Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

This is a discussion on Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OperatorJ It's not profiling if you interview everyone. If you were to say "Hey you, yeah you, with the long scraggly lookin ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    It's not profiling if you interview everyone. If you were to say "Hey you, yeah you, with the long scraggly lookin beard and the bath towel wrapped around your head... let's have a talk", then yeah, I'd put that in the category of profiling.
    You are correct. But im pretty sure they profile too which contributes to their success.
    NavyAirdale likes this.

2. Remove Ads

TSA needs to learn from someone who has been doing airport / airline security for a while. Who? El Al Airlines in Isreal. They interview each and every passenger as their screening process. No pat downs, no full-body-I-see-you-naked scanners. An interview. And they've not had any incidents in over 8 years. TSA is nothing but reactive, not proactive. Oh... and that interview process averages less than 30 minutes from the time you arrive at the airport until you get to your gate. Less intrusive AND faster??! Sounds great.
    I couldn't agree more. I have seen them in action and you are 100% correct. Sadly though too many americans get a thrill from being given a little name badge, a pair of gloves and told THEY have authority to do as they see fit. I don't see any reasonable change coming anytime soon.

Israel has it right. Sadly we don't adopt their method, or atleast some form of it.
    NavyAirdale and Herknav like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrulesU View Post
    I bet you're easy to pick out of the airport line, with your shiny tinfoil hat and all.
    I bet you'd be easier with your inflated head and sense of self importance.
    BkCo1 likes this.

I couldn't agree more. I have seen them in action and you are 100% correct. Sadly though too many americans get a thrill from being given a little name badge, a pair of gloves and told THEY have authority to do as they see fit. I don't see any reasonable change coming anytime soon.

Israel has it right. Sadly we don't adopt their method, or atleast some form of it.
    Exactly correct. Give someone a badge, tell them they are important, and they will do whatever dirty work you want them to (ref BATFE, TSA, etc etc).

Exactly correct. Give someone a badge, tell them they are important, and they will do whatever dirty work you want them to (ref BATFE, TSA, etc etc).
    It usually works with a steady pay check too.

I bet you're easy to pick out of the airport line, with your shiny tinfoil hat and all.

Security is one thing. And I am all for ADULT pat downs IF warranted. But when these undereducated, ghetto wastes start assaulting kids, 87 yr old women etc. Enough is enough. I refuse to fly because of TSA ...not some paranoid/racist/profiling fear of someone carrying on a bomb.
    Remember: 9/11 occurred with simple box cutters bought at Walmart.

And when traveling thru airports, I always wear a stocking cap over my shinny tin foil hat!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I'm curious though, what method would you rather see used?

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post

And when traveling thru airports, I always wear a stocking cap over my shinny tin foil hat!

lol Thanks :)

Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    I bet you'd be easier with your inflated head and sense of self importance.
    I respectfully don't agree with your view and agree more with the other posters, but that line is kinda funny.
    No offense to the person it is aimed at..I agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I respectfully don't agree with your view and agree more with the other posters, but that line is kinda funny.
    No offense to the person it is aimed at..I agree with him
    But I have not offered my opinion or view just yet.

Sorry, thought you were somebody else.....my apologies :)
    Quote Originally Posted by oneeyedwilly View Post
    But I have not offered my opinion or view just yet.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    For me, flying is a mode of last resort. Because of certain conditions, TSA is a sheer hassle for me, and then I have to deal with the cattle-car mentality of the airlines. Last time I sincerely enjoyed flying, it was on Eastern Airlines, in the days when passengers were respected customers, not a necessary evil source of cash.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

IT WILL CHANGE as soon as the TSA employee's unionize and demand professional creds for thier work, as more experienced governments do (read-Isreal here) things will change...dont see Homeland Security making any intellegent changes in thier work model our government is very comfortably stuck on stupid, and predictable...to many political/monetary roadblocks to that...but TSA workers can change thier work place by demanding professional standards and pay...its mind numbing work..no doubt after 10 shifts on a big airport line ANYONE would hate FAT people and OLD people because they are a pain...The mutts on the TSA line need real counsel to deal with the pressures of haveing to feel up FAT people's FAT folds, and manipulate colostomy bags searching for weapons..To me its the crappy seat I'm going through all the BS to get to that just REEKS...and the fact that after makeing me reveal my socks to TSA workers, they refuse to let me sit down to get my shoes back on...rude and stupid...if you'v got money the rules are much different...nobody touches "executive class" ...just ask your reprsentitive or Senator...(while your at it, ask them for thier health plan)...SO I plan an extra day to recoup from the Ordeal....
    NYCrulesU, Hopyard and noway2 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    For me, flying is a mode of last resort. Because of certain conditions, TSA is a sheer hassle for me, and then I have to deal with the cattle-car mentality of the airlines. Last time I sincerely enjoyed flying, it was on Eastern Airlines, in the days when passengers were respected customers, not a necessary evil source of cash.
    Well, Eastern and a whole bunch of others went into bankruptcy shortly after they got what they demanded; deregulation.

You don't have to go back that far to find instances of good-to great customer service, even today, but usually not on domestic flights. Air New Zealand is pretty good if one is going that way. Houston to Baltimore, that's a whole other tale.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Yup and I won't. I used to fly over 100,000 miles a year for business. I retired 3 years ago and have flown one time since. As it stands now, it would take a heck of a lot to get me to fly anywhere - pretty much, if I can't drive it, I'm not going. Matter of fact, I donated almost 1,000,000 FF miles to Make a Wish rather than use them. I hate airports, TSA and the airlines. I hate the attitude of them doing me a favor by selling me a seat and then charging me outrageous prices to fly my bags or feed me. Bah and Humbug.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links