Gangs - Page 2

Gangs

This is a discussion on Gangs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As a former gang associate I can tell you this, they don't like Police. If you are not a LEO and try to act like ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gangs

As a former gang associate I can tell you this, they don't like Police. If you are not a LEO and try to act like one they will like you even less, and they will make it known in violent ways.

Like others have said, avoid them if you can. If there is a situation where you can't, be firm but don't disrespect them. If they feel like they have been dissed in front of their crews you could see what is akin to a human swarm and that is bad.
    64zebra likes this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Some food for thought and discussion. They're literally hundreds of thousands of gang bangers in the America's and growing everyday. LEO'S can not even keep them under control and will not even acknowledge a gang problem until it is "out of control". Pity the folks that can't afford to move out of the crime / gang infestations that have taken over American cities and neighborhoods. Just like the drug problem, LE and the government can not clean up even one neighborhood infestation of scum. It's not LEGAL for the citizens to band together to clean up their streets, hell, they're to afraid to even report crime, because if they do, they're post toasties. Taking into account what is legal and what is not, how do citizens take back "the hood"? I personally was in such a situation not long ago, and fortunately I had the means to relocate and let the riff raft take charge. I was at a huge disadvantage because you have a family to worry about and live at a fixed location. Were it not for my family's safety, if it were just myself, I truly believe BUBBA would be happy to entertain me in prison on the charge of insect extermination. Protection money, rape, robbery, burglary, home invasion, murder, house gang graffiti, drugs, vandalism, worry, fret, ulcers, intimidation and your families safety is no way to exist. Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    Some food for thought and discussion. They're literally hundreds of thousands of gang bangers in the America's and growing everyday. LEO'S can not even keep them under control and will not even acknowledge a gang problem until it is "out of control". Pity the folks that can't afford to move out of the crime / gang infestations that have taken over American cities and neighborhoods. Just like the drug problem, LE and the government can not clean up even one neighborhood infestation of scum. It's not LEGAL for the citizens to band together to clean up their streets, hell, they're to afraid to even report crime, because if they do, they're post toasties. Taking into account what is legal and what is not, how do citizens take back "the hood"? I personally was in such a situation not long ago, and fortunately I had the means to relocate and let the riff raft take charge. I was at a huge disadvantage because you have a family to worry about and live at a fixed location. Were it not for my family's safety, if it were just myself, I truly believe BUBBA would be happy to entertain me in prison on the charge of insect extermination. Protection money, rape, robbery, burglary, home invasion, murder, house gang graffiti, drugs, vandalism, worry, fret, ulcers, intimidation and your families safety is no way to exist. Opinions?
    Pretty much all true.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    glockman is right! IMO, if you are not LE the best is to avoid them instead of trying to identify the gangs or to understand their language.
    First step in avoidance is identification.

A lot of young men effect the dress and mannerisms of gang members. It seems it has become part of our culture.

Jim

Gangs generally understand two simple things.....death and looking at one of their dead. No real teamwork is involved with gangs...that's how they increase their numbers and decrease at the same time. I don't think you should come here looking for gang experience and how to identify.......I'm pretty much a fan of exterminating them all if they won't do it themselves. If you're dealing with that sort of crap then you may want to move. If you have some form of nuclear weapon in city limits, then deploy it by all means, neutralize the intended target and move on. Most gangs have no backbone, they live by numbers alone. Gangbanger might make for a nice porch Halloween decoration for me. If you have a corpse you'd be wiling to ship, it might save me in candy this year. Be sure to freeze it before you ship and I'll thaw out when needed. Gangs and gang members are only what you make them. They will cry for their mother when confronted alone. If they don't, you know what to do. Gangs get their power from fear. Take your street and your community before somebody ruins Christmas. Big city games.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    As a former gang associate I can tell you this, they don't like Police. If you are not a LEO and try to act like one they will like you even less, and they will make it known in violent ways.

Like others have said, avoid them if you can. If there is a situation where you can't, be firm but don't disrespect them. If they feel like they have been dissed in front of their crews you could see what is akin to a human swarm and that is bad.
    That is a very good advice
    357and40 likes this.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Gangs generally understand two simple things.....death and looking at one of their dead. No real teamwork is involved with gangs...that's how they increase their numbers and decrease at the same time. I don't think you should come here looking for gang experience and how to identify.......I'm pretty much a fan of exterminating them all if they won't do it themselves. If you're dealing with that sort of crap then you may want to move. If you have some form of nuclear weapon in city limits, then deploy it by all means, neutralize the intended target and move on. Most gangs have no backbone, they live by numbers alone. Gangbanger might make for a nice porch Halloween decoration for me. If you have a corpse you'd be wiling to ship, it might save me in candy this year. Be sure to freeze it before you ship and I'll thaw out when needed. Gangs and gang members are only what you make them. They will cry for their mother when confronted alone. If they don't, you know what to do. Gangs get their power from fear. Take your street and your community before somebody ruins Christmas. Big city games.
    Yes, alone, like the jackal or the coyote, they are cowards. The problem is they are rarely alone. Even Lance Thomas learned that lesson.. and had to close up shop. Revenge for them, as re: their "blood" is a given. And a WMD takes out too many innocents.

Individually; Lima, even in her current condition, could take them on... but the aftermath can be fatal.

Further, they are currently training in the armed forces... and once home, are recruiting and "training up" new members. While still disorganized, they may evolve into a formidable domestic foe over time... straining already overburdened police forces (with furloughs, layoffs etc.).

That said, I agree with your general sentiment towards gangs and their membership.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Chris, you be careful around those scum. They are very dangerous, but not because they are tough, but because they are cowards. Its not the ones you see that you need to worry about, its the little POS scumbag who will shoot you in the back.
    +1

One lesson I learned is that they tend to respect confidence. Working as a private security officer, I found that not talking "down" to them, but also not backing down worked quite well.

On another note:
    I got to know a well spoken, well dressed young man (20s) who was taking college business classes (same campus as I was). A month or two later, I ran into him and a couple of other "young men" (gang colors, tats, etc.) at a local rifle range. He asked me if I was willing to teach his "friends" to shoot. He knew an uncomfortable amount about my personal life, NRA & hunter safety instructor, family, home, etc. I did not teach his friends to shoot, but did get to know him a little better over the two years I was in Wisconsin. One thing that happened as a result, the graffiti at one of the contracts I worked stopped completely while I was there. When I left, the graffiti resumed. Some form of respect to me? It made my skin crawl and to watch my back a bit more closely.

We may consider gang-bangers as scum, but some are very well connected scum (think beyond local). The college was 250+ miles from home in a different state.

Stay safe Chris!

+1 to what Oakchas said
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

VIP Member
    Chris....prepare to read up and watch documentary
    this, and cbp210's links
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    re-read glockman's post several times and let it sink in....very deep

Harryball....you are absolutely correct....while there are far more numbers of gangs with black/hispanics, there are some just a ignorant/stupid and brutal with caucasians....I've had car chases, foot chases and fights with skinheads/Aryan Brotherhood of Texas. Stupidity and hatred has no ethnic or skin color boundaries.

Chad Rogers beat me to it.....if you want a good crash course in gang mindset, terminology, signs, tats, etc....watch gangland, get past episodes, etc. It is eye-opening to persons not already versed in gang info.

lots of good info in this thread for you Chris (and anyone else that wants it) but Guantes and Paco's posts (IMO) are paramount:
    they are always looking for, and will spot and exploit any 'opening', sign of weakness/lapses they detect on your part
    and if you contact one in the presence of his 'homies'....watch your stuff...its at this time they will be more dangerous because they want to look tough in front of their homies and their homies will group up on you, they will really group up on you if in their minds you are dissing any of the group

They don't like cops at ALL and they really don't like it when they lose their drug stash/shipment. I've had death threats from several gang members (latest was Monday) and have no doubt that if they decided to work on it they would attempt it. I stay prepared on and off-duty.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

The nice thing about gang members is that they advertise that you should stay the hell away from them with open displays of tats and ccolors. It is joe public I worry about more than gangsters. You never know what Joe Public is up to...

I second the concept of watching Gangland. They do point out a lot of what you are asking about as identifiers and explain why the identifiers are what they are.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    First step in avoidance is identification.

A lot of young men effect the dress and mannerisms of gang members. It seems it has become part of our culture.

Jim
    Branding of the forehead after conviction of gang association would be a good step. Not yet legal but even tho I hate NEW laws as a general rule I'd support that one.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Why not just apply them to the terrorist watch list, and then watch the fireworks. DEA/ATF/FBI/??? could have a field day, just shooting all these "tough" guys.

all day fridays on spike tv. Gangland is on, and if you have netflix instant watch. The gangland series is on there
    A friend will help you move. A real friend will help move the bodies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links