage to private property they become criminals, not protesters. Also, in some cities groups over a certain size must have a permit in order to assemble.
    Tzadik likes this.

And the right to peacefully assemble applies to violent flash mobs exactly how???
    Tzadik likes this.

Why not? Go ahead, I don't mind.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Why not? Go ahead, I don't mind.
    Yes please proceed.

I'm getting popcorn, anyone else?

Pssssst, dlbrown75, you forgot the little at the end of that post because I'm sure that was sarcasm. But, if not, here we go...

First ask yourself, are these people peaceably assembling? - No

" Dont U.S citizens have the right to peacefully assemble as given to us by the constitution."
    - Yes, but you show me the peacefully part. They're breaking the law, not assembling in protest or displeasure in anything. Unless of course, that's their protest because they don't get enough handouts from society. Still, where's the "peace" part? You really think mugging and stealing is within the representation of The Constitution?

I guess if I'm robbing a bank, I can just call it "peaceably assembling except no one else showed up" Good idea! <--- there it is!

"Please dont make me post videos proving that police incite violence not the assembled group."

Make sure you don't post them here as this thread has to do with criminal mobs, not assembly under The Constitution. And remember, you asked!

For everyone else, yeah yeah I know. I took the bait.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

This may bring paddy wagons back in style.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

What about flashbangs and rubber bullets? (From the Police).

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

In our area and many others in Florida the State and County Department of Corrections have large busses that are capable of transporting large numbers of prisoners to correctional facilites.

Pepper Spray and rubber bullets have always been a favorite option in my mind. K-9's and mounted units can be very effective when used properly....

....oh but wait maybe it's just a peaceful assembly in Radio Shack or Wal Mart.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    In our area and many others in Florida the State and County Department of Corrections have large busses that are capable of transporting large numbers of prisoners to correctional facilites.

Pepper Spray and rubber bullets have always been a favorite option in my mind. K-9's and mounted units can be very effective when used properly.... ....oh but wait maybe it's just a peaceful assembly in Radio Shack or Wal Mart.
    Well, those are peaceful weapons too as opposed to the alternative.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    They have the right to peacefully assemble, but they don't have the right to disrupt other people's lives. When they block traffic, or cause damage to private property they become criminals, not protesters. Also, in some cities groups over a certain size must have a permit in order to assemble.
    You must be a policeman. Ive read the constitution and bill of rights and I did not see in there where it says you have to get a permit. And become "criminals" I would hardly call people participating in a peaceful rally who stand in a PUBLIC road or on PUBLIC sidewalk "Criminals". The constitution reads its not only our right but our duty to assemble and let our displeasure with the government be known. I fail to see how our countrymen deserve to be shot with rubber bullets and tasered for standing up to tyranny. But Im sure youll rationalize your behavior somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Pssssst, dlbrown75, you forgot the little at the end of that post because I'm sure that was sarcasm. But, if not, here we go...

First ask yourself, are these people peaceably assembling? - No

" Dont U.S citizens have the right to peacefully assemble as given to us by the constitution."
    - Yes, but you show me the peacefully part. They're breaking the law, not assembling in protest or displeasure in anything. Unless of course, that's their protest because they don't get enough handouts from society. Still, where's the "peace" part? You really think mugging and stealing is within the representation of The Constitution?

I guess if I'm robbing a bank, I can just call it "peaceably assembling except no one else showed up" Good idea! <--- there it is!

"Please dont make me post videos proving that police incite violence not the assembled group."

Make sure you don't post them here as this thread has to do with criminal mobs, not assembly under The Constitution. And remember, you asked!

For everyone else, yeah yeah I know. I took the bait.
    I do know there is a difference between welfare recipients looting and pillaging, and a group of people that gathered in Seattle to protest the WTO meeting. Do the police?

You must be a policeman. Ive read the constitution and bill of rights and I did not see in there where it says you have to get a permit. And become "criminals" I would hardly call people participating in a peaceful rally who stand in a PUBLIC road or on PUBLIC sidewalk "Criminals". The constitution reads its not only our right but our duty to assemble and let our displeasure with the government be known. I fail to see how our countrymen deserve to be shot with rubber bullets and tasered for standing up to tyranny. But Im sure youll rationalize your behavior somehow.

I must have missed the peaceful protests referred to in the news story in the original post. How are those videos coming along?
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links