Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

This is a discussion on Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; IT WILL CHANGE as soon as the TSA employee's unionize and demand professional creds for thier work, as more experienced governments do (read-Isreal here) things ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

IT WILL CHANGE as soon as the TSA employee's unionize and demand professional creds for thier work, as more experienced governments do (read-Isreal here) things will change...dont see Homeland Security making any intellegent changes in thier work model our government is very comfortably stuck on stupid, and predictable
    Wow. That about the oddest (worst) rationalization for unionizing public employees i've ever heard. Glad I'm not FAT or OLD either.

I think Israel's method is much better, but don't think that is dependent on any Union input.
    NavyAirdale likes this.

2. Remove Ads

The TSA pat downs are a pointless waste of time that only serve the purpose of making naive people feel safe and to get masses of people used to the gov treating them like livestock.
    The only reason 9/11 happened was because there was a long standing policy of non resistance when a plane got hijacked. They would just do what the hijackers wanted, pay the ransom or fly the hijackers out of the country then get released and go on about their lives. That all changed on 9/11 and would never work again. Now, if you act stupid on a flight there is a long line of other passenger waiting to hand you your a$$, not some touchie feelie high school dropout with a badge and inflated since of self importance importance.
    I have made the decision not to fly under these conditions unless absolutely necessary. I have yet to run in to that situation. But, if I did have to fly, I would make sure I fed my family a nice dinner of beans, broccoli, and cabbage followed by a breakfast of boiled eggs. I would opt out of the back scatter radiation machine and get a pat down. Hopefully, when they went to pat me down I would be able to release a toxic fog to signify my disapproval.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I'd rather have a TSA ghetto turd do their job than some third world turd crash the plane my family and I am on because he/she didn't do their job. OMO
    If you think, hahaha - sorry, the TSA will EVER prevent any third world or any other terrorist from doing ANYTHING to a plane, you might be (as Lewis Black says) delusional. HTH
    NYCrulesU likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    If you think, hahaha - sorry, the TSA will EVER prevent any third world or any other terrorist from doing ANYTHING to a plane, you might be (as Lewis Black says) delusional. HTH

Exactly lol

AFAIK, it's warrantless search and seizure, prohibited by the Bill of Rights. An inconvenient truth for some in power. Power meet justice, biotches.

Quote Originally Posted by OperatorJ View Post
    It's not profiling if you interview everyone. If you were to say "Hey you, yeah you, with the long scraggly lookin beard and the bath towel wrapped around your head... let's have a talk", then yeah, I'd put that in the category of profiling.
    I don't see anything wrong with profiling. It would solve a lot of problems. Grandma and her 3 year old grand daughter aren't very likly to hijack a plane.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NCGunDude View Post
    AFAIK, it's warrantless search and seizure, prohibited by the Bill of Rights. An inconvenient truth for some in power. Power meet justice, biotches.
    Voluntarily wait in line over here for your fourth amendment violation? Something doesn't make sense.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

IT WILL CHANGE as soon as the TSA employee's unionize and demand professional creds for thier work, as more experienced governments do (read-Isreal here) things will change...
    Sorry, but that sounds like something being ejected from the south end of a northbound bull.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

To fly el al, you also have to get to the airport 3 hours in advance. They will ask you everything, including religious questions in the short interview. I am sure that would not "fly" here. If they have any inconsistencies you come back for the long interview. That's why they need you there 3 hours before you fly.

When I was a frequent flying business traveler pre-9/11 I could walk up to the gate at the 10 minute mark and still board. Those days are long gone.

Three hours would be fine with me now. I always blow an entire day flying anyway. What's another hour? The El Al model is fine by me, except I know so little Judaism they might flag me. Relax and focus on a stress-free cruise through security, and people watch for entertainment. What can beat that?

this is the price of safety, planes are too easy of a target and do way to much damage in the wrong hands so you can drive or get a pat down and live with it for safety

Don't forget the children. It's for safety and the children. So any laws that happen to get broken or rights that get a few boot prints is all OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 82d DIVARTY View Post
    Don't forget the children. It's for safety and the children. So any laws that happen to get broken or rights that get a few boot prints is all OK.
    I surely hope this is sarcasm at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    this is the price of safety, planes are too easy of a target and do way to much damage in the wrong hands so you can drive or get a pat down and live with it for safety
    Last I heard we had a Constitution. What price sir are you willing to pay for safety? TSA is not pro-active, they react. First it was the shoes. Don't kid yourself, as soon as they find a few things up somebody's rectum that passed the scanner then you know there will be more intrusive inspections. You say to drive. I have relatives that live in CA and I am in NH. If something happened to my MOM I would need to fly to get there in time in case it was really bad. There are common sense things to do for security but these pat downs are not turning anything up. And for the pilot to be able to kick somebody off for any reason is not right either. Allowing a slow intrusion on our rights has always led to broader intrusions on our rights. And most always for our safety and security.
    Remember this:
    Vanessa Gibbs, 17, barred from flight because she had a gun on her handbag | Mail Online

For sake of this post, don't say if she showed up earlier she would have had time to check it. Point is she should be able to carry it on the flight
    SIGguy229 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Well, Eastern and a whole bunch of others went into bankruptcy shortly after they got what they demanded; deregulation.

You don't have to go back that far to find instances of good-to great customer service, even today, but usually not on domestic flights. Air New Zealand is pretty good if one is going that way. Houston to Baltimore, that's a whole other tale.
    Having been involved with Eastern, a large portion of its downfal came from mismanagement, a large portion from union demands, and the rest from the growing costs of doing business. But that's going away from the thread, so....
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links