Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Class Warfare the new threat?

829 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bbqgrill 
#1 ·
Should we be concerned? Is this the latest and greatest threat from inside our country that needs to be addressed?

Points of interest NOT necessarily all proven true:

• 30% of the protesters feel violence is an acceptable method of achieving their goals.
• There seems to be a lot of incoherence between the protesters in their demands.
• Their demands to tend to focus on the large divide between the very rich and the remainder of the population.
• Almost 50% of the population pays no Federal withholding income tax
• Were ALL taxed thru the cost of products we buy as they are added to the price
• The top 5% of the wage earners (income earners) pay around 40% of all Federal income taxes.
• There is little doubt that the richest people and corporations have and continue to take advantage of the population in general to support their cash flow and power desires.
• Unions have been in decline for years. Although they have (did) help level the playing fields a bit they became as corrupt as big business in some cases.
• Businesses big and small generate the jobs but smaller businesses generate more of the new jobs in our current economy.
• Can big business and the rich be targeted without damage to smaller businesses and the economy as a whole?
• Will anything change without either legal or violent actions?
• What would we change if we could? Would it really make life in the United Stated any better?
• Would change require a total rewrite of our current constitutional form of government?
• Looking around the world is there any form of government anyplace to envy and copy?

I have been a proponent of doing away with the IRS and going to strictly a Federal sales tax. My idea would be that the tax would not be added to food, clothing, or the primary home (shelter) up to a “reasonable” price of course. Thus the poor would still pay no taxes and the rest would be taxed on their spending not their earnings. Spending would include money transferred out of the country.

This of course does not resolve most, if any, of the issues Ive brought up, AND the way I currently see it going we all better be prepared to defend what is important to us, or be willing to dig in and help make changes that work for us and the United States as a whole.

See less See more
#2 ·
• 30% of the protesters feel violence is an acceptable method of achieving their goals. Citation please, true or not, depending on the goal, I suspect most people will resort to violence.
• There seems to be a lot of incoherence between the protesters in their demands. Agreed but, what do you think this implies? There is a common thread, they all want something for nothing.
• Their demands to tend to focus on the large divide between the very rich and the remainder of the population. Agreed, they want redistribution, something for nothing.
• Almost 50% of the population pays no Federal withholding income tax. OK
• We are ALL taxed thru the cost of products we buy as they are added to the price. Correct, more or less, businesses do not pay taxes they pass that cost to the consumer.
• The top 5% of the wage earners (income earners) pay around 40% of all Federal income taxes. OK
• There is little doubt that the richest people and corporations have and continue to take advantage of the population in general to support their cash flow and power desires. Unsubstantiated nonsense; how do they take advantage? Businesses produce we consume, they reinvest our economy grows. What do you think business/corporations do with their money?
• Unions have been in decline for years. Although they have (did) help level the playing fields a bit they became as corrupt as big business in some cases. OK
• Businesses big and small generate the jobs but smaller businesses generate more of the new jobs in our current economy. OK, so long as we agree that the government does not.
• Can big business and the rich be targeted without damage to smaller businesses and the economy as a whole? Not really sure what happens when the "rich" are targeted. In the case of big business the result is bad for America because the business will relocate or pass the cost to the consumer. As an aside I am working hard to be in the catagory "wealthy", I do not begrudge anyone the fruits of their labor.
• Will anything change without either legal or violent actions? Does anything ever significantly change without one of the aforementiond catalysts?
• What would we change if we could? Would it really make life in the United Stated any better? If I had a good answer I would write a book, looking for the wealth.
• Would change require a total rewrite of our current constitutional form of government? Rewrite our debt obligations to foreign entities and individuals, tell them "sorry for your loss, we are not repaying your loan".
• Looking around the world is there any form of government anyplace to envy and copy? No emphatically no!

#3 ·
Maybe this started out with good intent but the labor unions and the administration saw it as a golden opportunity to have their own grass roots platform. Clearly, there is no comparison to the highly successful Tea Party and I believe the results we’ve seen so far has actually hurt the left.

#5 ·
Sorry, I can't I did not check, I assumed this was in "Off Topic and Humor". Though, if the "Occupy" movement does become violent there will be both an LE and Homelend Security problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.