Carrying Credentials

This is a discussion on Carrying Credentials within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SpikeTX In this scenario; Not just anyone would walk around with a badge on their belt. So in that case it would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carrying Credentials

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeTX View Post
    In this scenario; Not just anyone would walk around with a badge on their belt. So in that case it would be believable. I would assume posers would not walk around with a badge on the belt.
    I'm sure there is someone who carries a CCW badge on their belt. ;)

Thinking again... The above scenario would assume (to me) that your wearing a jacket and it is opened. If you approached and jacket was closed then opened to show I would be skeptical. That is just me I don't trust much beyond my world.
    I was just thinking saying you are somewhere and it's getting robbed, you see someone else pull a gun and there is a badge on his belt, are you skeptical? or do you take it at face value?
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    when we're off duty, we're required to have our badge on the belt in close proximity to the gun, so I never have used a badge wallet

we're also required to keep our LE id card on us at all times and its in the wallet with the check card, insurance, CHL, etc
    I've been thinking about getting the LE id out and carrying it separately .....just haven't done it yet, but sounds like good idea
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Senior Moderator
    I have an ID in my wallet at all times.

In uniform, I use a separate wallet with ID and a Star in it, with nothing else except a few buisness cards and around 30 bucks in cash.

I do have a clip on belt badge when I am wearing an unconcealed gun, which is actually the law here.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I carried my ID and badge in a credentials case in my left rear pocket - but sitting on the blasted thing all day was literally starting to be a PITA.

Now, I just carry the ID by itself, in a clear plastic sleeve. I don't want folks in line seeing a badge or police ID, so I don't keep it in my regular wallet.

As others have said, the badge means nothing without the ID. If I am challenged (while out of uniform) I will hold my ID up above my head and follow the instructions of the uniformed officers.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    when we're off duty, we're required to have our badge on the belt in close proximity to the gun, so I never have used a badge wallet

we're also required to keep our LE id card on us at all times and its in the wallet with the check card, insurance, CHL, etc
    I've been thinking about getting the LE id out and carrying it separately .....just haven't done it yet, but sounds like good idea
    Interesting you mention CHL. I'm thinking of putting mine with my shield/id as it does have my agency name and title on it.

I'm still getting used to carrying two wallets. I have my shield & id in it along with an emergency credit card. The one I got has spots for two IDs a shield and 3 other card slots but no money pocket. Carrying it in the rear pocket is ok, but in the front can be bit uncomfortable depending what pants I have on and how much room the pockets have. With cargos it's not much of an issue at all.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links