TSA employee brings gun to work - Page 2

TSA employee brings gun to work

This is a discussion on TSA employee brings gun to work within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; According to the police report, Valdes admitted he knew it was illegal to bring a firearm into the airport and that he just "forgot." He ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: TSA employee brings gun to work

According to the police report, Valdes admitted he knew it was illegal to bring a firearm into the airport and that he just "forgot." He also said the gun was not registered and he did not have a concealed weapons permit.

HAH!Stupid!

He should have gotten the full treatment.. "Cavity search".
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

GM
    "… he just forgot…"; I might be totally wrong, but I do not believe that.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Ummm....last I saw FL doesn't have gun registration...another media conditioning exercise with the fallacy that guns need to be registered. Too much CSI:Miami
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCityGun View Post
    Lucky you, who live in FL. It's a real PITA here in MI.
    It's not a "registration" here in Michigan, its a "Permit to purchase a handgun"... Kinda depends on what city you live in too... I'm in Ferndale, I can get one next day... Others have certain days, weeks or even months you can get one...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    [/B][/B]HAH!Stupid!

He should have gotten the full treatment.. "Cavity search".
    Oh, don't worry, he'll get that after his trial!
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

According to the police report, Valdes admitted he knew it was illegal to bring a firearm into the airport and that he just "forgot." He also said the gun was not registered and he did not have a concealed weapons permit.

I think this maroooooon is a trifecta winner!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    Well...you pay peanuts...you get monkeys.
    I think you would get elephants. I think you would only get monkeys if you paid with bananas
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Once, several years ago, I was sent on a trip to perform some emergency repairs on building fire protection equipment. A co-worker who was helping me box up the spare parts made the grave error of taping the box shut so that the parts wouldn't fall out of the box. When I got to the air port, the TSA agent started screaming at me about wanting to inspect the box. I told them, go ahead and open the box if they would like. They then proceeded to ask me if I had a knife that they could use... HUH? NO!. Then the other TSA guy said, "here use mine" and pulled out his key ring with a large, spring assisted knife, as well as a few other prohibited items. Go figure.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBachman View Post
    It's not a "registration" here in Michigan, its a "Permit to purchase a handgun"... Kinda depends on what city you live in too... I'm in Ferndale, I can get one next day... Others have certain days, weeks or even months you can get one...
    Actually, it's called a "License to Purchase" in accordance with MCL 28.422, and it only applies to non-CPL gun owners/buyers. MI CPL holders do not have to wait any time after puchasing a sidearm. The seller in MI still must fill out a (four copy) RI-060 Pistol Sales Record, whereby the purchaser has 10 days to "register" one copy with the local/county PD and another gets sent to MSP. Like I said, PITA.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Quote Originally Posted by PB2 View Post
    Based on this, although misleading, I would say the article is correct. It isn't registered. The fact that it doesn't have to be does not make it any less true.
    Yep - Sort of like if a cereal company throws a big ad on the front of a box of cheerios or something that says "Asbestos Free" it is 100% true, yet people would probably still buy it thinking it is healthier for them since all of the other cereals must have asbestos in them.
    jumpwing likes this.
    "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." -Plato

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links