gas siphoning at my work

gas siphoning at my work

This is a discussion on gas siphoning at my work within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; some person at my work has been siphoning my gas tank and many many other people's gas tanks Today they were stupid and left my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gas siphoning at my work

gas siphoning at my work

some person at my work has been siphoning my gas tank and many many other people's gas tanks

Today they were stupid and left my gas cap leaning out my gas cargo bay door ( I do not have one that can lock)

I am very angered at this, and am tomorrow installing a camera that takes pictures when ever something walks infront of it.

WHAT LEGAL ACTION CAN I TAKE HERE?

can i take this guy to jail from the pictures, from fingerprints on my car, will he be fired, what can i do and what will happen.

Assistant Administrator
    fitz - if you can provide solid proof of his actions then you can have him charged with theft. That sucks for sure.

I imagine if he is charged and arrested his job will go by default.

I guess this is something we will see more and more with gas proices - we have had some episodes round here - plus not paying for gas at gas station - drive-offs.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    personaly i would just re route the fill pipe to a small tank made of 10" pvc hose clamped to the frame , and fill it with raw sewage , let him suck on that to start the siphon . But then i have been called evil before .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    personaly i would just re route the fill pipe to a small tank made of 10" pvc hose clamped to the frame , and fill it with raw sewage , let him suck on that to start the siphon . But then i have been called evil before .
    Hands down one of the best ideas I've ever heard.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    That sucks for sure.
    Bad pun? Bad pun!

But yes, with proper proof, theft sounds like a winner.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

He's stealing from you. Call the police -- that's their job.

Reminds me of the 70's...when gas got to (GASP!) a dollar a gallon...I was working in a gas station (that's where a guy would put your gas in your car FOR you...no, really...I swear it's true) and everybody was buying locking gas caps. We had local guys with 75 gallon or more tanks in the bed of their pickups, so I could understand.
    Last edited by sheepdog; August 17th, 2006 at 10:18 PM. Reason: clarity

oh yeah im going to Shucks auto supply tomorrow buying a locking gas cap, and hope the SOB comes back to get his picture taken next to my car with his pipe in hand ( like the raw sewage idea).

I was thinking of like putting some clear sticky liquid on the ground to make him stick to the ground and not able to leave, but that would probably damage company property, but i really want to get this guy.
    It would be nice to catch him in the act, make him go on his belly and zip tie his hands behind is back and call the cops!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog View Post
    Reminds me of the 70's...when gas got to (GASP!) a dollar a gallon...I was working in a gas station (that's where a guy would put your gas in your car FOR you...no, really...I swear it's true) and everybody was buying locking gas caps. We had local guys with 75 gallon or more tanks in the bed of their pickups, so I could understand.
    You know in Jersey they HAVE TO pump your gas for you...well atleast they did teh last time I was in Jersey about a year ago...

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Oh, No! not another GS story!!!

I REALLY enjoy a good story, so I guess I must collect these things.
    At any rate, I had trouble a few years back from a gas thief. At the time I worked for a company that used a lot of little accumilators. Which is basiclly a thick rubber bladder inside a pressure vessle. If you remove the pressure vessle and hook them up to compressed air the bladder will inflate for a bit and then bust. They are every bit as loud as (if not louder than)a shottie at close range. (I talked my boss out of a few off of some equipment that was being scrapped)

I talked a buddy out of his old beater, which had a rod knock, and the fun began. In short, we pulled the gas tank out of the car, and ran it off of a little gas can in the trunk. I rigged the fuel cap so that when it was removed it opened a valve going from an air tank in the trunk to the rubber bladder on the under side of the car.

I parked the thing in my driveway, right outside my bedroom window, and topped off the air tank every few days. It took a couple of weeks but it paid off. Late one night I was woken from a sound sleep by a boom that rattled the windows. Knowing what it was I got up and ran outside. The thief was nowhere to be found. There was only a cloud of gravel dust, a few feet of hose, and a nice shiny new steel 5 gallon gas can. I still have that can somewhere. :o)

As for your situation, I think hidden camera and charges filed would be a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
    Oh, No! not another GS story!!!

I REALLY enjoy a good story, so I guess I must collect these things.
    At any rate, I had trouble a few years back from a gas thief. At the time I worked for a company that used a lot of little accumilators. Which is basiclly a thick rubber bladder inside a pressure vessle. If you remove the pressure vessle and hook them up to compressed air the bladder will inflate for a bit and then bust. They are every bit as loud as (if not louder than)a shottie at close range. (I talked my boss out of a few off of some equipment that was being scrapped)

I talked a buddy out of his old beater, which had a rod knock, and the fun began. In short, we pulled the gas tank out of the car, and ran it off of a little gas can in the trunk. I rigged the fuel cap so that when it was removed it opened a valve going from an air tank in the trunk to the rubber bladder on the under side of the car.

I parked the thing in my driveway, right outside my bedroom window, and topped off the air tank every few days. It took a couple of weeks but it paid off. Late one night I was woken from a sound sleep by a boom that rattled the windows. Knowing what it was I got up and ran outside. The thief was nowhere to be found. There was only a cloud of gravel dust, a few feet of hose, and a nice shiny new steel 5 gallon gas can. I still have that can somewhere. :o)

As for your situation, I think hidden camera and charges filed would be a good option.

lol, i just want to clock in to work, stay up in the tree in the island in our parking lot waiting for the guy to get to my car, and swing down like spider man or a ninja and um take custody of them and zip tie them to a tree or something!

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    You could easily rig an alarm (read: air horns from a train) to sound when the gas door opens. Mount a disabling switch under the driver seat.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    You could easily rig an alarm (read: air horns from a train) to sound when the gas door opens. Mount a disabling switch under the driver seat.
    LOL! Just make sure you warn your wife...

Seriously though, it would be easy to rig up a magnet and reed switch type setup to trigger something.

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Just make sure you put the switch behind the body panel where the gas door hinge attaches. That way it couldn't be defeated without closing the door.

A guy at my work had his gas siphoned while his car was parked at the airport. Crooks weren't the brightest though as he has an old honda civic with about a 10 gallon tank.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links