ICE refuses to take illegals........ - Page 2

ICE refuses to take illegals........

This is a discussion on ICE refuses to take illegals........ within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I live by the border and just one hospital in a town with a population of 100,000 has approximately 800 births a month,most of them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: ICE refuses to take illegals........

I live by the border and just one hospital in a town with a population of 100,000 has approximately 800 births a month,most of them paid with our taxes cause they are Illegals
    Most Hospitals in big Metro areas in border states struggle with this matter. We lived in the DFW area for 12 or so years, and this just drove me to distraction:

Parkland Hospital in Dallas:

Parkland Memorial Hospital delivers more of those babies than any other hospital in the state. Last year at Parkland, 11,071 babies were born to women who were noncitizens, about 74 percent of total deliveries. Most of these women are believed to be in the country illegally.
    in Texas, between 60,000 to 65,000 babies achieve U.S. citizenship annually by being born in the state's hospitals, according to a tally released by the state's Health and Human Services Commission. Last year, such births represented almost 16 percent of the total births statewide.

Between 2001 and 2009, births to illegal immigrant women totaled 542,152 in Texas alone.
    Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas , Texas is a fairly famous institution and for a variety of reasons:

1. John F. Kennedy died there in 1963
    2. Lee Harvey Oswald died there shortly after
    3. Jack Ruby-who killed Oswald, died there a few years later.

On the flip side, Parkland is also home to the second busiest maternity ward in the country with almost 16,000 new babies arriving each year. That’s almost 44 per day—every day.

A recent patient survey indicated that 70 percent of the women who gave birth at Parkland in the first three months of 2006 were illegal immigrants. That’s 11,200 anchor babies born every year just in Dallas.

According to the article, the hospital spent $70.7 million delivering 15,938 babies in 2004 but managed to end up with almost $8 million dollars in surplus funding. Medicaid kicked in $34.5 million, Dallas County taxpayers kicked in $31.3 million and the feds tossed in another $9.5 million. About $75 million total, or $5,000 per baby. One large hospital in Texas. A heck of a lot more than that nationally.

The average patient in Parkland in maternity wards is 25 years old, married and giving birth to her second child. She is also an illegal immigrant. By law, pregnant women cannot be denied medical care based on their immigration status or ability to pay.

OK, fine. That doesn’t mean they should receive better care than everyday, middle-class American citizens. But at Parkland Hospital , they do. ” Parkland Memorial Hospital has nine prenatal clinics.
    I don't know enough about Joe A., but I do know the Executive Branch is torturing the language of the law beyond all recognition and abusing their powers to what I consider a criminal level in pursuit of their ideological goals, but other than that, it is a problem politicians of many stripes have conveniently ignored for a long time.

That does not mean now is not the time to fix it, nor does that mean it is too late to fix it. Just recognize the problem, and fix it. Damn simple.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Moderator
    Can you imagine of the rest of Law Enforcement in this country acted like ICE?

Dispatch...we have a domestic disturbance in progress as 123 Street.

ICE...nah...I dont think so. It'll be over in a minute so whats the point?

Dispatch...we have an officer that needs assistance on Market Street. He has stopped a vehicle that has 4 occupants in it.

Ice... only 4? When he gets more, tell him to call us back.

Dispatch...need to transfer a prisoner to the ER.

Ice...OK. We'll be there Tuesday of next week if we arent busy.

Dispatch. Head over to PoDunk Police Dept. to pick up some illegall aliens.

Ice...How many are there? We arent going to go there unless they have enough to make it worth our while. If they only have a dozen or so, tell them to release them or call us back when we can fill up a bus. Gas is expensive and our Federal Regs. tell us to only make trips at full capacity.

Dipsatch...Podunk Police has 6 Illegal Aliens that have felony warrants on them and they want to turn them over to your Agency. How do you want to proceed?

Ice...what are the warrants Dispatch?

Dispatch... 3 are wanted for Murder, one for Arson, one for Rape and One for Child Abuse.

Ice....Dont worry about it Dispatch. Tell them to let them go. Its no big deal.

When I think of ICE...I think of the Leadership of it and the words "criminaly negligent, lazy, incompetant, treasonous and worthless as teats on a boar hog come to mind.Its one arm of the Federal Govenment that has been abused and missused by the Executive Leadership of this country.
    The real problem needs to be corrected from the top down. Thats the only way it'll ever get fixed. Until that happens, it'll just be another agency that someone is using to further and agenda.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When I think of ICE...I think of the Leadership of it and the words "criminaly negligent, lazy, incompetant, treasonous and worthless as teats on a boar hog come to mind.Its one arm of the Federal Govenment that has been abused and missused by the Executive Leadership of this country.
    The real problem needs to be corrected from the top down. Thats the only way it'll ever get fixed. Until that happens, it'll just be another agency that someone is using to further and agenda.
    Ahhhhh..........YES!

Tell us what you really think, HG's!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I worked for the MN Dept of Public Safety. The local county prosecutors don't want to hear it. We were "forbidden" to call ICE when we incountered illegals. Goes to show what is the priority. While these people have multiple MN ID's or DL's under different names no arrests. Go Figure.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready" TR

Liberal educators, revisionist history. These things that they have been pumping into our kids since the 70's. It does not surprise me! The quintessential example is the current administration! The rights of the individual states must be restored at all costs. But how?? Washington needs an enema.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links