What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!? - Page 4

What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!?

This is a discussion on What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gunther71 Was watching cspan the other day One senator from New Mexico was asking to pass legislation that would hand all military ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: What is the deal here. Sheriffs and other LEO agencies are now considered DHS?!?

Quote Originally Posted by gunther71 View Post
    Was watching cspan the other day
    One senator from New Mexico was asking to pass legislation that would hand all military equipment returning from Iraq to various local law enforcement agencys along the border. He wanted all returning equipment that will be stored including, Full auto M16s, Night vision goggles, Drone planes, huey helicopters, sensors, ammo, light armored troop carriers.

The reason his request was shot down is he also requested that no military training cross training be allowed, basically just hand it over! lmao!
    I understand why he needs it for the wall climbers but come on! military guys had to learn to use it why does he think his guys can just take control with no cross training?
    On the job training. I like the idea to equip the border with the returns...hole 'nother topic.

Hotguns - I look at it as neither confirm or deny from the local LEO. Still not putting on the tin foil hat, I just wanted to know what the heck was going on with the subject at hand.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I don't

Senior Moderator
    Sticks..

My agency got some night vision goggles with IR/Thermal capability on a Gov. grant that they do for LEO's for equipment. We just recently aquired M-14's that were surplus for a cost of 50 bucks each.

The night goggles came with the stipulation that you had to send someone to D.C. for a week of training on how to use them. We did that, sent one of our guys there to do that.

We occasionaly get governement grants for two reasons, one, is because as a small dept. we could never afford a lot of things, and two, the guy that gets the grants used to work for FEMA doing nothing but getting grants for stuff, so he is a pro at it and knows the system well.

At no time have I ever heard DHS requiring anything in the way of patches, uniforms, or anything.

With that being said...the real people in charge of the Federal Government would like nothing better than to place ALL LEOs into one category. They want them standardized, uniformed and answerable to no one but them. That way all local control would be removed and they would have NOTHING standing in their way of enforcement. If an area were to become a hotspot of activity for whatever reason, they could simply move the numbers of people and equipment that they needed to quell any disturbance or disruption.

Although I do beleive that it will come some time in the future, I still think it is a longs ways off.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Sounds like what i saw in Liberia,
    government and police backed president taylor
    military and rebels overthrew them

If all leos could be directed and ordered by the president, the military would be the american people's only defense.
    Example: Obama gets re-elected and appoints another supreme justice that finally rules no more guns, turn them in.

Don't worry until the gov't pulls the tinfoil from the shelves, folks.
    God, country, family.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links