A soldier's story

A soldier's story

This is a discussion on A soldier's story within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Found this and I thought I would share... A decade of duty, a time of sacrifice for soldier...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A soldier's story

A soldier's story

Found this and I thought I would share...

A decade of duty, a time of sacrifice for soldier

Great story Im glad he is able to get his life going...On a side not, read some of the comments, It will make your blood boil.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Great story Im glad he is able to get his life going...On a side not, read some of the comments, It will make your blood boil.
    I didn't read comments, I will now

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    I didn't read comments, I will now
    Its going to piss you off, it did me...I had a slow melt down before making the comment on here....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    A true American, one who put his life on the line, time and again. I salute him.

As for the comments, the only ones I saw that were derogatory were from some idiot going by the handle of Nwoisantifreedom. The man is an idiot, and I wouldn't pee on him to put it out if he were on fire!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I only read the first page of comments, and Nwoisantifreedom does make inflammatory comments, but is he that far off?

Just a question. I don't agree with him, and he is an extremist, but I have wondered about the reasoning behind some of his views before.

Don't hate me too much.

Good story though.

Thank you for sharing such a great article. I also started reading the comments and after a couple of minutes decided that it wasn't worth ruining the story.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    I only read the first page of comments, and Nwoisantifreedom does make inflammatory comments, but is he that far off?

Just a question. I don't agree with him, and he is an extremist, but I have wondered about the reasoning behind some of his views before. Don't hate me too much.

Good story though.
    He has his right to his views. My problem is when he attacks the men and women who sacrifice their bodies and their lives for something they believe in. If he wants to attack the government fine, more power to him, just don't sit back on your lazy ass and attack our men and women in uniform!
    Harryball and sigmanluke like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    He has his right to his views. My problem is when he attacks the men and women who sacrifice their bodies and their lives for something they believe in. If he wants to attack the government fine, more power to him, just don't sit back on your lazy ass and attack our men and women in uniform!
    I agree 100%.

There is no doubt in my mind that Garcia has a firm concept of what is important in this/his life...I expect him to be a great credit to his community...It is what we all expect from our vets...

Exactly..Nice post..

If he doesn't like what is going on here, he can work for the people he wants elected. if they win, he gets his views put into practice. if they don't , he has to live with the people elected who make the law, and he can continue to spout off his ideas. Or he can leave and start his own country. But he gets to spout off becuase people like Garcia are protecting his right to do so.

VIP Member
    Quote from article:

"I remember the pain started thumping when I got to triage. I couldn't breathe very well - shrapnel had collapsed a lung - and that scared me, like maybe it was signaling the end. The ballistic lens of my sunglasses had smashed into the socket of my eye, lodging there and breaking the orbital bone. I hadn't even realized that I was only seeing with my left eye, because shrapnel penetrated the other one.

The right side of my body was peppered from head to foot. It got my intestines, so I had to have a colostomy, and later I lost my gall bladder. Big chunks tore through both legs - hip on the right, knee on the left - so bad that doctors said they'd be pretty much useless."

And Sargent 1st. cl. Garcia had this to add,

" But I always think how much worse it could have been."

Is he kidding me????

I think Sgt. Garcia is another unsung hero.

Class act in my book.

He should be out giving inspirational/motivational speeches.

Blaise Pascal:
    Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Well, the man is entitled to his thoughts. Having said that, its probably safe to say he doesnt have job either. (the "NWO" idiot)

Nwoisantifreedom is probly 400 lbs, sitting in his mommy's basement, stuffing his face with chocolate, reject that couldn't pass the entrance exam for the military andf now wants to be noticed.
    azchevy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links