The War in Iraq is over - or is it?

This is a discussion on The War in Iraq is over - or is it? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Our governments says that the war in Iraq is over. Well, it's not over for the families of the nearly 5000 young Americans who lost ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Divebum47
  • 2 Post By Eagleks

Thread: The War in Iraq is over - or is it?

Our governments says that the war in Iraq is over. Well, it's not over for the families of the nearly 5000 young Americans who lost their lives in the Iraqi war. Nor is it over for the nearly 33,000 young men and women who were wounded. Nor are the nightmares over for those who saw battle. Please don't stop praying for our heroes, and remember that so many of our best and brightest won't be home for Christmas this year.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

What "objective" was accomplished, to determine it was "over" . None. Seems a bit like Viet Nam,

Where the opponents (which here would be Iran & the Taliban in Afghanistan) will race in and take over, all of those opposing it will be murdered and put in mass graves, and a new society will be formed.

Some people don't study history, and some never learn from it. We, can only hope neither occur, but if I was making bets....
    msgt/ret and tbrenke like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

War in the middle-east has been continuously going on for the past 3,000 years or so, and this is only another costly chapter in that continuance. The major problem lies in the fact that people in that particular region are lagging behind the rest of the civilized world by about 2,000 years of human evolution. Trying to install a civilized central form of national government to scores of individual, tribal-based, secularly-diverse, nomadic Neanderthals is just as futile as sending a brainless bunch of wild chimpanzees to the US Congress - like we've already done. Why can't we learn from our mistakes?????

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    What "objective" was accomplished, to determine it was "over" . None. Seems a bit like Viet Nam,

Where the opponents (which here would be Iran & the Taliban in Afghanistan) will race in and take over, all of those opposing it will be murdered and put in mass graves, and a new society will be formed.

Some people don't study history, and some never learn from it. We, can only hope neither occur, but if I was making bets....
    Sadly I would predict this is exactly what will happen.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I give them a year and it will be business as usual.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    If it takes a year.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

We r just getting out of the way for the middle east crisis

There goes our oil!!!

Links