Bad cop

This is a discussion on Bad cop within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So last night around around 7pm a good friend of mine ( a well educated professional 45 yr old male) was taking his daughter to ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Bad cop

Bad cop

So last night around around 7pm a good friend of mine ( a well educated professional 45 yr old male) was taking his daughter to a friends house to pick up some items she had left the night before,My buddy is parked in the street in a rural residential area( very low crime area) its a two way street with out any lines, hes waiting on the other childs father to come move his car so my buddy can park when a police officer pulls up and turn on his blue lights, the officer approaches my buddy and say lic. reg. ect so my buddy asks why what did i do wrong as he leans over to get his wallet out of his pocket the office jerks the car door open draws his tazer and commands him to exit the vehicle which my buddy does,then the officer tells him to face the car place his hands on the car and drop to his knees again my buddy complies with out saying a word, the officer handcuffs his and lays him on his chest in the street,the officer asks if he has any weapons drugs ect and my buddy says no and can you please tell me why im being treated like this and the officer still doesnt answer him. The officers starts to pat him down and my buddy say all I have in my pocket is a cell phone its in my left front pocket as ther officer reaches in to get it my buddy raises his hip to allow the officer room to retrieve it at this time the officer raised up and kicks my buddy in the kidney and tells him to stop resisting long story short hes arrested and I post bail as im waiting to post bail I asked another officer about the incident and he says," if a person resists its go time we can do anything we want until they quit moving" "So I told the officer this way of thinking will get innocent ppl killed" he just smiled and walked off so anyway I posted bail and take lots of pics of my buddy with a boot print on his shirt and a lg brusie on his back. All of this happend in front of his daughter and another 14 yr old girl and her dad. Lawyer being contacted today. p.s. no rights were ever read to him. opinions please?

2. Remove Ads

It sounds like there is more to the story. Get the dash cam video.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

I told my buddy last night to be sure and get that video,I spoke to the other father last night when I dropped my buddy off at his car and he tells the same story word for word.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    It sounds like there is more to the story. Get the dash cam video.

Yes. And rights do not have to be read to him simply because he is arrested. That is TV folklore.
    Guest1 and Secret Spuk like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Yes. And rights do not have to be read to him simply because he is arrested. That is TV folklore.
    There is more to the story. We don't know what. One possibility is an out of control aggressive bully of an officer. It happens Sixto, even if you don't like to acknowledge it.

Rural residential setting, kids around, what could the guy have done to precipitate such bad treatment? NOTHING. Maybe he mouthed off and set someone's temper off. That's no excuse for kicking someone in the kidney. [We have a statute which allows force to be used against an officer if the officer is using force beyond what is needed to effect an arrest. Of course no one ever actually gets away with testing that law. But at least our legislature acknowledges these things happen.]

Note the charge wasn't drunk driving. He wasn't arrested for existing warrants. Nothing has been said about a traffic ticket being issued. The arrested person is not a young kid probably doing stupid stuff. He is a 45 y.o. and there were kids around.

It all followed an "inevitable course" layed out by the officer and leading to a resisting arrest charge precipitated by the aggressive violent and it seems unreasonable behavior of the officer. Happens.

The dash cam may or may not help, but the OP's friend does have witnesses and that should count for something.

I think this is what it sounds like on the surface; bad cop.

Meanwhile the man involved needs competent legal counsel, but that is sort of obvious as there is a charge against him.

From the story alone he should attempt to get charges against the officer.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    It happens Sixto, even if you don't like to acknowledge it.
    What are you rambling about?

In fact, what does this entire thread have to do with guns, defensive carry or gun rights? Somebody best tie it in quick or I'm getting rid of it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Here we go again. Liberals and LEO-haters line up against conservatives and LEO's.

And the point is.... ?

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    OK, I am not from Missouri but call me dubious; what were the charges? I am not involved in LE nor am I a lawyer but I have been under the impression that there has to be charges before bail can be set. My only experience on the subject is that I have, on a few occasions, posted bail for employees; where, I always found out why they were jailed in the first place.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Here we go again. Liberals and LEO-haters line up against conservatives and LEO's.

And the point is.... ?

Whoa there I am very conservative but, I really can not support much [edit] .... nevermind, I'll just get in trouble
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

This thread is under the Law inforcement and military and homeland security forum. the charges were obstructing justice no other broken laws mentioned, he also doesnt have any priors {whec} Im by far not a liberal or against law inforcment so you can stop jumping to conclusions if I were included in your statement, (sixto ) erase it if you want, funny you dont mind to comment on this thread at first then when someone doesnt agree with your point of view you want to make threats, there are alot of threads posted that have nothing to do with guns defensive carry or gun rights one of the biggest threads on here is word association, what gives?

So his only charge was obstructing justice? What was the original stop for? What was the probable cause for the encounter?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    What gives is I never said anything contrary to the possibility that the cop just wanted to kick your friends ass. I simply agreed that there is most likely more to the story. This forum is to discuss LE issues or ask honest and legit question about LE or military, specifically how it relates to gun issues; not to bash or play games. And what conclusions did I jump to? What threats have I made? Get real or get gone.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    BbqGrill & Shawn; No offense intended.

Given that I'm not a LEO, I think that gives me a little cred in that I have nothing to be defensive about. This is just one of those situations that tends to polarize responses into a heated debate over a situation where we do not have access to all of the necessary facts to make a judgement call. At the end of the thread, nothing is determined, a few members get infractions, and then the thread is locked.

I'm not a moderator, so I suppose that I need not care. I guess I was just feeling chatty.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Rural residential setting, kids around, what could the guy have done to precipitate such bad treatment? NOTHING.
    I hope this is rhetorical. I can think of a LOT of things someone could do in such a setting to facilitate such treatment, but then again I have a very active imagination.

I'm waiting for the rest of the story. This is being told third person by a friend. Of course the OP believes his friend but I don't know him or his friend. I have every right to be skeptical of everyone until more evidence comes out. And so I will reserve judgment... for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn89 View Post
    (sixto ) erase it if you want, funny you dont mind to comment on this thread at first then when someone doesnt agree with your point of view you want to make threats
    I'm curious as to what POV that Sixto expressed that was so controversial. His only comment was as follows....

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It's just a simple fact.

Let's all calm down or Sixto will have to beat me to "Close Thread" button.

sixto: I came on here to ask a simple question of other LEO's and to vent, conclusion jumping wasnt aimed at you. Didnt realize every post had to involve gun use ect. since there are posts like word association, women on subs, prayer for so and so ect. I didnt intend to start a argument by posting a event that happened last night, did this post strike a nerve with you? you seem defensive? @Buckeye your asking the question my buddy asked just before he was arrested, he still doesnt know why he was even approached he wasnt blocking the road or causing a seen he simpley pulled up and stopped he had called the other dad and let him know he was on his street and would arrive in a few minutes and as my buddy stopped the other dad was walking out the door before he could open his car door my buddy was being arrested. A lawyer has been hired already and he is in the process of filing a complaint agaist the arresting officer as we speak

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links