Recruit kicked out for no reason? Suggestions on better Security Companies?

This is a discussion on Recruit kicked out for no reason? Suggestions on better Security Companies? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Friend was in the military for 4 years, then join at the time "blackwater" now "Xe", as a firearms instructor, while going to school part-time, ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By Guest1
  • 2 Post By Stubborn
  • 1 Post By JAG45
  • 1 Post By Pioneer

Thread: Recruit kicked out for no reason? Suggestions on better Security Companies?

Friend was in the military for 4 years, then join at the time "blackwater" now "Xe", as a firearms instructor, while going to school part-time, he got recruited and went through 10 weeks through LETA/VBPD. He has now just been told on the first 10th week that an instructor "forced him to quit", he had chosen not to. The next test he took, he failed him. He is receiving his Administration of Justice Degree in Spring 2012, which he now says is pointless. I asked him did he do, or has recently done anything criminal related or pissed off the instructors he said no. I told him to switch to Homeland Security degree which is adjacent to ADJ. The "VA" told him he must finish his ADJ before pursuing the 2-4 year degree for homeland security. He is now told that the instructor told at every other cities training academy won't accept him. Military police I asked he said "too old" , I said try State Trooper, he replied "Nah, its pointless. The horse is dead and I'm tired of kicking it. Any suggestions on what other jobs he can pursue because obviously no Police department wants him in the Virginia area, and that was his main goal to do.

IMHO theres something your friend ain't telling you
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    He can also try base police/DOD police, which is what I am gonna try to do after retirement from the Navy.

VIP Member
    Judging from your story, I'm guessing your friend is in his late 20's early 30's. Definitely not "too old" for most police departments. As dukalmighty said, there may be something your friend is convienently leaving out of his story.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Something is being left out here, but a CJ major isn't put entirely to waste if he's not going to be an LEO, there are a whole slew of jobs in the field and his school should be promoting all those other outlets and his degree should give him a working knowledge of what many of the other career options entail. He may have to talk to an academic adviser but it largely overlaps with paralegal stuff, which means when the degree is done there are only a handful of classes needed, and if he pursues a BA legal studies and can move toward a law degree. With his background there are also a host of well paying private security jobs out there (but executive protection and security consulting). Homeland Security and emergency management degrees are doable, but the job market is narrow, not sure about ADJ, but if its more like an AS than an AAS it is generally pretty easy to transfer into a BA program having credit for the two years of gen eds. Management and business would also be things to look at in a 4 year program, so if he really has given up on the career field he's got good job skills then he can go into any number of career paths.

I think there is definitely more to the story. Stands out even more so when he says there's no point, getting that far and just giving up...something isn't adding up. I've heard stories of guys making it through 20 weeks of a 26 week state academy and starting over due to injury and needing to take a year or two before they're able to return and repeat the application and background processes then go through the academy from day one.

Glock Certified Armorer

Maybe the area...sometimes they get so many applicants they only hand-pick the best ones. Had a friend this happened to. He was retired TVA Police, been through federal training 2-3 times in his career and was told that he was over-qualified for a deputy's position and was told quote: "Hell, you're more qualified than our sheriff, you're resume is thicker than our biggest city's phone book"! He now does maintenance for a huge local resort, along with watching out for bad guys.
    Last edited by Gunsmoke16; September 29th, 2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: spelling error

It sounds "Fishy"
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Yep...smells
    Chad Rogers and Secret Spuk like this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OP: your friend is leaving something out. I have a AJ/CJ degree...and not doing police work. His biggest liability is to NOT finish his degree. There are opportunities in DHS....but chances are, he needs a degree.

Seriously...it sounds like he pissed someone off...and whoever he did piss off, they know people.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    OP: your friend is leaving something out. I have a AJ/CJ degree...and not doing police work. His biggest liability is to NOT finish his degree. There are opportunities in DHS....but chances are, he needs a degree.

Seriously...it sounds like he pissed someone off...and whoever he did piss off, they know people.
    Either that or there is something in his background he conveniently left out,serious misdemeanor,drug use etc that came up and they told him they were disqualifiers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

I have seen a lot of guys who have had some problems in the pass had nothing since then put it down on their app and come in explain it and get put on. Likewise, I have seen people with much less not put it on the application and when it showed up were toast right then.
    Old School likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG45 View Post
    I have seen a lot of guys who have had some problems in the pass had nothing since then put it down on their app and come in explain it and get put on. Likewise, I have seen people with much less not put it on the application and when it showed up were toast right then.
    Exactly,it's not so much what you did,it's the fact you tried to hide it ,which is a problem especially when it states on an application any falsifications or ommissions could be grounds for termination

GM
    I think it must be something you do not know. I am sorry, but there is something very fishy about this entire story.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I know a lot of departments that are very forgiving of youthful indiscretions. But only if you fully disclose. If they discover something you failed to disclose you are history as you have demonstrated that either you (a) can not be relied upon to remember important things or (b) were intentionally deceptive.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I agree with many others on this. My "B.S." detector is going off the scale. If what he says is true about being "black balled" with other area departments, and / or being told he is denied for being "too old," he has one heck of a good law suit. Occasionally I was assigned to conduct background investigations on officer applicants, and there are many court decisions covering those kinds of issues. However what he is saying, as reported, just does not have the ring of truth.
    Skygod likes this.
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

Sponsored Links