Some coments on the 2012 NDAA

This is a discussion on Some coments on the 2012 NDAA within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The National Defense Authorization Act... Now, I'll admit to stirring the pot here a bit... but let's not get political... I just find it hard ...

Thread: Some coments on the 2012 NDAA

Some coments on the 2012 NDAA

The National Defense Authorization Act...

Now, I'll admit to stirring the pot here a bit... but let's not get political... I just find it hard to believe our representatives in government are going to allow (scratch that, are in favor of) a bill that allows a standing military (where have I heard that before?). Detain US Citizens without due process... without ...well here's an excerpt from the article:

So despite the Sixth Amendment’s guarantee of a right to trial, the Senate bill would let the government lock up any citizen it swears is a terrorist, without the burden of proving its case to an independent judge, and for the lifespan of an amorphous war that conceivably will never end. And because the Senate is using the bill that authorizes funding for the military as its vehicle for this dramatic constitutional claim, it’s pretty likely to pass.
    Bolding and underlining is my own...

Here's the article: From Wired Magazine

Reading the entire bill, as is usually the case, is akin to being waterboarded... read tortuous, but some things need to be looked at.

And please, I know "if you don't do anything wrong, you have nothing to fear." But mistakes are made... and people get thrown in gaol mistakenly from time to time... and here it can be done without proof beyond a reasonable doubt or any other due process.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
    “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.” Han Solo

One step closer to the edge....They keep pushing, one day someone is going to push back.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Siddhartha View Post
    Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    One step closer to the edge....They keep pushing, one day someone is going to push back.....
    The liberty thing. Sure. But we all (we'uns )are being forced to give up our freedoms by our own elected officials. And we'uns ain't gonna do anything about it. When you get mad enough, grab your rifle and step out on your front porch. If your neighbors aren't out on their porches with theirs, it ain't time yet.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The liberty thing. Sure. But we all (we'uns )are being forced to give up our freedoms by our own elected officials. And we'uns ain't gonna do anything about it. When you get mad enough, grab your rifle and step out on your front porch. If your neighbors aren't out on their porches with theirs, it ain't time yet.
    Not YET...... Almost
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links