Taser - Page 2

Taser

This is a discussion on Taser within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, it appears I was a bit off in what the device is designed to do. Training is set for two weeks from today and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Taser

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Ok, it appears I was a bit off in what the device is designed to do. Training is set for two weeks from today and hopefully I come back from that more educated on when and how to deploy a taser device.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Ok, it appears I was a bit off in what the device is designed to do. Training is set for two weeks from today and hopefully I come back from that more educated on when and how to deploy a taser device.
    Jeff, if you are still looking for a taser there is a company in las Vegas nv that sells surplus x26le's and as leo/security ou can purchase from him. The website is mrstungun.com and he accepts PayPal. He's quick to send, shoot him an email and I'm sure he will call you the same day. His name is Joe I believe. It's where my company down here in florida buys ours. Mine came with 2 25' green l.e cartridges.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The company holds all liability if we use it, this is why we have to purchase it and pay for our training before we can carry it on the job. I just feel more comfortable entering an apartment to clear it out with a taser in my hand if someone rushes me than a handgun. I do not feel I would be justified in the heat of the moment for shooting someone who turns out to be unarmed, pepper spray is not fast enough to be effective. I feel a taser is less liability than a handgun if I should have to use it in that situation.
    Don't kid yourself; you can be named in a lawsuit just as easily as your company. Individual police officers are often named as defendents in lawsuits right along with the PD, the county, the city, the state, etc. You pull the trigger--you are responsible. It makes no difference if it goes bang or buzzzzzz!
    64zebra likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Don't kid yourself; you can be named in a lawsuit just as easily as your company. Individual police officers are often named as defendents in lawsuits right along with the PD, the county, the city, the state, etc. You pull the trigger--you are responsible. It makes no difference if it goes bang or buzzzzzz!
    If someone rushes me while Im clearing a room they deserve a bullet not a shock, if you announced and they knw your entering they definitely deserve what's coming. If you don't feel comfortable carrying your firearm then don't, find a different job.

Hope u have fun at the course

VIP Member
    Chris.....update?
    how was the class?
    were your eyes opened to some things?
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Man........ Never clear a room with a taser. I've seen them not work several times. Especially in the winter. They're basically useless, even with the long barbs.

Useless in the winter that is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links