Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be

This is a discussion on Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was listening to Hannity today as he was talking about getting more armed guards on plane. Silly that we trust the government, being a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Dakotaranger's Airline Safety Plan...that never will be

I was listening to Hannity today as he was talking about getting more armed guards on plane. Silly that we trust the government, being a Federalist this is my answer for that.

We allow ALL hicks, Red Staters, and rednecks carry a 9mm on board. Since 38 states already have concealed permits, and most of us "gunnuts" train more than the average police officer. A private citizen double tapping two rounds into a terrorists head without missing is excellent.

The rules to carry on your person:

Need a triple retention holster.
    Previous background checks done (Which in North Dakota is done when I applied for my permit and is redone with every renewal so isn't that big of a deal).
    Be able to qualify at the same level as an Air Marshal.
    NO alcohol in your system for eight hours before you board the plane. And can't have any mind altering prescription drugs in your system. If violated you loose your weapon and your concealed permit for six months.
    You tell no one your carrying, there will be a special note on the ticket because of your service to keep the flight safe you get a $50 rebate from the air line.
    Profiling:

We need to start using our screening more efficiently. While checking those people who are fidgety is important, we need to be honest who is carrying out the terrorist attacks. Cops that stop people 'for driving while black' is unequivably wrong just screening some closer because they are from a suspect nation that has a history of promoting terrorism may be a good idea. Foreigners have no constitutional protection and we shouldn't extend it to them. Just to avoid the accusations of profiling any known aclu member be pulled aside for further examination, everytime. Maybe some senators that can't cross bridges sober for good measure.

We are at war with islamic fascists. We are going to loose unless we start taking this war more serious.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Due respect, but I don't think any of us train to shoot guns on airplanes at altitude. Nor do most of us know what type of ammunition would be best suited for in flight duty.

Being proficient with shooting a weapon is only part of the equation. You have to know when and how best to employ the weapon as well. Employing one in such a confined space with a realization for potentially disabling the aircraft and possibly harming an innocent is not something that most of us are prepared for. My opinion only.

I agree with your sentiment, I just don't know how we could implement that sort of plan.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

as far as ammo

The one thing I have thought of is if ammo was issued at a special check in spot (which may or may not make sense). The only way it could be implemented is if congress deregulated air line laws.

As far as castorphic decompression MythBusters disproved it, at least as it happens on the silver screen.

This is just a plug nickle of an idea. Little more than just flat frustration on people's over reliance on government.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Dakotaranger I agree with you 110%. I was discussing this with a coworker this morning and she stated it clearly. If I was able to carry on the plane (we are taking a trip in two days) she would feel so much safer. We lso saw the Mythbusters show but frangies would work great. Instead we are left with no way to protect ourselves or everyone else on the plane.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

What do you mean no way we can now carry nail clippers just can't hit em with a bottle of water :)

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    Be able to qualify at the same level as an Air Marshal.
    That may be one of the biggest flaws in your plan. From everything I've heard and seen they are GOOD, and civilians just ton't have the training facilities.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Lawmakers should be required to take the same flights as the rest of us. No private planes. All commercial airlines. There should be at least 5 ACLU staff on every plane. After a few planes go down or into buildings ACLU and the lawmakers will change their tune on "profiling".
    I just call it an accurate active description of suspects.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I was talking about just this the other day too. A Pie in the sky idea of mine, is to issue all passengers a snubby with rubber bullets. Any one acting strange, gets pelted into submission, and tied up for the remainder of the trip.

I've heard about the Myth Busters episode, Did they mention about opening one of the escape doors, or what would happen with a hole that size? It would take no tools or smuggling any chemicals, or anything, just jump up and open the door. Even if it doesn’t cause the plane to crash, with a couple of terrorist on board, you could start forcing people out the door.

It's not like you can put a pad lock on it. That would negate having the door in the first place. And the directions on how to operate it are right there in the seat back in front of you. Remember, if you sit in front of one, It's your job

I'm not trying to sound like I'm off my rocker, just the quote I read the other day is still ringing in my head.

"The security measures employed by the US are based on the last attack, not the possibility of what might occur in the future. I think it was an Irish defense expert, or someone like that. I can't find it now.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

I like your plan. My plan is a little different, but should have the same effect.

Attach baseball bats to the overhead bins, one for each row of seats, as a courtesy to the passengers.

A bat is much less likely to endanger the airplane, and, in the hands of a few dozen pissed off americans, would be more than sufficient to discourage some idiot from hijacking the plane.

4myson... The doors are held in place by air pressure... it's nearly impossible to open a door while in flight unless the plane has lost pressure or is nearly at ground level.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotaranger View Post
    As far as castorphic decompression MythBusters disproved it, at least as it happens on the silver screen.
    Catastrophic decompression would not be my concern. Think, catastrophic perforation of flight systems/members of the flight crew.

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Personally, I'm all for the baseball bat idea!!
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

Senior Member Array TheGreatGonzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post
    +1, +1, +1!!!!!!
    "Skin that smokewagon!".

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    what about the captains ability to sedate the passenger cabin with gas of some sort...
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Dakotaranger is onto a good idea here.

But like he says, it will never be.

Our government has instead decided to strip us of the one thing that might have prevented 9-11.

Even if it hadn't prevented 9-11, it wouldn't have made it any worse, that's for !@#$%$# sure....

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USPnTX View Post

I'm not. What about the drunk idiot that decides to get violent on the flight? Let's not arm him. This is also another potential weapon for a Jihadist to use.

I am for CCL holders being able to carry on a flight though. Perhaps if we went through the same training that the airline pilots who carry do. I would pay the money to do so. I know it is expensive.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links