Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

This is a discussion on Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Glad the public didn't stand for it. I am a 2A nut, proud citizen and everyday CCW carrier, and I thank God for the LEO ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Glad the public didn't stand for it. I am a 2A nut, proud citizen and everyday CCW carrier, and I thank God for the LEO in my life.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

2. Remove Ads

What a tool. I'm really shocked that he had the nerve to ask him to leave. Not the brightest bulb, apparently.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Will be fun to see who he calls if he is ever robbed...
    He can call his friends from "Cop Watch"!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

While I am sure the police will respond in a professional manner if this idiot ever dials 911, don't you just wish the dispatcher would tell him, "Oh, I'm sorry, we've been told you don't want any of our officers in your establishment!". "If your policy has changed, would you please submit it in writing to the police chief, and he can notify the officers of your change of heart? Thank you." CLICK.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

VIP Member
    Can't imagine his views are shared by a majority in the community. I wonder if he's still in business.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member
    I summarized the story to my wife and my 8 year old daughter overheard. She politely scoffed and said "It's good to have a cop there!" Right-o, kiddo!

The shop owner is a bit of a wacko. However, I can understand his small protest in the wake of police extreme abuses there.

The officer is really no better than the owner. Crying racism because a member of the public doesn't appreciate the recent actions of group he has voluntary membership in is ridiculous and only serves validate shop owners point that the police there at that time were not to be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Martial Archer View Post
    Are you kidding me? He'll be dialing 911 faster than Rosie O'Donnell wipes out a buffet line as soon as the SHTF and then complain the cops didn't get there fast enough!
    The mention of that disgusting piece of garbage that masquerades as a human being just made me throw up in my mouth a little...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

First, on the officer pulling out the race card, Really? Maybe it works where he is from but most folks I talk to tend to disregard anyone that tries to use it. He would lose any support that he might have had by using it here.

Second, the owner has a right to refuse service to anyone. If he truly believes that the police are acting in a heavy handed manner I give him credit for making a stand. I have to wonder though, is he also refusing service to those who actually control what goes on in his city and county? The ones that control the purse strings to the agencies he has issues with? Is he refusing service to the elected officials?

As others say, the people also have a right to not patronize his business if they disagree with his stand.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    But it is his business and he does have the right to refuse service.
    Not necessarily. If a customer is black, or gay, or handicapped, I doubt he would refuse service.
    Look at all the grief Geno's took for asking customers to order in English, for pete's sake.
    He doesn't feel safe with cops around? So he'd feel safe with no cops around? The guy is a left wing nut bag.

It looked like the cop took it pretty well. Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Snip
    It looked like the cop took it pretty well. Good for him!
    The officers response would have been perfect had he not pulled out the race card. Otherwise he did very well for himself and his department.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    First, on the officer pulling out the race card, Really? Maybe it works where he is from but most folks I talk to tend to disregard anyone that tries to use it. He would lose any support that he might have had by using it here.

Second, the owner has a right to refuse service to anyone. If he truly believes that the police are acting in a heavy handed manner I give him credit for making a stand. I have to wonder though, is he also refusing service to those who actually control what goes on in his city and county? The ones that control the purse strings to the agencies he has issues with? Is he refusing service to the elected officials?

As others say, the people also have a right to not patronize his business if they disagree with his stand.

Michael
    Good points. My feeling on the subject is just because its right, doesnt make it. right. The store manager has the right to refuse service to anyone, but I believe his judgement is clouded by his uber liberal feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    The mention of that disgusting piece of garbage that masquerades as a human being just made me throw up in my mouth a little...

Now that's something we can agree on....
    357and40 likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    If you really want to laugh, check out the cafe managers "press conference". He's an idiot to the point of being comical.
    Cafe owner explains why he booted a cop - YouTube
    I too agree that one shouldn't depend on police for protection. Or rely on police for protection between the time help is needed and when they can show up; you're on your own. But I just love the last girl's statements on "What would we do without the police..." starting at 6:25. She boils the solution down to programs and support groups AFTER you're a victim. Wow! And they all feel safe at that cafe because they're all like-minded and they can share flowers and thilly thtories.

To each his own, and good luck with that. And another thing I have to say is I can't stand it when people end their sentences with the last word going higher pitched at the end of every sentence. Every sentence sounds like a question but isn't and like...and like...and like... The wimpy store owner and the last girl do this well. It's about as fun to listen to as that ghetto garbage.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconHunter View Post
    The shop owner is a bit of a wacko. However, I can understand his small protest in the wake of police extreme abuses there. The officer is really no better than the owner. Crying racism because a member of the public doesn't appreciate the recent actions of group he has voluntary membership in is ridiculous and only serves validate shop owners point that the police there at that time were not to be trusted.
    Your are assuming his accusations are true? Perhaps, but this bunch sounds like your average anarchists who rampage against society and global commerce.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links