One finally sees the light!

This is a discussion on One finally sees the light! within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was chatting with my former boss the other day, old school style--meaning oral communication, not electronic tranfer of digital info. (It still works well.) ...

Thread: One finally sees the light!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

One finally sees the light!

I was chatting with my former boss the other day, old school style--meaning oral communication, not electronic tranfer of digital info. (It still works well.) Anyhow, he's always been a bleeding heart liberal, hates the military's involvement in everything (he never served), etc. Needless to say, as retired AF, I disagreed on most topics with him

Now his son is on the frontlines in Afghanistan and sending hiome stories of IUDs and mortor ttacks, etc. He then says that all the parts of the IUDs are made in two factories in Pakistan and that we should bomb them into oblivion.

I made a point how how his opinions have suddenly changed when his loved one is involved in the action, and told him "Welcome to the dark side. Now you see what I've been saying for years."

He just nodded. "Yeah, it's like he's has to fight with one hand tied behind his back."

Amazing how when something really hits home, the gloves come off.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    yup and I'm betting even Nancy Pelosi has a gun hidden in her home that she woyld go to if pushed a bit by a BG. Funny how its bad for everybody to worry about protection till the SHTF.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

VIP Member
    I'm glad he came around. Although it saddens me when people have a complete inability to consider things from a perspective outside of their own immediate and personal needs and desires.

It reminds me of the following quote (don't recall author):

"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet".

VIP Member
    Eighty percent of the Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) planted in Afghanistan, and 90 percent of all US casulaties, are made with components that come from just two legally-operating factories in Pakistan. And while NATO forces know exactly where those factories are, and who the brokers are who sell their goods, there has been nothing they can do to stop the flow of materials to Afghan insurgents, according to the American General in charge of the anti-IED fight.
    Read the rest.

Joint IED Defeat Organization (JIEDDO) says ammonium nitrate fertilizer (same as OK City bombing) is not being stopped during its smuggling route out of Pakistan. The amount that makes it to Afghan insurgents is 1% of total production of the two factories.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

jrs
    it's amazing how the ultra-liberals tell us how we should act and think, yet they themselves don't practice what they preach.
    Even here in the overly restrictive New York State, Chuckie (I never saw a camera I couldn't get in front of) Schumer, votes to restrict our rights, but as I understand it, has a CCW permit himself. Imagine that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverickx50 View Post
    yup and I'm betting even Nancy Pelosi has a gun hidden in her home that she woyld go to if pushed a bit by a BG. Funny how its bad for everybody to worry about protection till the SHTF.
    On another note... I recently had the pleasure of meeting one of our country's true heroes. Special forces retired who served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Was deployed to both Afghanistan and Iraq, and speaks modestly of his service. These are the people the liberals show their contemp and disdain....shameful!
    I can't express the depth of my true gratitude to their service, bravery and personal and family sacrifice.
    God bless all who have served so admirably.

Links