Well I was certified today for the X26

This is a discussion on Well I was certified today for the X26 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went for a ride when I became an instructor back in 2007. It sucked....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Well I was certified today for the X26

I went for a ride when I became an instructor back in 2007. It sucked.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    You've got to have faith in your equipment, it doesn't hurt to know what how the non-lethal stuff feels. I was OC sprayed a few times, we didn't have the tasers when I was active, but all the new guys get a taste at the Academy.
    Buuuulllllllllllllcrap!!!! I dont care who you are. It hurts! I would have had all the faith I needed by watching a few youtube video's.

OP: Welcome to the club. We are an elite group of men and women who have no shame crying like little school girls for all to laugh at. I'm with ya...i'll still ride that Taser before getting OC'd again.

Just dont get Taser-dependent. That thing works great when it works. I've had plenty of situations where it either failed (launched one dart instead of both) for it had no effect (caught in clothing etc...) Dont put all your eggs in the taser basket and you'll be fine. Always have that backup plan, and when you click that safety off, go ahead and assume its going to fail.

I just did the recertifications for my department. None of the recerts took a ride, but one newbie volunteered! I would take a TASER hit any day over OC.

This sounds nutty but would love the chance to be Tased. I have to lick my fingers to feel 110 volts AC. Have gotten zapped with 50,000 volts from Oil burner transformer and Neon sign transformers and those do NOT drop down after a few seconds.

I will tell you this. I would rather get shot with a firearm then OCed. That my friends is NASTY Stuff.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    I remember my ride well, except mine was 10 seconds for some reason, I think the guy pulled the trigger twice...............what a jerk. Granted I did threaten to shoot him as I was being tazed, i think thats what I said, it came out more as i am arrhhrhghhgghghehehrehhreehhhhhhhhhhhhhh you
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I had a woman OC me one night in the parking lot of a club. She thought I was some other dude.

I should have made tee shirts that said "I'm not that guy you need to OC" LOL
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links