okay, some don't have a problem...

This is a discussion on okay, some don't have a problem... within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; with TSA doing random searches of vehicles on the interstate... How about if the FEEBs or any other acronymic agency decides to put a GPS ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: okay, some don't have a problem...

with TSA doing random searches of vehicles on the interstate...

How about if the FEEBs or any other acronymic agency decides to put a GPS unit on your car and track your every move, without a warrant? SCOTUS is gonna look at it apparently...

Here's the story: It's liberal mainstrem media btw, not some conspiracy rag...

MSNBC Story
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    I'm afraid the day is coming when all cars will have a GPS installed that can be activated by authorities at their whim. Most all cars already have a tattletale device that records the last few min of it's operation. This can be accessed by authorities or insurance companies after an accident. Big brother is watching and will be watching more in our future.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

I'm going off the grid when I retire. :)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    I'm afraid the day is coming when all cars will have a GPS installed that can be activated by authorities at their whim. Most all cars already have a tattletale device that records the last few min of it's operation. This can be accessed by authorities or insurance companies after an accident. Big brother is watching and will be watching more in our future.
    This gentleman paid for the device in his car that the government used as evidence against him.
    Your Car May Know If A Crash Is Your Fault : NPR
    States vary in terms of whether they allow EDR data to be subpoenaed in court. Last month, a Florida appellate court threw out a claim made by the defendant in a vehicular manslaughter case that he should have been able to block police from examining his vehicle's EDR data.

"There were two fatalities, and the data was greatly helpful in convicting him," Arbelaez says. "Privacy will always be a concern and, for a long time to come, will be used as an argument. On public roads, I believe that the argument should be that some of that data can be used."
    Michael
    Last edited by mlr1m; November 9th, 2011 at 12:39 AM. Reason: I made an oopsie

Maybe they should have implanted something in the guns in Fast & Furious, so they knew where those all really went.

Or implant some into all illegal immigrants. LOL.
    Bullet1234 and Guest1 like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

People are so indoctrinated into being watched and tracked now.....cookies on computers, cameras in stores, at traffic lights, banks, store shopping cards that track purchases, etc. I doubt if gps units in vehicles will stir up much of a public uproar.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    People are so indoctrinated into being watched and tracked now.....cookies on computers, cameras in stores, at traffic lights, banks, store shopping cards that track purchases, etc. I doubt if gps units in vehicles will stir up much of a public uproar.
    In my state, and I imagine in others, it is a criminal offense to wear a mask, hoodie, or other item for the explicit purpose of concealing your identity. I am sure a lot of this goes back to the KKK days, but it takes on a decidedly dark twist in the modern era. We are watching you and you are forbidden from trying to prevent us. Resistance is futile.
    oakchas and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    In my state, and I imagine in others, it is a criminal offense to wear a mask, hoodie, or other item for the explicit purpose of concealing your identity. I am sure a lot of this goes back to the KKK days, but it takes on a decidedly dark twist in the modern era. We are watching you and you are forbidden from trying to prevent us. Resistance is futile.
    And yet, in spite of all this supposed government "watching" a creep named Phillip Garrido managed to kidnap an eleven year old girl and keep her imprisoned in his backyard in Antioch, California for eighteen years. Nobody saw anything. Not the neighbors. Not the guy who read the light and water meter. Not the postman. Nobody.

Makes you wonder what they are watching.
    Bullet1234, Hopyard and oneshot like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Makes you wonder what they are watching.

Sorry...just had to...

I'm in complete agreement that governmental intrusion into citizen's lives has gone waaaaay beyond reasonable, and with the daily "conditioning" of the media will only continue until they (the State) has cameras and microphones in our very homes "for our own safety and wellbeing and the ability to respond to an emergency in a timely and efficient manner" and yes, a certain, much larger than it should be, portion of the people will happily let them in to install the cameras....no doubt steady the ladder for them as they do it.

The infrastructure is being put into place right now, Soon, all that will be left will be to tie it all together.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

VIP Member
    I think if you choose to buy a car that tracks your movements then the Government should be able to use your stupidity against you in court if you commit a crime while using that vehicle. There are tens of thousands of cars out there that don't have "Big Brother" along for the ride. Nobody is forcing you to become dependent on GPS or OnStar. My GPS is a road atlas.
    Last edited by atctimmy; November 9th, 2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spell check fail
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

You are aware, I hope, that most all of you can be tracked to withing 30 yards of your location at any time thru your cell phone!! Often by ANYBODY with just a little skill and your phone # not just the authorities
    mr.stuart and Bullet1234 like this.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

And people complain about privacy,but have no problem posting every minute of their day on facebook,twitter.................
    shooterX, atctimmy and Bullet1234 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    And people complain about privacy,but have no problem posting every minute of their day on facebook,twitter.................
    Yup BUT were ALL watching you. Be good LOL

Distinguished Member Array Lotus222's Avatar
    Well, I ditched my FB account because I couldn't stand the direction it has taken. However, google probably knows anything and everything that I do on a daily basis. Since this is an internet forum, I can probably say the same to everyone here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Well, I ditched my FB account because I couldn't stand the direction it has taken. However, google probably knows anything and everything that I do on a daily basis. Since this is an internet forum, I can probably say the same to everyone here, too.
    Any bets on who/if were being occasionally watched/monitored by somebody from ATF, Home Land Security, etc? Privacy is a thing of the past.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links