Stupid terms we use.

This is a discussion on Stupid terms we use. within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This term was used today on the radio for an apartment being cleared. Since when is clearing an apartment called a Tactical Residential Entry?? This ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Stupid terms we use.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Stupid terms we use.

This term was used today on the radio for an apartment being cleared. Since when is clearing an apartment called a Tactical Residential Entry?? This is one of the asinine terms being tossed around on the radios of our agency and apparently Metro PD has caught on to using it as well. Also worthy of mention, tactical investigation. I heard a Metro officer refer to the armed robbery investigation we were conducing two nights ago as a "tactical investigation" What terms are being used in your departments and agencies that you think are absolutely for lack of a better word, retarded?
    Secret Spuk and kwoodford like this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    If metro was using those terms, they did so to make fun of your agency. Garundarntee it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

we do have a few idiots working for us, thats true. One of em just got demoted though, so now im senior to him.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Administrator
    Yeah, I figured as much. There's always a few, isn't there?
    "Just blame Sixto"

I think much of the use of the word "tactical" is stupid.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    I think much of the use of the word "tactical" is stupid.
    I just want you to know that I find your use of the word "tactical" to be very tactical.

Sent via Tapatalk...and still using real words.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    civilian
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    This term was used today on the radio for an apartment being cleared. Since when is clearing an apartment called a Tactical Residential Entry?? This is one of the asinine terms being tossed around on the radios of our agency and apparently Metro PD has caught on to using it as well. Also worthy of mention, tactical investigation. I heard a Metro officer refer to the armed robbery investigation we were conducing two nights ago as a "tactical investigation" What terms are being used in your departments and agencies that you think are absolutely for lack of a better word, retarded?
    DUDE!!! This stuff is HILARIOUS!!!

To this day I don't know why they always say the suspected shooter or thief when everyone knows the person did the deed, because he has been caught on tape, or maybe shot during the act with many people being witness.
    " The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson

sureshot, its because in our country, everyone is innocent until proven guilty. It is due simply to a moral standard upheld in the media................never mind.''

Sixto, there are always idiots in this profession. My first supervisor at Blue Line Security once told me that if I were standing in a group of people and could not figure out who was the dumbest in the group that it must be me. I still follow that lesson and find that it is true. We have numerous people who insist on having the latest in technology, the latest in tactics, the latest in optics and insist they are the best. Last night the individual who got demoted was my partner for a building entry. I was counting on him to be right behind me, cleared the apartment, closets, bathrooms, etc etc, yelled clear, then moved upstairs, as I am reaching the top of the stairs he is still down in the kitchen searching cabenets. When i politely asked him.........well not so politely but this is a family forum, what he was still doing down there he told me "well this place has to be empty, theres no furniture." I then went back downstairs, informed Metro what happened and asked if one of their officers would mind backing me up. The idiot was then taught how to clear an apartment and stated to me "i don't get why you are so angry, it was an empty apartment" Some people just do not understand.

JD, don't you mean tactically posted via tapatalk and still using real words?

Another one used tonight, tactical radio equipment.........apparently just radio is not good enough to describe it, now it is tactical radio equipment. I swear Gecko45 is slowly taking over our unit.

Then wouldn't that make it a supposed tactical residential entry?

It was a tactical residential entry to search for the supposed suspect.

You may also substitute entry for assault and supposed for alleged
    Rock and Glock likes this.

It's all good, if and only if you have the tactical trunk monkey to back it up!
    Bkrazy likes this.

Glock Certified Armorer

I guess ya just can't give somebody the "finger" anymore,you have to tactically deploy the middle hand digit
    RoadKill likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Cool

tac·ti·cal adj \ˈtak-ti-kəl\

Definition of TACTICAL

: of or relating to combat tactics: as
    a (1) : of or occurring at the battlefront <a tactical defense> <a tactical first strike> (2) : using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront <tactical missiles>
    b of an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces
    a : of or relating to tactics: as (1) : of or relating to small-scale actions serving a larger purpose (2) : made or carried out with only a limited or immediate end in view
    b : adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose
    adroit adj \ə-ˈdrȯit\
    : having or showing skill, cleverness, or resourcefulness in handling situations <an adroit leader> <adroit maneuvers>

Well that certainly clears things up for me.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links