LE or PI help

LE or PI help

This is a discussion on LE or PI help within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My daughter's is a single mom raising an autistic boy on an office clerks salary in Texarkana. Her ex husband has been paying minimal child ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By wmhawth

Thread: LE or PI help

LE or PI help

My daughter's is a single mom raising an autistic boy on an office clerks salary in Texarkana. Her ex husband has been paying minimal child support based on his wages from 5 years ago. For the last couple of years he's been working as an electrical contractor in Iraq is likely making 5 times what he had previously made. Daughter is attempting to bring this back to court for a support adjustment but nobody can find him to serve papers. I believe he got his job through Lear Siegler/Red River Army Depot. Questions:
    Can he be served even if he's out of the country?
    Is there a way to locate him?
    Can customs flag his passport so we know when he's back in the country?

Sorry if this isn't the place to post this but I'm running out of fatherly advice to pass on to my daughter.
    To sit back hoping that someday, some way, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last - but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Here are some resources for Texas, assuming she lives in Texas and it was a Texas divorce:

https://www.oag.state.tx.us/cs/index.shtml

Child Support in Texas & Deadbeat Dads | Family Law Firm Busby & Associates

Good luck. Nothing makes me go ballistic like a worthless scumbag egg-sucking panty-waisted girly-man boy child trying to skip on his moral and financial obligations to children.
    Old School likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Here are some resources for Texas, assuming she lives in Texas and it was a Texas divorce:

Child Support in Texas & Deadbeat Dads | Family Law Firm Busby & Associates

Good luck. Nothing makes me go ballistic like a worthless scumbag egg-sucking panty-waisted girly-man boy child trying to skip on his moral and financial obligations to children.
    Please stop beating around the bush and tell us how you feel about this.
    oneshot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

Child Support in Texas & Deadbeat Dads | Family Law Firm – Busby & Associates

You are so right.

To the OP, I hope you can find some answers...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Hopefully MitchellCT might know some cursory inklings with child custody/divorce.

Man, that sucks, but is all too prevalent these days.

If you ain't got ot, you ain't got it.
    Chump coulda sent your daughter a note and some money saying he would pay $2-300 extra a month while he's over there. That , just might have called off the dogs completely.
    What an irresponsible ignoramous.

I pray to the Lord my daughters never bring one of these idiots home.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Best of luck! Oh, and it was nice seeing the old SAC emblem again!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Senior Moderator
    This might be of help: http://www.supreme.courts.state.tx.u...cp/rcp_all.pdf

In particular, Texas Rules of Civil Procedure, rules 106, 107, 108a, and 109.

I'd suggest contacting the office there in Texas that oversees the support payments. They are usually pretty helpful on this sort of thing, and can at the very least point her to an attorney who can assist her. It seems to me that given the circumstances one of the allowed forms of alternative service might apply, removing the need to track him down in Iraq.

Good luck, and go get him.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Not sticking up for the guy, but if he is meeting his court ordered requirements, it may be difficult to get the court system to help.

It may be possible for her to proceed without his being served. She may be able to post legal notices in newspapers, informing him of the actions, and if after a certain time period he has not responded, proceed from there. Unfortunately in that case, although she might get an increase in support, collecting could be very difficult.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links