Thank You to LEOs

Thank You to LEOs

This is a discussion on Thank You to LEOs within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I saw 3 local LEOs in our cafeteria at work Friday morning. I introduced myself to them and told them that I have the utmost ...

Thread: Thank You to LEOs

Thank You to LEOs

I saw 3 local LEOs in our cafeteria at work Friday morning. I introduced myself to them and told them that I have the utmost respect for LEOs and appreciate what they do for us every day. They seemed very surprised and appreciative. I told the cashier to take good care of them because they take good care of us.

I don't think people appreciate LEOs and the risks they take and what their families go through, and people certainly don't express their appreciation enough. In my 14 years of being on the Board of Directors for our EMS agency, I've started going out of my way to thank public safety personnel, military, and especially Veterans. I've met some really great people doing this.

To all LEOs, EMS, Fire, Rescue, Military, and Veterans here on DC..."Thank You" for your service.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I agree and try to remember to let LEOs know they are appreciated. Like you I usually get the impression they are surprised by the compliments. We are usually very overt with our compliments to the military in uniform. Not enough for those fighting the war here on our streets. Seems they get a whole lot more criticism than close-up and personal encouragement.

One of my close co-workers is married to a police officer who lost his partner and close family friend in the line of duty when a prisoner escaped from the hospital that my wife worked at the time. It was devastating to to so many people. One day he was a husband, father, friend, and public servant and the next day he was gone. That risk and sacrifice is more than most people would ever be able to truly comprehend. To all of those who serve the public, thank you.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Sponsored Links