Thousands of veterans homeless while restricted VA housing for them.

This is a discussion on Thousands of veterans homeless while restricted VA housing for them. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I feel like I'm living in crazy land. Diane Feinstein and the ACLU are fighting to help our homeless veterans, while the VA would rather ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By SIXTO

Thread: Thousands of veterans homeless while restricted VA housing for them.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar

Thousands of veterans homeless while restricted VA housing for them.

I feel like I'm living in crazy land. Diane Feinstein and the ACLU are fighting to help our homeless veterans, while the VA would rather make money by leasing land and facilities that was set aside for our veterans to private businesses. Our vets deserve better than what we give them.

LA vets demand housing at giant VA campus - CNN.com
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

2. Remove Ads

It's a wonder we can get anyone to join the US Armed Forces anymore, the way they are treated in general, and in particular if they are wounded or disabled.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Administrator
    Yeah... and I walk into section slums houses and every baby momma who never did anything that didnt involve being on her back gets whatever. Sickening.
    kb2wji, hogdaddy and OldVet like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    America crapping on us has gone on for 225 years. In the Revolutionary War congress didn't want to pay once the war ended, after WW1 Macarther brought troops to D.C. SHOT AND KILLED Vets who only wanted the bonus they were promised, Vietnam and Korea America ABANDONED the POW'S and MIA's, now they are dumping the sandbox Vets on the streets.
    As a 100% disabled Vet I KNOW what they are doing to us.

I wan to know *** the VA does with the lease money it get from that property.

At a minimum, what they're getting for the leases should go directly to building and maintaining housing on the rest of the property.

Someone needs an audit, stat!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

I don't get to hung worrying about homeless VETs. The majority of homeless VETs were booted out of the military for one reason or the other. Very few homeless VETS completed their militay obligation. If you have to spend much time at the VA you will soon realize that a lot of money is spend on folks that did not live up to their end of the bargin. A lot of our tax dollars are spend on folks that slipped through the screening process for military applicants. I don't see any reason why tax payers should be responsible for some guy that did 18 months of 4 year enlistment and got booted out for drugs or mis-conduct.

If a person joined the military and did a good job while in the military it is very likely they will continue to do well once they leave military service. If they joined and were discharged as an E-1 or E-2 they did not do what was expected of them. There is no reason to think they would start doing what society expects after discharge.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Really America is crapping on the vet's? Ya right let's see you join the military get feed, clothed, housed, medical, trained, money for collage, bonuses, paid and retirement in 20 years. Granted you could end up in a war zone with people shooting at you but you know this before going in. I work for the gov, have for 20 years have 15 more to go before I can retire as it's 30 years to retirement but first you have to get on permanent. Spent 15 of my years working in the woods almost every day carrying saws, backpacks and other tools miles upon miles gave the gov 2 knees in the process plus misc other injurys. I have slept in the dirt more nights then I care to rememder, been away from home for months at a time, faced situation that make your butt pucker and mind wonder what you are doing here in the first place. Yet with all this fun I get to pay for my education, housing, medical, food, retirement and clothes just like the rest of America. I even get to compete with vets for jobs I am more qualified for but they beat me out due to veteran preference points. I used myself as an example here but there are thousands of people in my field doing the same thing and other fields of work that require just as much sacrifice.

I do appreciate what our members of our military but they are treated very well as far as I can tell.

Like some smart dude once said..."Everything is relative."
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yeah... and I walk into section slums houses and every baby momma who never did anything that didnt involve being on her back gets whatever. Sickening.
    Wow! Hard, simple truth... I like it!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by morintp View Post
    I feel like I'm living in crazy land. Diane Feinstein and the ACLU are fighting to help our homeless veterans,
    Diane Feinstein and the ACLU are pro vet?
    Not a chance. Something else is going on here.

Distinguished Member
    Diane Feinstein ? Don't put any trust in anything she is behind.

Quote Originally Posted by muddy View Post
    Really America is crapping on the vet's? Ya right let's see you join the military get feed, clothed, housed, medical, trained, money for collage, bonuses, paid and retirement in 20 years. Granted you could end up in a war zone with people shooting at you but you know this before going in. I work for the gov, have for 20 years have 15 more to go before I can retire as it's 30 years to retirement but first you have to get on permanent. Spent 15 of my years working in the woods almost every day carrying saws, backpacks and other tools miles upon miles gave the gov 2 knees in the process plus misc other injurys. I have slept in the dirt more nights then I care to rememder, been away from home for months at a time, faced situation that make your butt pucker and mind wonder what you are doing here in the first place. Yet with all this fun I get to pay for my education, housing, medical, food, retirement and clothes just like the rest of America. I even get to compete with vets for jobs I am more qualified for but they beat me out due to veteran preference points. I used myself as an example here but there are thousands of people in my field doing the same thing and other fields of work that require just as much sacrifice.

I do appreciate what our members of our military but they are treated very well as far as I can tell.
    I can vouch for this part of the comment. I reaped allot of benefit with only 4 years of service. I wouldn't have been able to get my degree if it wasn't for the GI Bill.

Links