Stupid terms we use.

This is a discussion on Stupid terms we use. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Hiram25 I recently had a tactical colonoscopy! Well, at least it felt that way when I woke up! I just told the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Stupid terms we use.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I recently had a tactical colonoscopy! Well, at least it felt that way when I woke up!
    I just told the guy, he could've asked, I'd a told him I had my tonsils out when I was a kid.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    whats a lolcat? and JD, is that your tacticat?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    I joke with my beat buddies when I say I'm using my tactical door knocker = my ASP expandable baton
    or
    my tactical clipboard = black plastic with pen holder, divided storage compartment
    or
    my tactical pen = its black, has Glock logo on it
    or
    my tactical..................

LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I guess ya just can't give somebody the "finger" anymore,you have to tactically deploy the middle hand digit
    by the way...........in Nc that is considered communicating threats........buh bye gun rights!

They are making more and more laws to lose them rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Haha, this thread is a trip.

Taking this topic to a different direction: I hate internet slang/jargon. I can't be the only one. Every time I read user comments at the bottom of a news article or something similar, it makes me want to pull my hair out. Off the top of my head, here is a few things that I can't stand:

/anything. I hate the use of slashes that somehow are used to denote thoughts. Especially when used in succession.

/Hate slashes.
    //Even more when used in succession.
    ///Makes me want to die.

Secondly: The words HERP and DERP. And literally anything that immediately precedes or follows these two gawdawful words. Including images. If someone can't create a coherent thought, yet want to provoke someone, they use these terms. Quit being lazy, stupid, or ignorant and type a response. Don't cop out and type herp, derp, or a combination of the two. The internet will be a better place if you pour some water on your keyboard, instead. Better yet, just cancel your internet subscriptions.

Thirdly: The cult use of the word has improperly. "I can has hotdogs!" or something similar. I think it stemmed from the whole lolcats thing.

Fourthly: Which leads me to hate ...lolcats and anything to do with them. Ok, I see why some people still like the lolcats, but it is just old and lame, now. I might be a little biased on this one. ...Since I kinda hate cats and all...

I'm sure there are many more, but these are the ones that stand out to me. Hopefully, I'm not alone in these sentiments. Fortunately, I don't think people on this forum toss these around very much.
    I don't know what HERP, DERP or lolcats are or what they could possibly mean. I must not be Kewl.

Sorry for the misinformed. I would call you guys "lucky". I can't quite explain the social nuances associated with these terms. I mean, I could, but I'd rather not. Images might help describe these terms. You might think they are funny at first, but the phenomenon has driven me nuts on some forums. So... here are a couple of links:

lolcats:
    lolcats - Google Search

Herp and Derp:
    lolcats - Google Search

Ohhhh... I guess I shouldn't have asked. Never seen the hurp stuff. Lucky me.

I've gotten a few of the cat ones in emails. I just didn't know that's what they
    were called. Too many stupid people baby talking their cats. Go figure, cat
    people....

I'm seriously doubting (hoping) that no one on this site would embarrass
    themselves with posting this stupid crap. I'd bet money that most people
    who own firearms don't overlap much with baby talk cat people. I bet you
    there is also a correlation to political beliefs as well. Just a hunch...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links