Bet this didn't make National News

This is a discussion on Bet this didn't make National News within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Armed gunmen from Mexico cross into US Gunmen cross into Starr County fleeing soldiers in Mexico : News : ValleyCentral.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Bet this didn't make National News

Bet this didn't make National News

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Too bad it wasn't a happy story, you know the kind, where the BG's get caught in a cross fire and none survived.

The only way it will make national news, is if they can trace the guns to a US gun shop. Oh wait, they also have to be Fast and Furious walk through guns.
    baren likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

First I've seen of it.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    We does anyone still think we don't need to wall off the southern border?
    baren likes this.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I sure am glad our border security is excellent, else this would be a news story, not a made-up propaganda piece for all those racists and xenophobes in the Tea Party...

ETA: I couldn't find the sarcasm font.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

The Border is a porous battle ground,they can try to BS the rest of the country,but people that live in counties that border Mexico know how dangerous it is.This is just one incident,they pretty much chase drug runners every night,and they don't stop,if you are on the road and happen to be in the wrong place wrong time you could get involved in a really bad accident
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

VIP Member
    The Mexican border is clearly as dangerous as any other war zone.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Wow, and I thought Motown was bad/dangerous...

Ironically, there is a Mexican-town located in the D, that's probably safer than US/Mex border towns.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Maybe a few of these on the border would be helpful.

OS

http://reddogreport.com/wp-content/u...ng-Missile.jpg
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Active firefight crossing into US territory? Seems like a green light to get involved with an excessive note of finality. If the Mexican Authorities are taking issue with them, we sure as heck don't want them over here.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Walls have proven to be nothing more than a minor slow down/inconvenience. Over, through, or under.

Open season on the other hand, especially after dark....

The Feds have publicly stated that this whole drug thing supports terrorists. By that logic, anyone crossing the border outside a crossing point with carrying anything more than the clothes on their back should be considered a drug runner, thus a terrorist, and an act of war against the US, if not an invasion.

Why is it we (the US) have no problem sending Specter Gunships ac-130-spectre-44.jpg to scorch the earth at "Suspected" terrorist activity areas on the other side of the planet, but won't do a darn thing slightly south of the US border (if not on the border) where we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, bad things are a brewin'?

Find a crossing point used more than twice, close it...permanently. Make the terrain so rough and unstable (craters), and toss in a few charred unidentifiable remains, might make them re-think their route a little.

I think we are the only country on the planet that does not take illegal border crossings and smuggling very, very seriously, and hand out extremely unpleasant penalties for those caught.

My head's gonna exploded if I keep going. Gotta stop watching Border Wars as well. It's like watching American Angler. Catch and release.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

My head's gonna exploded if I keep going. Gotta stop watching Border Wars as well. It's like watching American Angler. Catch and release.
    Yeah I wanta scream when they catch people that have tried to cross Illegally 5 times and they start smiling and say I'm gonna keep trying til I succeed,I'm all for chain gangs for people caught trying to cross Illegally,Hire em out to pick crops for farmers with money going to support the prison camps,ACLU got a problem with it,then they can pick right next to them.The amount of resources we spend to try to stop them and then let them go to try again is aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    Sticks is right......a wall is only a "minor" slow down and not the answer to the border problem. I've lived and worked in that part of Starr County they're referring to.....on both sides of the border......running hunting operations and taking fishermen across the border.......I've been on the South Texas border ALL MY LIFE! These people are very determined and
    resilient! Until you make the penalties so great for those that come over, as well as and more importantly for those that hire or house them, they'll keep coming and no fence or wall will stop them. We have Thousands upon thousand of troops over seas for political
    reasons......put them on the border and get more air support and as Sticks also said, "stricter
    penalties" for those caught as well as, seen crossing. I've known several old timers who worked border patrol in the 50s & 60s and they were given 30-30s and ammo and told to "shoot on sight!" No problem in those days. I'm certainly not saying we should
    shoot on sight, but those stricter rules and punishments would certainly deter your everyday illegal coming to work or "sponge" off the American Taxpayer! As far as the drug cartels go, yes, declaring war on them is the only answer! Sorry for getting windy hear, but it just aggrevates me that our government does nothing about this problem and yet all these
    politicians have great ideas about how to secure the border....such as a wall (which is a serious waste of taxpayer dollars)..... they haven't spent the time on the border or among those living on the border and they really "don't have a
    clue!".......just more Politics! The other Republican Candidates have argued and argued with Rick Perry over building the wall......but he's 100% right.....a wall isn't the answer......he knows the Texas border!
    Secret Spuk and baren like this.
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Yep we build a multi million dollar fence system with gaps in it so farmers can get to their land on the other side,and Mexicans build a $10.00 ladder to go over the wall
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Yep we build a multi million dollar fence system with gaps in it so farmers can get to their land on the other side,and Mexicans build a $10.00 ladder to go over the wall
    You're Exactly Right!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Nothing will change until Jan 20, 2013.
    With the right person in the WH, that border could slam shut in a couple of days.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links