Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? - Page 5

Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

This is a discussion on Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dukalmighty ...but in all fairness I don't think that they process 5% of the amount of people that fly everyday in the ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 103
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

  1. #61
    Senior Member Array Herknav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Waypoint 0
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    ...but in all fairness I don't think that they process 5% of the amount of people that fly everyday in the US
    Considering that the US is 453.5x larger than Israel, that makes sense. However, that's not a reason to NOT try to adopt some of their methods.
    NYCrulesU likes this.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen


  2. #62
    Member Array cbp210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Humble, TX
    Posts
    473
    We have resorted to driving long road trips rather than flying.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Array RemMod597's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Snohomish County, WA
    Posts
    732
    Not the TSA so much as the general hassle to fly nowadays... not to mention the fees for every freaking little thing. The airlines can thank themselves for my seat being empty.


    The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

  4. #64
    Member Array CaptSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington /San Juan's
    Posts
    350
    News just had segment....TSA "confiscates" box of cupcakes with fancy raised icying...apparent violation of "jelled" substance prohibition..yup got the whole box...Arizona....mixed doz of donuts probibly wouldnt make it eather..."suspicious" white powder, jell substance hidden inside of the pastries...http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/art...ting-risk.html

  5. #65
    Member Array Speculator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    The guy said that he needed to check it out and politely explained that he was going to run his hand down my leg, which he then did. He was professional about it and it took seconds.
    Why not offer to just take off your pants and give them to him to fondle? I don't think that would have satisfied him. Sounds like consensual group groping going on to me. :)

  6. #66
    VIP Member
    Array msgt/ret's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    7,363
    With 5000+ hours in the cockpit as a military aircrew member I have found flying as a pax the most boring thing in the world, just slightly more so as watching some sports exhibition on TV. Plus having a medical implant I would be required to submit to the TSA grope since it is recommended that I do not go through a scanner or magnetometer. The only way I would fly nowadays is if I could find a military hop going where I want to go otherwise I will drive instead.
    Herknav likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

  7. #67
    Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    Why not offer to just take off your pants and give them to him to fondle? I don't think that would have satisfied him. Sounds like consensual group groping going on to me. :)
    Based upon the experience, I wouldn't consider it groping, fondling or any other similar word. Running a rubber gloved hand down the outside of my pants from 6" above my knee and about as far away from my groin does not constitute groping. The idea of the scanner was by far, worse. As a previous post put it, it was less invasive than being frisked for weapons. Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of the "security theater" that is currently used, but I also believe that the problem stems from the top, not the employees at the bottom. I would also be willing to bet that as a percentage that TSA employees are no more deviant than any other profession, such as doctors and dentists that people go to and pay for the privilege of uncomfortable contact that they wouldn't even get from their spouse. In other words, I doubt that they "get off" on their job any more than a doctor does.

  8. #68
    Member Array Speculator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Based upon the experience, I wouldn't consider it groping, fondling or any other similar word.
    I was being wry, funny, sarcastic and wishing someone would just do that - whip off their pants, like the velcro magician kind and say 'here, go nuts'. LOL. Sorry to have you take it seriously.

  9. #69
    Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    I was being wry, funny, sarcastic and wishing someone would just do that - whip off their pants, like the velcro magician kind and say 'here, go nuts'. LOL. Sorry to have you take it seriously.
    I guess that's what I get for responding before having my first cup of coffee on a back to work morning after several days off.

    That would be a funny sight. Reminds me of the co-worker who said there was a lady whose bags were searched and the agent asked, "ma'am, what is that?" To which she responded, "young man, that is my Vib..."

  10. #70
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,291
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I have been patted down by TSA I have an internal medical pump in my lower abdomen,I have had to remove my shoes with metal eyelets before,It's a pain due to my disabilities but I no longer fly with anything metal on my shoes,During the patdown it was less invasive than an LEO frisking you for weapons,I showed the guy the area/pump bump and he then let me proceed.I realise that the Israelis have a great Airport security screening process,but in all fairness I don't think that they process 5% of the amount of people that fly everyday in the US
    I don't think that's a valid argument. I know we're not talking about peeing matches here but size really doesn't matter. If the process works you should be able to scale it up or down based on the need.

    My grandfather taught me that a long time ago. My first model airplane that flew was designed and built from the blueprints from a Sopwith Camel(ie WWI era). This wasn't some hobby store kit. My grandfather helped me do the math and scale down the components on paper and we went out and bought all the tools, engine, and misc materials we would need, and then I built it out. A little over a month later and that darn thing flew quite well.

    The same concept works for just about everything. If it's a verified, tried and true plan it will work at any size if done correctly.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

  11. #71
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    Way too many sheep in this country. "Just get in line and suck it up because we have to" is the sheep mantra. And the all too familiar favorite "it is for your safety". I fly cause I have to and I make a stink whenever a new TSA rule or interpretation comes up. I almost got in trouble because I questioned the competance of a TSA screener and TSA policy overall. They checked my back pack and it came up suspicious for residue that could be used for an explosive. It WAS residue from an explosive. I used it for demo training that week TDY. When I told the screener that he said "OK, no problem, thank you for your service". Then, since I had the time I asked him why did you bother testing if all I had to do was provide you with an answer that a would be bomber could give you. They called a supervisor who told me that I should not use that bag for travel anymore because it can cause delays. It is my bag, residue does not mean bomb. He said it means I could have been making a bomb and I replied I was. After all that I still was able to board. Does that make any of you sheep out there feel safer?
    So, they tell me not to take my bag on board, can't have a female carry a purse with a raised picture of a gun, and now you can't have cupcakes with jelly frosting and God forbid you look suspicious and the pilot on his own can kick you off. And that is after all the screenings, secondarey screenings, pat downs. and he can do that just because he doesn't like you. Am I out of my head here. When will it end. Do the sheep feel safer now when the pilot doesn't trust the screenings??????????? My only answer to this is this" I have to fly because there is no other choice. I will not relax, get brushed up on TSA policy's and procedures, walk quietly in line and pretend our rights are not getting trampled on. " Some sheep here have posted and I did not quote them because it is there right to feel like they do. If someone wants to be a sheep, it is not my place to tell them to stick up for your rights. Those clowns are doing what they are told to do. Now I will have my coffee.

  12. #72
    New Member Array jdsonice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    2
    The chances that you or your family will get a pat down are rare specially if you follow a few rules. Take everything metallic (coins, pens, keys toys, belts, wallet) off yourself and put it in a bag and send through the scanner. Stand still when you are being scanned.

    I fly regularly and follow these rules and have never been patted down. Also, your son who is 4 is unlikely to be patted down. I believe that the new TSA policy is not to pat done kids under 10. Check with them.

    I know that TSA tends to be intrusive and we all get mad at them. They are just doing their job and most of them are nice people - a few bad apples do creep in. So don't let these bad apples screw up your trip. Chicago is a great city and you will have fun.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Array wdbailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    596
    I really get tired of the "If you don't buy into my conspiracy theory you're a sheep!" argument.

    I mean really, after a while all I hear is "BAA BAAA BAAAA" ;)

  14. #74
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,881
    Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    I really get tired of the "If you don't buy into my conspiracy theory you're a sheep!" argument.

    I mean really, after a while all I hear is "BAA BAAA BAAAA" ;)
    What conspiracy theory? I said people line up like sheep and obey without question authority. It is true more of our rights are infringed upon and more invasive the government has become. And if you are referring to me to then sir you are wrong for misquoting me. You are so far out of context. If you do not like my statements then ignore or refute them with an intelligent argument. You tell me if TSA is effective (do not say there have been nor more 9/11's). Hijack policy changed that day about compliance with hijackers and that sir most of all has kept us safe without infringing on our rights. So sir, refute what I have said and tell me how our lives are freer now than before 9/11. I can state facts that are recognized by all (not people wearing tin foil hats) meaning, left, right, and center of any political affiliation.

  15. #75
    Ex Member Array NYCrulesU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Way too many sheep in this country. "Just get in line and suck it up because we have to" is the sheep mantra. And the all too familiar favorite "it is for your safety". I fly cause I have to and I make a stink whenever a new TSA rule or interpretation comes up. I almost got in trouble because I questioned the competance of a TSA screener and TSA policy overall. They checked my back pack and it came up suspicious for residue that could be used for an explosive. It WAS residue from an explosive. I used it for demo training that week TDY. When I told the screener that he said "OK, no problem, thank you for your service". Then, since I had the time I asked him why did you bother testing if all I had to do was provide you with an answer that a would be bomber could give you. They called a supervisor who told me that I should not use that bag for travel anymore because it can cause delays. It is my bag, residue does not mean bomb. He said it means I could have been making a bomb and I replied I was. After all that I still was able to board. Does that make any of you sheep out there feel safer?
    So, they tell me not to take my bag on board, can't have a female carry a purse with a raised picture of a gun, and now you can't have cupcakes with jelly frosting and God forbid you look suspicious and the pilot on his own can kick you off. And that is after all the screenings, secondarey screenings, pat downs. and he can do that just because he doesn't like you. Am I out of my head here. When will it end. Do the sheep feel safer now when the pilot doesn't trust the screenings??????????? My only answer to this is this" I have to fly because there is no other choice. I will not relax, get brushed up on TSA policy's and procedures, walk quietly in line and pretend our rights are not getting trampled on. " Some sheep here have posted and I did not quote them because it is there right to feel like they do. If someone wants to be a sheep, it is not my place to tell them to stick up for your rights. Those clowns are doing what they are told to do. Now I will have my coffee.

    Well said sir. Thank you.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

powered by mybb air flights
,

powered by mybb air travel tickets

,
powered by mybb business class air travel business class travel - business class airfares tickets flights
,

powered by mybb business class airfares

,

powered by mybb business class flights

,

powered by mybb cheap business class

,

powered by mybb cheap business class airfare business class airfares - flights tickets business and first class

,
powered by mybb cheap business class airfares
,

powered by mybb cheap business class flight

,

powered by mybb discount business class airfare business class airfares - flights tickets business and first class m

,

powered by mybb first class business class travel - business class airfares tickets flights

,
powered by mybb flying first class
,
powered by mybb travel agent jobs
,

powered by mybb travel business class airfares flights tickets - cheap business class airfares

,

tsa ghetto

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors