Border agent sent to prison for "violating rights" of drug smuggler.

This is a discussion on Border agent sent to prison for "violating rights" of drug smuggler. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Intersting how a drug runner and illegal alien have "rights",that the Justice Department are so willing to protect. But the Boarder Patrol Agent and ICE ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Border agent sent to prison for "violating rights" of drug smuggler.

  1. #16
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,075
    Intersting how a drug runner and illegal alien have "rights",that the Justice Department are so willing to protect. But the Boarder Patrol Agent and ICE Agents have no "rights" when killed in the line of duty with weapons the JD allowed to be smuggled out of the country.
    Guest1 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

    USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #17
    OD*
    OD* is offline
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,594
    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Excuse me, but you are totally wrong; there are no illegal immigrants in the country, only undocumented immigrants.
    Also known as undocumented Democrats.
    Guest1 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  4. #18
    VIP Member
    Array oneshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    +42.893612,-082.710236 , Mi.
    Posts
    7,866
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    This kinda stuff makes my blood boil. Since when does the US Constitution provide protections for a non-US person? Let alone a person who is in the act of performing an illegal activity. This is the kind of things that make our LEOs afraid to do their freakin jobs... which, of course, leads to a safer place for those of us who are US persons. And unbelievable they gave him immunity so he could testify against the agent.

    OpJ




    ^^^^^^^^^^This is how Socialist Twits subvert the U.S. Constitution^^^^^^^^



    They{ the socialist chumps} will do it everytime Ignorant Buffons{people who put them into office} give them the opportunity ,Thereby watering it down, and essentially rendering it a useless document, and subsequently giving them the excuse to try to throw it out.

    Kinda ticks me off.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

    Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array Hiram25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wyoming, DE
    Posts
    10,940
    I sure hope they are appealing this sentence! Resist arrest and you are bound to get a few bruises. We might just as well remove all restraints on the border and let Mexico and the drug cartels take us over, oh, but that is what we're already doing!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

  6. #20
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    This kinda stuff makes my blood boil. Since when does the US Constitution provide protections for a non-US person? L

    OpJ
    Only commenting on the part I put in bold-----the answer is forever. The rights enumerated in our constitution apply to persons; not to citizens.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  7. #21
    Member Array OperatorJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Only commenting on the part I put in bold-----the answer is forever. The rights enumerated in our constitution apply to persons; not to citizens.
    I disagree. The first seven words of the USCON are: "We the people of the United States...". People of the US means the citizens of the US. I you are a citizen of Italy, you are not a person of the US. And under this logic, the rules, rights, etc would apply to anyone living, in any country! So rejoice Iraqis, you too have the freedom of speech and the right to bear arms! No. The USCON is by the people and for the people, of these United States.


    OpJ

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sd976 and oneshot like this.

  8. #22
    Member Array OperatorJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^This is how Socialist Twits subvert the U.S. Constitution^^^^^^^^



    They{ the socialist chumps} will do it everytime Ignorant Buffons{people who put them into office} give them the opportunity ,Thereby watering it down, and essentially rendering it a useless document, and subsequently giving them the excuse to try to throw it out.

    Kinda ticks me off.
    You, my friend, hit the nail squarely on the head.


    OpJ

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sd976 likes this.

  9. #23
    Member Array CaptSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington /San Juan's
    Posts
    350
    No Justice, no peace, that Border Patrol Agent is doing time for the lying crooks in our Justice Department, an obvious political prosecution...truth has left the building in the run-up to the collapse/insurrection of Mexico...He'd probibly still be working, but for bloody fastn Furious...

  10. #24
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    And unbelievable they gave him immunity so he could testify against the agent.

    OpJ
    Ha! Not only did they give him immunity, they gave him a freakin U.S. VISA too! And not the credit card type either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  11. #25
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    I disagree. The first seven words of the USCON are: "We the people of the United States...". People of the US means the citizens of the US. I you are a citizen of Italy, you are not a person of the US. And under this logic, the rules, rights, etc would apply to anyone living, in any country! So rejoice Iraqis, you too have the freedom of speech and the right to bear arms! No. The USCON is by the people and for the people, of these United States.


    OpJ

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hate to break it to you, you have a severe misunderstanding of the issue. Every person present in the US has the same basic rights: e.g., freedom of speech, of religion, and we can go on down the BOR. There are some squiggles carved out on gun ownership; but otherwise foreign nationals here have the same basic rights as everyone else when for example they are accused of crimes;
    have the same right to be free from unreasonable searches; the same right to decline to testify against themselves. The BOR speaks repeatedly of persons and not of citizens. That is not accident.


    From-- http://www.usconstitution.net/constt...tmlCitizenship.

    "Citizenship is mentioned in Article 1, Section 2, Article 1, Section 3, Article 1, Section 8, Article 2, Section 1, and in the 14th Amendment and several subsequent amendments."

    This is what Article 1 Section 2 deals with: "No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United State"

    This is what Article 1 Section 3 deals with: "No person shall be a Senator who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty Years, and been nine Years a Citizen of the United States,"

    This is what Article 1 Section 8 deals with regarding citizenship: "To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization,"

    Here's what Article 2 Section 1 says: "No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President;"

    Here is the text of the first part of the 14th. I put one key feature in bold.

    "1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."


    There is nothing in the constitution (and a couple of centuries of jurisprudence) to support your misunderstanding.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  12. #26
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    I don't think they have the right to a free Visa!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  13. #27
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I don't think they have the right to a free Visa!
    They have to pay for the debit card transaction just like all us poor citizens.

    Seriously, it isn't even clear from the constitution's text that suffrage is limited to citizens; though I suppose there is lots of jurisprudence on that issue. Foreign nationals here not only enjoy our rights, but they have been conscripted involuntarily. They may sue and they may be sued. They may be arrested, and they are entitled to a defense.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

  14. #28
    mel
    mel is offline
    Member Array mel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    254
    There is equal protection to all under the Constitution of the United States. However, the people that are in the position of power are in direct violation of their oath's to protect and defend this country. What recourse is there for the people of the United States that have been the victims of their governments failure to protect them?

    I don't know the entire details of the case of the BPA, but from a first glance it stinks. There were no issues until the Mexican consulate wrote a letter. So now, not only does our head of state bow to foreign leaders, they bow down to a third world country that sends its people up here to bankrupt our government through manipulation of the welfare system.

    I'll step off my soapbox now, and finish with this. People that are hired to do a job, and then have to worry about every action they take exposes them to potential jail time, aren't going to do their jobs to the best of their abiliities.

  15. #29
    Member Array SigHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Natural State
    Posts
    156
    After the guy received his immunity, he THEN admitted that the drugs were his, where as he was denying it before. Listen to the radio interview with the agent's wife for some more infuriating details.

    Wife of Agent Convicted of "Violating Rights" of Drug Smuggler Speaks Out - Katie Pavlich
    SigPro 2340
    Bersa Thunder Plus .380

  16. #30
    VIP Member
    Array Hopyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Disappeared
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    There is equal protection to all under the Constitution of the United States. However, the people that are in the position of power are in direct violation of their oath's to protect and defend this country. What recourse is there for the people of the United States that have been the victims of their governments failure to protect them?

    I don't know the entire details of the case of the BPA, but from a first glance it stinks. There were no issues until the Mexican consulate wrote a letter. So now, not only does our head of state bow to foreign leaders, they bow down to a third world country that sends its people up here to bankrupt our government through manipulation of the welfare system.

    I'll step off my soapbox now, and finish with this. People that are hired to do a job, and then have to worry about every action they take exposes them to potential jail time, aren't going to do their jobs to the best of their abiliities.
    Your question which I put in bold is usually answered with "the ballot." When that doesn't work, you get things like the Tea Party Movement and Occupy Wall Street. The recourse beyond the ballot is the right to assemble and peacefully protest.

    That said, there are assumptions in your post which may not be valid. Comments that the people are victims of a government that fails to protect them may or may not be valid and are certainly open to lots of discussion and dispute. The comment could be turned just as well to economic matters-- what recourse do the people have when government fails to protect them from cartels?

    As for the last part of post 28, there is a famous saying from a Gilbert and Sullivan Operetta--- "A policeman's lot is not a happy one." The problem mentioned in the last sentence of post 28 applies to all
    actions by all police officers; not just the border. Their use of force is ALWAYS questioned and examined after the fact. It goes with the job. No one is forced to take that job.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

border agent sent to p

Click on a term to search for related topics.