Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

This is a discussion on Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw this title and thought it sounded interesting. Then I learned that it is from my hometown of Portland. Explains a lot. Cop Kicked ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Cop Kicked Out Of Coffee Shop

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

I saw this title and thought it sounded interesting. Then I learned that it is from my hometown of Portland. Explains a lot.

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

ok the shop owner is a douche bag....end of story
    357and40, ZTF Hitman and babarock like this.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

If you really want to laugh, check out the cafe managers "press conference". He's an idiot to the point of being comical.
    Cafe owner explains why he booted a cop - YouTube

Be nice to see the shop owner pay a price for his practice. That price being, NO CUSTOMERS and NO REVENUE. End result; no more Red and Black cafe.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Wow... The is an *OLD* story :) I thought maybe he did it again... I agree, the guy is a complete DB... But on the other hand, It is private property and he does have the right to refuse service to anyone... For as much as people bash cops in the town, I was pleasantly surprised at the backlash...

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Can someone please tell the details of the video for those us that can't watch it....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Yeah, a local officer went into the R&B cafe for a cup of coffee. He sparked up a friendly conversation with a lady and her daughter while there. A short time passed and the cafe owner interrupted the conversation and asked the office to leave because he did not feel safe with the officer there. Apparently there had been some kinda negativity aimed at the local police prior. That's the meat and potatoes of the video as I understood it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I would be parking in front of the deli drinking my cofee everyday..see if that makes him feel unsafe
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

The owner of this business has every right to ask the officer, or anyone else to leave. While I may not agree with his reasons, he is entitled to them. And his business is his own. He makes the rules. If a business can deny a CCW carrier access, why cant he deny the police also? It seems the Cafe served the officer, but preferred that he not hang around. While we may not agree with his logic, It's his store. Keep in mind who the police really work for.

It is his store, but it's our business that he's trying to solicit. This guarantees they will never receive mine.

I wish I owned a near by coffee shop. I'd play it up for all it's worth.

Law Enforcement 1/2 price, Wednesday is Law Enforcement night, Free Doughnuts etc.
    atctimmy likes this.

Will be fun to see who he calls if he is ever robbed...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I agree the owner is an idiot. He proved that the minute he opened his mouth and the BS started rolling out. But it is his business and he does have the right to refuse service. I just wonder what kind of a response time he will receive if he ever has to call the police.
    Last edited by archer51; September 3rd, 2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I agree the owner is an idiot. He proved that the minute he opened his mouth and the BS started rolling out. But it is his business and he does have the right to refuse service. I jut wonder what kind of a response time he will receive if he ever has to call the police.
    The cops will respond to his emergency calls in a professional manner. I'd bet on it. His sorry arse will continue to be protected by the very people he throws out of his establishment. This guy is a real piece of work.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Will be fun to see who he calls if he is ever robbed...
    Are you kidding me? He'll be dialing 911 faster than Rosie O'Donnell wipes out a buffet line as soon as the SHTF and then complain the cops didn't get there fast enough!
    Last edited by Martial Archer; September 3rd, 2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typo
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    The cops will respond to his emergency calls in a professional manner. I'd bet on it. His sorry arse will continue to be protected by the very people he throws out of his establishment. This guy is a real piece of work.
    While I do agree, even 'professionals' can have flat tires on the way to an emergency.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links