Occupy Wallstreet...Could this be a threat?

This is a discussion on Occupy Wallstreet...Could this be a threat? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So Occupy Oakland has disrupted operations in the 4th largest port in the US. Up untill hearing about this I didn't really take this 99% ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Occupy Wallstreet...Could this be a threat?

So Occupy Oakland has disrupted operations in the 4th largest port in the US. Up untill hearing about this I didn't really take this 99% movement too seriously, I mean who cares that a bunch of lowlifes want money for nothing?

On the other hand with facebook and twitter organization, we are starting to see large groups of people congregating in practically all of our major cities. Is it feasonable that after a couple of weeks of sitting around yelling and sleeping in tents someones gonna get the bright idea to storm a bank building or a wallstreet building? You know how mobs are (these people are not exactly the brightest crayons anyway) one starts it and Many will follow. So then a building gets trashed or worse, burned down, then financial institutions start getting disrupted and the market gets unstable...what then?

Of coarse or liberal based media is fanning the fire, but what happens when the mob mentality takes over and people start acting like real fools? Could we see the beginning of local coups?
    Occupy Oakland protesters shut port - US news - Life - msnbc.com

Shut down our shipping,trains,ships,trucking,thats bad news.Hope everyone is gassed up,and got good supply of groceries and personal supplies.
    RTTR84 likes this.

I like Glockrocker's idea. A good stash of food and water never hurt. Here in FL, everyone should have that with all of the hurricanes we get. Being prepared means not having to fight for the left over scraps and bare shelves.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    Carry: Sig P238
    Home: Stoeger Couger 8000F 9mm

yeah I feel ya, in houston we have a supply of just about everything we need to bug out or survive for a bit...one problem, though, I am currently out of the country. I'll be back in another week and a couple of days though.

I don't usually quote the media,for obvious reasons,but Fox News say's that the Unions are backing some of these OWS people,if thats true,they have a very sustainable monetary flow to keep this up awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    I don't usually quote the media,for obvious reasons,but Fox News say's that the Unions are backing some of these OWS people,if thats true,they have a very sustainable monetary flow to keep this up awhile.
    Backing them up doesn't mean they are giving them money. If Shtf I can go ~4 mo before I starve. Most ppl should be prepared anyway??? I like in the City usually City ppl are less prepared then ppl who live on property.

The way it has caught on and spread could be the beginnings of some major civil unrest such as we have seen in other parts of the world. Not surprising. Prepare for some rocky times ahead and hope for the best.

Don't want this to turn into something its not,so that it want get removed,but why???????? else would the unions back them????????!!!!!!!!!!,not to give them money to sustain them,to drag this out,can't do it without some sort of "Fundage Dude"!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironmike86 View Post
    Backing them up doesn't mean they are giving them money. If Shtf I can go ~4 mo before I starve. Most ppl should be prepared anyway??? I like in the City usually City ppl are less prepared then ppl who live on property.

Because you don't need to give $$ to back them.Why do you automaticly think they do?

Administrator
    If occupy Wall street becomes occupy Walmart, we'll have problems. Although I question the intellect of the average protester, the man behind the curtain knows what he is doing.
    "Just blame Sixto"

All it will take to turn the occupy events into a major America changing event is one really bad indecent cough by the media and ignite the fire of racism or rebellion or both.

I think the LE is wise to move against the camps in the late night to keep the media attention down some what.

JMHO-YMMV
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    Much ado about nothing. I am always amazed at the many who come here to post in a fearful fashion about impending catastrophes based on minor events.

People are rightfully dang angry about lots of things. No one from any portion of the political spectrum can with honesty say they think things are going great these days. We all differ on what steps and solutions might work, and we need to argue it all out; demonstrations are perfectly legitimate ways to do that per our right to peacefully assemble and petition for redress.

Keep in mind that at any given moment only a tiny number of people are involved in either OWS or Tea Party activities; or in partisan politics. Most of us just get up and go to school, go to work, or look for work, take care of our families and make the best choices we can come election day.

Our big problem to be candid is a political system not well geared for the fast paced 21st century technological society we live it. One of these days it will need a major overhaul to something more akin to a parliamentary system. Meanwhile, we have to make do with what it is. And demonstrating is part of what it is and how it works--- and was envisioned in our constitution.
    Last edited by Hopyard; November 3rd, 2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: fixed one spelling error
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    If occupy Wallstreet becomes occupy Walmart, we'll have problems. Although I question the intellect of the average protester, the man behind the curtain knows what he is doing.
    I think 1 Oakland style riot can ignite riots in every major city via facebook or twitter...then we got problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Much ado about nothing. I am always amazed at the many who come here to post in a fearful fashion about impending catastrophes based on minor events.

People are rightfully dang angry about lots of things. No one from any portion of the political spectrum can with honesty say they think things are going great these days. We all differ on what steps and solutions might work, and we need to argue it all out; demonstrations are perfectly legitimate ways to do that per our right to peacefully assemble and petition for redress.

Keep in mind that at any given moment only a tiny number of people are involved in either OWS or Tea Party activities; or in partisan politics. Most of us just get up and go to school, go to work, or look for work, take care of our families and make the best choices we can come election day.

Our big problem to be candid is a political system not well geared for the fast pasted 21st century technological society we live it. One of these days it will need a major overhaul to something more akin to a parliamentary system. Meanwhile, we have to make do with what it is. And demonstrating is part of what it is and how it works--- and was envisioned in our constitution.
    Hop for everyones sake I hope your right...I don't know the answer so I posted it here for food for thought. I think that we live in a world with pretty great tension with current events, though.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I disagree with pretty much everything they stand for, but you bet your a** I support their right to stand for it.
    Guest1, Ishmael, rolyat63 and 2 others like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links