Crown Vics

This is a discussion on Crown Vics within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I got behind the wheel of my Agency's crown vic today........WHOA!!!!! I LOVED IT!!! Nothing more, just had a blast that is all....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Crown Vics

Crown Vics

So I got behind the wheel of my Agency's crown vic today........WHOA!!!!! I LOVED IT!!!

Nothing more, just had a blast that is all.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

2. Remove Ads

Enjoy it... it's a dying breed. No more rear-wheel drive Ford cop cars.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Yeah, what a stupid decision on Ford's part. They are replacing the rear drive Crown with a front drive Taurus turbo V-6. I say 60,000 miles of hard agency duty and they will be ready for the scrap pile. No one has made a front drive platform that can outlast a Crown Vic.

Dodge has already taken some market share away from Ford in the LE circle with the rear drive Hemi Charger. They are faster and brake in shorter distances than the heavier Crown can.

Chevy has a pretty hot contender entering the police ranks. It is the new rear drive Caprice with a 6.0 liter engine. From the pictures I have seen of them, they look like a slightly stretched Pontiac G8. Sadly, the rear drive Caprice won't be sold in civilian trim until a couple of more years.

I'm still partial to the 440 Plymouth they gave me when active. What a ride.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    The new FWD Ford will do fine for duty use.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Several CVs has gone up in kabooms when struck from behind here in FL. Unfortunately, they took a couple of troopers with them. That is one reason for their demise, as well as folks no longer are buying the big tanks. Ford can't afford to produce a vehicle solely for LEO use.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Cool

The Crown Vic has been a staple of LE and the commercial fleet for many years.

I still drive a 1999 Crown Vic as my POV and will until the wheels fall off.

My wife and I sold the boat so we are trading in the Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and have a 2012 Charger on order from the dealer.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/09/c...-charger-srt8/

Guess I have to keep up with the times even in retirement.

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    The Crown Vic has been a staple of LE and the commercial fleet for many years.

I still drive a 1999 Crown Vic as my POV and will until the wheels fall off.

My wife and I sold the boat so we are trading in the Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and have a 2012 Charger on order from the dealer.

Chicago 2011: 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8

Guess I have to keep up with the times even in retirement.

OS
    Those Chargers are bad to the bone. Whec is not responsible enough to own one. They'd throw me under the jail.
    RevolvingMag likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Those Chargers are bad to the bone. Whec is not responsible enough to own one. They'd throw me under the jail.
    Chargers are nice, but I like the Challengers better.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

In New York City recently, I have noticed that the NYPD is now using many Nissan Altimas and Ford Fusions on street patrol. Granted that chases in NYC are different, but it was a shock for this Brooklyn boy to see when I remember the V8 Plymouths, Fords and Chevy's they used to use

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    In New York City recently, I have noticed that the NYPD is now using many Nissan Altimas and Ford Fusions on street patrol. Granted that chases in NYC are different, but it was a shock for this Brooklyn boy to see when I remember the V8 Plymouths, Fords and Chevy's they used to use
    I guess an Alitima or Fusion is going to sit in traffic just as good as a Vic.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I'm still partial to the 440 Plymouth they gave me when active. What a ride.
    Had one as a civilian that had been picked up at a highway patrol auction. Best I could get was about eight miles to the gallon and every time it needed parts they were "police special order" from the dealer, but you could sure embarrass a lot of so-called muscle cars with that four door sedan.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Awww c'mon... I know what you really want....

2652554282_ede5a14e8a.jpg
    pistola and RevolvingMag like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Awww c'mon... I know what you really want....

2652554282_ede5a14e8a.jpg
    Heck Yeah!
    "Just blame Sixto"

Still have pictures somewhere of my father standing proudly next to his patrol car. A brand new black 1954 ford. Bubblegum light on top. Still think that was the coolest car I've ever seen.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links