Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be - Page 2

Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be

This is a discussion on Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 4my son I've heard about the Myth Busters episode, Did they mention about opening one of the escape doors, or what would ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4my son View Post
    I've heard about the Myth Busters episode, Did they mention about opening one of the escape doors, or what would happen with a hole that size? It would take no tools or smuggling any chemicals, or anything, just jump up and open the door. Even if it doesn’t cause the plane to crash, with a couple of terrorist on board, you could start forcing people out the door.

It's not like you can put a pad lock on it. That would negate having the door in the first place. And the directions on how to operate it are right there in the seat back in front of you. Remember, if you sit in front of one, It's your job
    Emergency exits & the entrance doors will not open while at altitude. The difference in cabin pressure will not allow it. The doors & exit windows open INWARD.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Guys, the easiest solution is have everyone get naked before they board the plane. No place to hide a weapon unless it is up....never mind. Granted, it wouldn't be pretty, but terrorists can't see naked women, so they couldn't board the plane! Just my sick 2 cents....
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post
    Guys, the easiest solution is have everyone get naked before they board the plane. No place to hide a weapon unless it is up....never mind. Granted, it wouldn't be pretty, but terrorists can't see naked women, so they couldn't board the plane! Just my sick 2 cents....
    This is an idea that would work, but the aclu would throw a fit, and I really wouldn't want to subject my mom or sister to that, but it's an idea that would be worth exploring (as to come up with a workable stradgey to keep the skies safe.

Also, Dimmak's idea of gassing the passingers has some validity
    Last edited by Dakotaranger; August 18th, 2006 at 02:39 AM.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    This is an idea that would work, but the aclu would throw a fit, and I really wouldn't want to subject my mom or sister to that, but it's an idea that would be worth exploring
    Yea, my daughter isn't too keen on the idea either, but if the flight attendants... sorry, I'm wandering again...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftyjuan View Post

Better yet, just make the women check their clothes.

When I said disable the aircraft, I was not talking about explosive decompression. I am a pilot, have been to the altitude chamber many times, and I do watch MythBusters.

Oh yeah, and just because one has a CCW does not automatically make me 100% comfortable with their skills such that I would want them firing a weapon inside an aircraft full of jet-A at FL350 with my wife and three kids seated around me. There are too many yahoos among us to ignore the fact that guns and airplanes are quite simply not a good mix. Some of the threads I have read in PDO sort of reinforce my feelings in that regard.
    Last edited by lowflyer; August 18th, 2006 at 02:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links