Tax payers paid for "Fast and Furious" - Page 2

Tax payers paid for "Fast and Furious"

This is a discussion on Tax payers paid for "Fast and Furious" within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Brian Terry's family is getting the same disrespect and slap in the face Pat Tillmans family got. Lies, coverups, doubletalk, and failure to accept responsibility. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Tax payers paid for "Fast and Furious"

Brian Terry's family is getting the same disrespect and slap in the face Pat Tillmans family got. Lies, coverups, doubletalk, and failure to accept responsibility. Sometimes my government embarrasses me.

mel
    When does it end? This is an absolute travesty! Coverups, corruption, absolute embarrassment.

Mess ups (putting it politely) like this one have nothing to do with politicians. They happen because most of our governmental agencies are huge and unmanageable-- no different than any other large organization.
    What Hopyard said. Fast and Furious evolved from the bottom up. The concept was hatched in the Phoenix office of the BATFE with career bureaucrats and with the blessing of the local federal prosecutor.

Politicians had a chance to streamline the federal alphabet agencies after 911 but they refused to do that. Instead they placed another layer of deniability between those agencies and the white house. The Homeland Security Dep't is a huge self serving bureaucracy.

The only folks who really care about Fast and Furious are a few politicians in the US congress and folks on pro-Second Amendment message boards. None of the conservative presidential candidates has talked about Fast and Furious. The federal agencies involved will stonewall the few congressmen who are making an issue of F&F: It will be overcome by events. Tom Cole, my US congress critter, did not answer my letter on Fast and Furious.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links