Well I was certified today for the X26

This is a discussion on Well I was certified today for the X26 within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And it sucked....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Well I was certified today for the X26

Well I was certified today for the X26

And it sucked.
    Last edited by Tyler11B; September 30th, 2011 at 01:12 AM.
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good times. I got tear-gassed back in my day. That was sufficient.

I was OC sprayed as well. I'd rather be tased hands down over the fire water.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

Cool

Took the 5 second ride a few years back.

When it's over it's over but while it's going on ....WOW !

I second the taser rather than sprayed.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    I was OC sprayed as well. I'd rather be tased hands down over the fire water.
    LOL - 'Almost like some sort of hazing ritual. I wonder if the WWI guys used to mustard gas each other...
    Erick46590 likes this.

You've got to have faith in your equipment, it doesn't hurt to know what how the non-lethal stuff feels. I was OC sprayed a few times, we didn't have the tasers when I was active, but all the new guys get a taste at the Academy.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Well I have a whole lotta faith now
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Well, that bites.
    Thank you for standing in the thin blue line.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Distinguished Member
    It looks like quite the ride. We don't have tasers yet so I haven't had the pleasure. OC on the other hand... that's like the gift that keeps on giving.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    It looks like quite the ride. We don't have tasers yet so I haven't had the pleasure. OC on the other hand... that's like the gift that keeps on giving.
    oh it was. one probe went through my rigger's belt and stuck in my lower back and the other probe hit high on the back of my right leg below my butt. my upper body didnt feel so bad, but man my lower body was done for. There was no fighting it or anything, I tried to move and couldnt, felt like i was paralyzed from the waist down, and you can feel every single pulse going through your body. But you know being there doing it with my friends and co workers made it worth while because they knew my pain, and i knew theirs.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

The guy with the Taser was actually smiling when he shot you,I just love it when a man enjoys his work
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The guy with the Taser was actually smiling when he shot you,I just love it when a man enjoys his work
    He is my Capt. on 2nd shift. I knew he was looking forward to this day.
    U/315
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Good times. I got tear-gassed back in my day. That was sufficient.
    Me too,well kinda,had to ride around with 2 fat Sargeants when I was a Security Policeman in the USAF we were in a single cab truck me riding center and they seemed to enjoy smelling each others expelled gases with the windows up.
    Erick46590 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    well Tyler......welcome to the club LOL, we get tased, OC, and tear gas

as Hiram said....good for you to know how it feels....but more importantly....when someone brings a taser to bear on you or gets yours in a fight you can testify/show that you are incapacitated and use of deadly force is justified

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler11B View Post
    oh it was. one probe went through my rigger's belt and stuck in my lower back and the other probe hit high on the back of my right leg below my butt. my upper body didnt feel so bad, but man my lower body was done for. There was no fighting it or anything, I tried to move and couldnt, felt like i was paralyzed from the waist down, and you can feel every single pulse going through your body. But you know being there doing it with my friends and co workers made it worth while because they knew my pain, and i knew theirs.
    yes....its quite a bonding moment
    My "scenario" was on my belly, probe poked through shirt over right shoulder, other one dropped down the back left pocket of my 5.11 pants, told to get the gun on the deck 6ft in front of me when I felt it......didn't happen. Right arm completely locked up, back and legs completely locked up, left arm/hand curled downward to my waist when I tried to low crawl to gun and it it stuck down at my side curled up looking like Fred Sanford's arthritis imitation. After the 5 seconds was over my left calf, hammy, glute, and lower back all simultaneously cramped up solid. Almost hurt as much as the tasing and had to have a couple of buddies help me stretch for a couple of minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty
    yeah....our instructor doing the 'certifying' was grinning the whole time too
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Me too,well kinda,had to ride around with 2 fat Sargeants when I was a Security Policeman in the USAF we were in a single cab truck me riding center and they seemed to enjoy smelling each others expelled gases with the windows up.
    we have some FTOs that display that with some of the new officers LOL
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links