What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!?

This is a discussion on What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not to pick a fight or argue but i have a little bit of experience here When i first got out of the military i ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!?

Not to pick a fight or argue but i have a little bit of experience here
    When i first got out of the military i worked for a private contracting company, one of the things we did were train local law enforcement agencies with tactics and marksmanship. I would always ask those type questions like"wheres my former military guys at?" To my surprise, there were hardly any responses.
    Maybe it was just coiencidence

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Maybe it was.

DHS has a wide spread of responsibilities. Part of the Nation Response Plan is to make sure that all individual agencies and NGO's (Police, Fire, Rescue, Medical, Veterinarians, Morticians and others ) are on the same page during a national or major emergency. Let's say there is a major earthquake. There will be responders from all over the U.S. responding to the disaster. These groups will need to come together as seamlessly and as quickly as possible. As a quick example, the use of "10 Codes". There is no across the board 10 code list. A "10-78" may very well have five different meaning for 5 different agencies.

Law enforcement agencies from across the country will likely be working together to provide security for the other responders and assist the local LE agencies.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    DHS has a wide spread of responsibilities. Part of the Nation Response Plan is to make sure that all individual agencies and NGO's (Police, Fire, Rescue, Medical, Veterinarians, Morticians and others ) are on the same page during a national or major emergency. Let's say there is a major earthquake. There will be responders from all over the U.S. responding to the disaster. These groups will need to come together as seamlessly and as quickly as possible. As a quick example, the use of "10 Codes". There is no across the board 10 code list. A "10-78" may very well have five different meaning for 5 different agencies.

Law enforcement agencies from across the country will likely be working together to provide security for the other responders and assist the local LE agencies.
    What, DHS took over for FEMA?

I've also noticed that of the numerous LEO members here, we have not heard many, if any, reply to this topic.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

VIP Member
    Can anybody point me to the part of the Constitution (as amended) that authorizes the Feds to do anything with law enforcement other than secure the border? I would appreciate your help as I can't seem to find it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Basically it states that we r all in this together and we r working together.
    Thats the theory, but when the Feds refuse to do one of the few jobs they actually have under the Constitution - secure the borders - and they sue the states when they try to perform this function, it is hardly fair to say that they are working together.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    Not to pick a fight or argue but i have a little bit of experience here
    When i first got out of the military i worked for a private contracting company, one of the things we did were train local law enforcement agencies with tactics and marksmanship. I would always ask those type questions like"wheres my former military guys at?" To my surprise, there were hardly any responses.
    Maybe it was just coiencidence
    Maybe they tatted themselves up right out of any possibility of a job with a law enforcement agency?

This morning, while dropping off my wife, I saw a lone guy with a winter raid jacket and 5.11s on, whose front (badge) and back jacket (words) panels indicated he was "DHS Police."

Because I was driving I couldn't see anything else other than him walking down the commuter train platform.

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Interesting....but DHS does not equal DOJ. That's quite a conundrum, because the Attorney General of the U.S. is the Chief LEO, the Secretary for Homeland Security is not. DHS cannot bring charges to trial...only the DOJ can (at the Federal level). Someone more knowledgeable please let me know if I'm off the reservation on this.
    No federal agency can bring charges against a person without a U.S. Attorney's Office, or DOJ, filing the case. That includes federal law enforcement agencies within DOJ itself.

Oath Keepers Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic That website at the beginning of this is something that all law enforcement and military people should be looking at. I have heard about and I have also seen videos of our government training our own soldiers to take control over US citizens in a event of a natural disaster and a man-made disaster and also organizations against our government and also people that are not happy with our government who are protesting . Our government has been watching very closely different countries where the people have gotten disgusted with their government and wanted to take their country back. So our government sees the handwriting on the wall that the people in the United States are also getting disgusted with the government here who has made Washington more of a private country club. so they have been training our military to deal with US citizens and also pulling in law enforcement with training as well so they have a way to join military forces with our local law enforcement. I think I might be wrong. Our government just passed a Law that gives the US military the power to come into your house with no warrant take everything you have and detain you without giving you a reason and also you lose all of your rights. No legal representation and they can detain you as long as they want to. I'm not sure about this but I think it just passed

You familiar with the websites together we served?

I can only access the USMC one since that where i served, But you can do a search what are they doing now?
    Found 223 were swat out of 350,000 members
    Maybe its a coiencidence

Senior Moderator

I've also noticed that of the numerous LEO members here, we have not heard many, if any, reply to this topic.
    Thats because it is a non issue and somethings just arent worth wasting time with arguing or discussing.

Maybe its a local thing, but it sure isnt a plot to take over all of Law Enforcement.

If it was true, and I knew anything about it, I would be the first to blow the trumpet and tell the world that something was amiss. When I came up missing, you would know it to be the truth.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post

Back a few years ago FEMA was moved under DHS. From what I under stand, part of the reason was to allow better security for the responders.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Some Agency has took a bunch of Goverment Hand-outs and has no choice,Mine has no such on our Uniforms.

Was watching cspan the other day
    One senator from New Mexico was asking to pass legislation that would hand all military equipment returning from Iraq to various local law enforcement agencys along the border. He wanted all returning equipment that will be stored including, Full auto M16s, Night vision goggles, Drone planes, huey helicopters, sensors, ammo, light armored troop carriers.

The reason his request was shot down is he also requested that no military training cross training be allowed, basically just hand it over! lmao!
    I understand why he needs it for the wall climbers but come on! military guys had to learn to use it why does he think his guys can just take control with no cross training?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links