Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop - Page 3

Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

This is a discussion on Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK; am I the only one that noticed the "Red & Black" logo???? A big red Ernesto "Che" Guevara star on a black background (all ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

OK; am I the only one that noticed the "Red & Black" logo???? A big red Ernesto "Che" Guevara star on a black background (all pictures I have seen he wears a black beret with a red star). I wouldn't set foot in any place using anything similar as a logo.
    Tzadik likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    OK; am I the only one that noticed the "Red & Black" logo???? A big red Ernesto "Che" Guevara star on a black background (all pictures I have seen he wears a black beret with a red star). I wouldn't set foot in any place using anything similar as a logo.
    The red and black thing occurred to me right about the time I read your post. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

I didn't know a place of business could kick a cop out. I realize that you could do this in your home but a place of business, in my mind, seems to be "public". Given its privately owned, I realize now that a manager can ask a police officer to leave but at the same time, I'm thinking if he has a probable cause to be there, I'm wondering how this would play out? Would he have to get a warrant the same as he would if he wanted to go into a residence?

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I think that his mom put the idea in his head one night while she was tucking him in recently. She probably got a traffic citation & was upset at the LEO's rudeness.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    The red and black thing occurred to me right about the time I read your post. I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

I didn't know a place of business could kick a cop out. I realize that you could do this in your home but a place of business, in my mind, seems to be "public". Given its privately owned, I realize now that a manager can ask a police officer to leave but at the same time, I'm thinking if he has a probable cause to be there, I'm wondering how this would play out? Would he have to get a warrant the same as he would if he wanted to go into a residence?
    its private property and unless a crime has been committed/probable cause exists for the officer to be there for official purposes then the property owner/rep has a right to ask anyone to leave

that being said......this owner is complete DB, sleezy anarchist tool dripping with extreme liberalism, the estrogen was practically gushing out of every opening in his pinhead at the press conference
    and I agree with above posts in that the cop should have never compared it to racism but I understand what he meant in that he was targeted because he was in the uniform, but its not the same thing, he was targeted because the owner is a complete DB and his mind is so open his brains have fallen out, he has been neutered and has a mental disorder

what was worse is the anarchist tools from copwatch at his press conference, that right there explains where the owner of this place stands/where he is coming from
    I had to stop watching when the no working anarchist dimwitted tools from copwatch got on the video spewing the garbage from their sewers
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

wow. As a Black man who has been harrassed by police, you still respect the uniform. If the cop acts like a jerk, then you elevate and respond in kind. The cop was just patrolling around and getting to know the neighborhood. Hell, I would give him free coffee and be glad he knew I was the manager so if there was a problem with a "houseless person" (as sissy boy indicated) then I could ask the cop to chill and not use the night stick. What a loser.
    Last edited by SIXTO; September 4th, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

This guy is management material,no wonder the Countries sliding into the crapper,I will be t that the people that he claims are afraid of the Police are the ones that he probably smokes "BUD" with
    kb2wji likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The manager is an complete idiot. I did notice he decided to dress up a little for his "press conference".

I wonder if his little shop has been the scene of a robbery since it has been made public the cops aren't welcome there.

Let's hope this POS never needs the cops. If he did, and I was his LEO, I would sure take my time getting there. I agree with the other posts.....no other way to put it except that this girly man is a true douche bag! What a tool!

I would have to disagree. I would not lower my professionalism because of some douche bag.
    wmhawth, mlr1m, Tzadik and 1 others like this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    ok the shop owner is a douche bag....end of story
    Boy did you hit that one on the head! I hope the shop owner doesn't ever need police assistance. I suspect the response time might be a tad slow.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Just FYI, this happened over a year ago, almost a year and a half ago...The cafe is still in business and actually according to an interview with the "collective owners" have doubled their business since the incident took place.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    Just FYI, this happened over a year ago, almost a year and a half ago...The cafe is still in business and actually according to an interview with the "collective owners" have doubled their business since the incident took place.
    That would speak volumes about Portland if true but I would take the "doubled their business" part with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    That would speak volumes about Portland if true but I would take the "doubled their business" part with a grain of salt.

Perhaps their clientel are the criminal type who want a "safe place" to eat or sell their wares.
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiesdad View Post
    Perhaps their clientel are the criminal type who want a "safe place" to eat or sell their wares.
    lol... their clientele are all skinny vegans, the cafe is like the "Island of misfit toys" from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer IMHO...all_misfit_toys_welcome_here-1.jpg

Come on... so the guy dont want cops around... Whats the big deal?... His rights are as important as mine. Although I may not agree with his position, I'll fight to the death for his right to have it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links