Run in with one of Rock Hill PDs Narcotics Teams.

This is a discussion on Run in with one of Rock Hill PDs Narcotics Teams. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am willing to prove that I have nothing to hide. YOU dont have to prove anything. The burden of proof is on the state....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Run in with one of Rock Hill PDs Narcotics Teams.

Senior Moderator
    I am willing to prove that I have nothing to hide.
    YOU dont have to prove anything.

The burden of proof is on the state.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Wow. Home of the free, Land of the brave. Eating lunch in your car, and you get treated like a terrorist, until proven inocent. Hmm. We've given up to much Liberty already. It is time to stop being sheep people.

OK...I'm not saying all cops are dirty, most are up right.....But don't tell me no narc unit ever dropped a baggie on someone.

Stolen tag line from another site...

Officer "May I search your car"?
    Me "May I piss in your boot"?
    tbrenke and rammerjammer like this.

I read of a right being waived, but not trampled. They asked permission and it was granted. That is hardly trampling in my book. Trampling is when the OP refuses permission and the vehicle is searched anyway. My First Amendment Rights are not "trampled" if I choose to just smile and nod at a politician instead of telling them what I really think of them.
    Wait a minute, by exercising my Fifth Amendment Rights am I "trampling" my First Amendment Rights?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

OP...thank you. The police were proactively patrolling a known drug area. They approached you with caution and respect, and you returned suit. The police were doing their jobs. The police actually meet good guys while on the hunt for bad guys. You did not have to consent to a search, but you did. You saved yourself a lot of time by not having to wait for a K9, and you made the officers job a lot easier. This got you out of there much quicker and I definitely appreciate the mutual respect. Apparently, there are a few people on this forum who think a fair inquiry to search a vehicle is a gross violation of your rights. Thank you. For handling a simple LEO encounter with a clear head and good judgement. Apparently, for others, this simple encounter would tie undies into a bundle pretty quickly. Again, thanks!
    Secret Spuk and RoadKill like this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    OK...I'm not saying all cops are dirty, most are up right.....But don't tell me no narc unit ever dropped a baggie on someone.

Stolen tag line from another site...

Officer "May I search your car"?
    Me "May I piss in your boot"?
    And there has never been a case of someone making up a story of police brutality to get an officer in trouble either. Are you stating this simply to argue?

Your quote is, well, insane. "May I search your car" is a perfectly legal, legitimate, polite question. How on earth does one get upset by it, or consider the question insulting?

I'll just say, that some LEO's and I have had conversations in the past about "searching" my vehicle. Some seem to do it anymore just so out of routine, it's gotten stupid.

I don't have anything illegal in my vehicle, and I also won't give permission for it to be searched ..... even today. If you want to treat me like a potential criminal, then do it with good justification and go get the warrant... we'll all wait.

I used to some days drive to a park not far from work, and park in the parking lot to eat, etc.... just to get away from "work" for a few minutes. I don't think I would react well if someone came running up on me as you described.... don't bother me when I'm relaxing and eating. .... that's what nice shade trees in park parking lots are good for at noon time.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Im normally all for showing a permit and cooperating but this irritates me.

You were sitting there, doing practically nothing and they Run up on you and Pulled you out of your Car.
    Sorry but thats BS.

Never say yes to a search.

I'd be complaining.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

You have much more trust in your fellow man than I do. I do not willingly allow anyone that I do not personally know in my vehicle. I know that I am honest and have nothing to hide. But, I do not have any idea as to their honesty or motives.

Michael

Quit acting like a bunch of hard azzes. The person was ASKED if they could search his car. The decision was his. He could have said yes or no. He chose to let them search. No law was broken, NO right was violated. He did everything right (informed them of his weapon, permit, etc). Probably took all of 5 extra minutes. I'm sure it was a known drug area, it was probably under surveillance for some time. They spotted his car, wondered why he was sitting in that area. They were well within their procedure to "surf". Too many people on this forum think their a bunch of hard azzes and have absolutely no clue what the 4th or 5th amendment entails or any search and seizure procedures. Let it go, no harm, no foul, he had a positive outcome.
    RoadKill and kb2wji like this.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    I don't know if I'd be willing to consent to the search
    As pro-LEO as I am I would have to tend to instinctively agree. At lunchtime? What was I doing that merited being stopped and searched at lunchtime? For drugs? I might be more understanding if a bank had just been robbed and me and my car matched the description.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    None. They only need reasonable suspicion, but none of that matters now as they gained permission.
    That was my point. Suspicion of what? Eating an unhealthy lunch? People eat lunch in all sorts of places. People sell drugs in restaurants and at picnic tables in the park too.

Message to OP. Don't eat your sammich in an area known for drug deals.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Just continue to eat lunch there.

NOW,let me get this strait,You let them search your car without a warrant or hit from a dog,without any probable cause from your story,and you say thanks for not making it hard on CWP holders,well i'm LEO,and i'm confused..........!I appreciate the cooperation,and alerting them of your ccw and weapon,BUT,why were they there? To roll up like that,something-someone had to make them look your way,JUST-SAYING.I definetly would have been on the defense and ask a bunch of questions.

SC is a must inform state, when they approached him he is required to inform, after that is where things go wrong

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links