Gangs

Gangs

This is a discussion on Gangs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here in Indianapolis we have been recieving a number of bolos on Surenos and MS-13 lately as well as Gangster Disciples and The Bloods. Obviously ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gangs

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Gangs

Here in Indianapolis we have been recieving a number of bolos on Surenos and MS-13 lately as well as Gangster Disciples and The Bloods. Obviously there are others like the Boulevard Boys and smaller gangs but I was hoping to get some answers from those of you with more gang experience than I have. What tattoos should I be looking for, what colors should I be looking for other than the obvious ones. What gang signs are prevalent and what would be really helpful is if someone who knows the sign language used by MS-13 who would be willing to send me to a link or video of it that would be helpful.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Peruse this website (link). There are other sites with more info. Gang Tattoos - Photo identifiers for street gangs and prison gangs
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    try this site

Gangs OR Us - Identifying street gangs; prisons gangs

PS "boricua" your link seems to be corrupt.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    try this site

Gangs OR Us - Identifying street gangs; prisons gangs

PS "boricua" your link seems to be corrupt.
    Thanks. It was one of the pages of the website you provided.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Chris, you be careful around those scum. They are very dangerous, but not because they are tough, but because they are cowards. Its not the ones you see that you need to worry about, its the little POS scumbag who will shoot you in the back.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The Dreggs of society...............a subculture of low life individuals who are not worth the breath to discuss them here. Everything that goes down the sewer represents their ideology.
    My question is....why would people support this kind of garbage by buying their music that only describes their miserable lives...?
    And shame on the music industry for supporting such filth just to make a buck......it's genuinely disgusting.
    wmhawth, Hopyard and tcon67 like this.

Here in Florida we have area task forces with the most updated gang activity in the given areas.

Indianapolis Metro has such a unit and you may be able to access their data base depending on your classification as LEO.

As Gman10mm said they can be very treacherous so in any dealings have backup and remember they all don't always wear colors.

We had many in our area taking college courses (especially Hatian gang members) and holding regular jobs. They blended right in to society until they started "busting caps".

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Chris, you be careful around those scum. They are very dangerous, but not because they are tough, but because they are cowards. Its not the ones you see that you need to worry about, its the little POS scumbag who will shoot you in the back.
    glockman is right! IMO, if you are not LE the best is to avoid them instead of trying to identify the gangs or to understand their language.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Kinda like the skulking dog that sneaks up behind you, you don't want to turn your back on them.

I was at the ABC store yesterday, waiting on someone in the store when a sedan with 4 young black men drove up to park beside me. I saw them pulling in, and unholstered my EDC, not because of anything they did, but because they fit the profile of someone who might commit an act of random violence.

Hispanics and black young men fit the profile.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    Kinda like the skulking dog that sneaks up behind you, you don't want to turn your back on them.

I was at the ABC store yesterday, waiting on someone in the store when a sedan with 4 young black men drove up to park beside me. I saw them pulling in, and unholstered my EDC, not because of anything they did, but because they fit the profile of someone who might commit an act of random violence.

Hispanics and black young men fit the profile.
    So do young WHITE wanna be's.

Chris G-man is right, they are cowards, they get there power in numbers. There like fire ants, keep an eye on your 6....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    I also heartily endorse watching episodes of Gangland. There are nine seasons worth, and they can get old and somewhat repetetive, but they are worth it.
    357and40 likes this.

VIP Member
    Seriously, these dirtbags make my skin crawl. They are the worst sort of vermin. Ankle-biting little vipers and just as deadly.

This is my opinion,anybody in a street gang especially blood,crips,ms13,surenos,La Familia,Mexican Mafia,should have a "shoot on sight" order,anybody charged and convicted of a violent gang crime should be executed,see how many little kids wanta grow up and worship the POS then
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Chris,

As Gman and others have said, stay sharp if you have dealings with bangers. They are very quick to spot and take advantage of inadequacies or lapses and they will exploit them if they can. If they do not spot such advantages, they will rarely try you.
    64zebra likes this.
    "I do what I do." Cpl 'coach' Bowden, "Southern Comfort".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links