Bad cop

This is a discussion on Bad cop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It might be a good thing that he wasn't carrying a legally concealed weapon,or it coulda gone a lot worse,I'm not an LEO basher,there are ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad cop

It might be a good thing that he wasn't carrying a legally concealed weapon,or it coulda gone a lot worse,I'm not an LEO basher,there are outstanding LEO's and there are a few that should probably have chosen a different career path.With todays electronics everywhere in the heat of the moment,they tend to forget they work in a glass office.
    The problem with dash cams is even though they can record a scene,their view is limited and may not show something the Officer sees out of view or something the Citisen might have said.
    I remember years ago my little brother was arrested for Public Intoxication and resisting arrest,to hear his side you woulda thunk the big bad Police arrested him for no reason,then I read the arrest report and talked to his friends,dipstick was riding home in a car being driven by a drunk driver,cops stopped the car and got everybody out,everybody was incombobulated to the max,Cops tell dipstick place your hands on the car,dipstick says "blank you" I ain't done nothing wrong I'm going home,and he took off running,he made it about 10 feet before he met the ground with a 200 pound cop on top of him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    This thread is under the Law inforcement and military and homeland security forum. the charges were obstructing justice no other broken laws mentioned, he also doesnt have any priors {whec} Im by far not a liberal or against law inforcment so you can stop jumping to conclusions if I were included in your statement, (sixto ) erase it if you want, funny you dont mind to comment on this thread at first then when someone doesnt agree with your point of view you want to make threats, there are alot of threads posted that have nothing to do with guns defensive carry or gun rights one of the biggest threads on here is word association, what gives?
    That is a moot point, you posted this in the Law Enforcement and Military forum, which has this:
    Forum: Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    This is the place to discuss law enforcement, terrorism, the war in Iraq & Afghanistan, foreign and domestic security and the protection of our borders. This is not the place to bash police officers, which is *not* tolerated on this forum
    The emphasis on both is mine. Word association is in Off Topic and Humor, where pretty much anything family friendly can go. Bear in mind, I'm not a mod or admin, I just hang out here a fair bit.

Your buddy's immediate reaction of "Why, what did I do wrong?" certainly did not help him get off on the right foot with the officer. The side of the road is not the place to get into a debate with a police officer. If your buddy is in the right, then it will get straightened out in the courts.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    Let me clarify; this is the LE and military section of our forum. Asking questions like you originally did is OK, but the main focus is how it relates to guns, carry and gun rights. So the minute it goes south, it will be axed. Your story is a third party one, that contains no verifiable fact, so its really a pointless debate. The only thing anybody can do is speculate and offer baseless theory. I have no time or patience for those who want to play games when they have not even bothered to educate themselves on the very basics of American civics. I also have no patience for those who will jump to conclusions or assume my opinion on matters based on a stereotype. And no, you did not strike a nerve... long time members will tell you that when you strike my nerve or otherwise tick me off, you will not need to ask if you did so.
    The other threads you mentioned are if the off topic section. If it were up to me, the word association thread would have been closed a long time ago, as its a waste of bandwidth. But, plenty of members seem to enjoy it, so it stays.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I read the charges and they stated my buddy was verbally combative, thats it nothing said he was ever physical with the officer.and followed protical to a "T" other than asking why and rasing his hip to help the LEO get his cell phone, I think what we have is a bad cop on a power trip and I hope like hell he loses his job over it, he swore to protect and serve, citizens also have rights and Im 100 % sure they were violated

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    I read the charges and they stated my buddy was verbally combative, thats it nothing said he was ever physical with the officer.and followed protical to a "T" other than asking why and rasing his hip to help the LEO get his cell phone, I think what we have is a bad cop on a power trip and I hope like hell he loses his job over it, he swore to protect and serve, citizens also have rights and Im 100 % sure they were violated

I dont disagree with anything you have said, but it does cast a huge shadow of doubt when things are posted like "he didn't even read my buddy his rights" I really don't mean to be picking on you, but when a citizen doesn't really know and understand what their rights are and are not, how will you know when they have been violated? To many just squeal when something happens they don't like about their rights being violated, when in fact, they were not. Most times, the whole situation would have been avoided had they had a solid education on the matter in the first place.
    Again my point isn't to bash or make fun; its simply to point out that education in these matters are of uber importance to us all, especially with up coming events that will make up our history.
    "Just blame Sixto"

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    BbqGrill & Shawn; No offense intended.

Given that I'm not a LEO, I think that gives me a little cred in that I have nothing to be defensive about. This is just one of those situations that tends to polarize responses into a heated debate over a situation where we do not have access to all of the necessary facts to make a judgement call. At the end of the thread, nothing is determined, a few members get infractions, and then the thread is locked.

I'm not a moderator, so I suppose that I need not care. I guess I was just feeling chatty.
    No problem, here, I just have to make sure I keep myself in check.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

As a LEO, there's no room for behavior like that from any officer. Sadly, it happens. Worse, it goes unpunished. If the facts are what we've heard, I can only say that the officer shouldn't be in uniform. Hope your buddy has a good lawyer and doesn't back down to intimidation tactics but follows this all the way through.
    Hopyard, bolocanolo and mook012 like this.

I think it's time for a Beer Summit.
    Eagleks likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think it's time for a Beer Summit.
    More like colt 45 and a dime bag summit.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Your buddy shouldve just licked the officers boots like he is expected to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Your buddy shouldve just licked the officers boots like he is expected to do.
    If that is the best answer you can come up with, plenty boot and window licking are in your future.

Administrator
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    If that is the best answer you can come up with, plenty boot and window licking are in your future.

You obviously cant detect sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    You obviously cant detect sarcasm.
    Yes I can. I function check my detector every morning. I think maybe you have trouble with metonymy.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    As a LEO, there's no room for behavior like that from any officer. Sadly, it happens. Worse, it goes unpunished. If the facts are what we've heard, I can only say that the officer shouldn't be in uniform. Hope your buddy has a good lawyer and doesn't back down to intimidation tactics but follows this all the way through.
    DING..DING..DING= The CORRECT Answer!!. Thank You!!!!.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links