Question regarding gun control on the streets

This is a discussion on Question regarding gun control on the streets within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering if any of our LEO members have any anecdotal information regarding how well gun control policies work, on the street. I realize ...

Thread: Question regarding gun control on the streets

VIP Member

Question regarding gun control on the streets

I was wondering if any of our LEO members have any anecdotal information regarding how well gun control policies work, on the street. I realize you have better things to do than have heart to heart conversations with the "misunderstood" individuals you have to deal with on a daily basis, but Im sure there must be things said or overheard.

Have any of you run across a BG that has indicated whether obtaining an illegal firearm is easier, more difficult, or the same as it was 5 10 15 years ago?

I am particularly interested in hearing from those in more restrictive states/cities.

It was just a curious thought I had this morning.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

Interested in this as well....
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Probably not too difficult if you know where to look ....

Eight New York police officers arrested in gun smuggling ring | Reuters
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    LOL!

As soon as I posted this thread, I saw that one and thought the same thing.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    LOL!

As soon as I posted this thread, I saw that one and thought the same thing.
    I was reading the news on another webpage and looking at your thread at the same time. I should point out that this is not a slam of cops. Eight bad ones is a very small minority of the NYPD. It was pretty ironic though.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

In my state we had a very succesful gun store owner selling "convicted felons" firearms out the back door,he would make it look legitt by doing paperwork under other customers names,it worked for several years till the ATF&E contacted a customer about a gun he "supposedly" purchased that was used in a homicide,UH-OH busted,never understood why someone would do this,found out later that this man was also taking weapons to a local trade-day doing the same thing,I personally think it's easier to get weapons now,than ever before,we see alot more now on the streets,shootings,crimes involving gun's,and NCIC is as flawed as anything we've ever had.

VIP Member
    I'm definitely not in a restricted state/city....thank goodness....
    just some things I can add
    the majority of personal robberies we have here involve knives or other improvised weapons rather than guns

Some of the dirtbags, er....I mean suspects that I've talked to, they say its just as well for them to use a knife or other object to scare/intimidate someone into complying, they don't have to have a gun (that definitely takes a jab at the gun control theory for reducing crime), they know about gun crime enhancements, and our unlawful carrying of weapon laws (carrying handgun on person without CHL), they know they can have a legal knife and use it and not get a weapon charge, enhancement, or they can get rid of it easier. It was very interesting to hear this from them.

They've also said they don't buy guns at stores (DUH!!!!) and they'll buy one from another dirtbag, er...I mean criminal on the street OR they will steal it from a house/car.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Links