Vermont LEOs

Vermont LEOs

This is a discussion on Vermont LEOs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm currently working in NYS as a police officer. I have a little more than 4 years before being eligible for retirement. To any Vermont ...

Thread: Vermont LEOs

Vermont LEOs

I'm currently working in NYS as a police officer. I have a little more than 4 years before being eligible for retirement. To any Vermont LEOs, how are the PD jobs out there? Pay? Quality? Availability? Would they take a retired guy in his early 40s from NY?

I know it's cold there, with long winters. Just kicking some things around for the future. Who knows? I may end up going south instead. Lol.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Wow! Not one single Vermont LEO on DC? Oh well.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Have you tried officer.com?

If you go, take chest waders...
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    Wow! Not one single Vermont LEO on DC? Oh well.
    VT has a very small population, under a million I believe and there is a very low police presence there, so not finding a VT leo on here isn't really all that surprising.
    outside of a few of the larger towns there just aren't too many leo's up there.
    The OP may have better luck finding a job in the south or out west, a while back some city in CA I believe was actively recruiting NYC leos

Administrator
    I'm obviously not a Vermont LEO, but I do know a few. From what I understand, the pay there is very good but as apv pointed, there is not many of them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    If you go, take chest waders...
    That would be the case for a lot of the east coast right now.

Thanks for the reponses guys. Like I said, I have a little more than 4 til I'm eligible. I may even stay where I am. I'm just taking an early look at some options. I wouldn't be opposed to going south either.

I still have some time to figure things out.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I'm pretty sure you could fina one or two LEO jobs in Texas,I don't know how many road deputies my county has,but theres a buttload of ford excursions on the road,and the Deputies take them home,and quite a few are armed with either M4's or MP5's,did I mention the County borders Mexico
    Si Habla Espanol? if not you got 4 years to learn some,I been here about 5 years and I don't habla much
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

VT State Police was just testing, may still have recruitment info on their webpage. I toy with the idea of PD for my next career, I've done fire and medic. Both kids want to do LE.

Of course, VSP probably won't hire me, I look like a skinny Farva from Super Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm pretty sure you could fina one or two LEO jobs in Texas,I don't know how many road deputies my county has,but theres a buttload of ford excursions on the road,and the Deputies take them home,and quite a few are armed with either M4's or MP5's,did I mention the County borders Mexico
    Si Habla Espanol? if not you got 4 years to learn some,I been here about 5 years and I don't habla much
    I speak spanish pretty well. I studied it for four years in HS and got to practice it in the NYS Dept of Corrections and the South Bronx. Texas was a consideration, but I don't think that I could get my wife to move that far. Although it is a very self sufficient state.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite75 View Post
    Thanks, I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory1022 View Post
    VT State Police was just testing, may still have recruitment info on their webpage. I toy with the idea of PD for my next career, I've done fire and medic. Both kids want to do LE.

Of course, VSP probably won't hire me, I look like a skinny Farva from Super Troopers.
    Funny movie. Give it a shot. You'll do better being thin than being overweight. I wish that LE had some incentive to keep guys in shape. Too many cops get waaaaay too fat to do their jobs effectively.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links