Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? - Page 6

Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

This is a discussion on Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season?? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't see how it's a conspiract "theory" when the are DHS checkpoints across the country, TSA is not on the highways stopping citizens and ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Does TSA Make Anyone Else Not Want to Fly This Holiday Season??

I don't see how it's a conspiract "theory" when the are DHS checkpoints across the country, TSA is not on the highways stopping citizens and hauling them off to Dept of Immigration when they don't produce their Birth Certificates on demend...and so on and so on.

Seems pretty realistic to me...not theoretic.

Seriously, you call people sheep and my reaction is that you're just angry that the rest of us don't join your flock. I do what I will, I go where I will, I am generally law abiding and always avoid asserting my "rights" whenever it'll cause me more problems than it can get me out of.

It's sort of like I was told many years ago at Orange Gunsite, don't ever carry a gun anyplace where it'll get you in more trouble than it'll get you out of.

I'm sure that the LEO folks on this board can tell you that the biggest nuisances are citizens who don't normally have any interaction with the Law and are quite full of their own righteousness when the police do show up for some reason.

Get it through your head, no one is a sheep, no one is a sheepdog either. We're all basically predatory apes who have to establish rules for social order or we'd have never gotten past clubbing each other with crudely knapped rocks
    WD54241 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    Seriously, you call people sheep and my reaction is that you're just angry that the rest of us don't join your flock. I do what I will, I go where I will, I am generally law abiding and always avoid asserting my "rights" whenever it'll cause me more problems than it can get me out of.

It's sort of like I was told many years ago at Orange Gunsite, don't ever carry a gun anyplace where it'll get you in more trouble than it'll get you out of.

I'm sure that the LEO folks on this board can tell you that the biggest nuisances are citizens who don't normally have any interaction with the Law and are quite full of their own righteousness when the police do show up for some reason.

Get it through your head, no one is a sheep, no one is a sheepdog either. We're all basically predatory apes who have to establish rules for social order or we'd have never gotten past clubbing each other with crudely knapped rocks
    If sir you are still referring to me then all I can tell you is that you did not answer any of the things I asked before. I am not angry anybody sir. But I replied to your last post and you sir seem angry. I asked if we were freer than we were before 9/11. Has the government been more invasive in our lives. If you can not answer then do not. If you can and have facts to back it up then state them. My original comment were not for a single individual nor an attack against a single person. People choose how they want to live. You sir, are the one turning this into a personal attack. You do not know my background, nor situations I have been in. You doo not know my involvement and or knowledge of LEO's. And if LEO does show up at my house with a question I might or might not answer it because I don't like guessing games. If they ask a question and tell me why they asked it I would normally help them out. I have had police try to do the "interrogation" thing during traffic stops. I don't play. They do not have a right to search my car and I always say no.
    My question sir, is why does that bother you? Are you going to answer questions or turn this into a personal attack?
    I will finish with one thing that won't convince you but proves my point. You stated "I am generally law abiding and always avoid asserting my "rights" whenever it'll cause me more problems than it can get me out of". Are you afraid of problems that may arise interaction with a police officer? Or other reasons. See sir, the Constitution gives us rights. Those rights are inherent, so there is no such thing as asserting them. I do not have to assert something that is given.
    And my questioning of the TSA screener must bother you. I was told not to use that bag again. Something I purchased. Why should I have to buy another bag when they let me on with the thing to begin with. To appease them and make my life easier?
    Now, you can refute, ignore, or just make a statement.
    Sorry, last thing: I am polite to all I interact with , including LEO. I might not let them do what they want all the time like search my car. They can get a warrant. It is in the Constitution. But I digress, I know people can be jerks and righteous and they are a nusiance for LEO and others. But being a nusiance is more important than submitting willingly to invasions of our rights and privacy.

Sir, this is only a joke so don't get mad:

Baahh, Baahh, Baahh
    NYCrulesU and gunsnroses like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    First, this thread is about the TSA and flying, not car searches, not cops coming to your door.

The procedures implemented by the TSA are predominantly theater. Are there better options? Probably. Have "we" become inconvenienced and is air travel more invasive than it was a decade ago, definitely. Can you use your bag with chemical residue? Apparently so, but you do so knowing you will get extra scrutiny. Personally I try to minimize the inconvenience by not doing things like that. Like any other LEO encounter, there is a right way and a wrong way to contest it. At the airport check in line is not the right place, just like the side of the road isn't where you contest a traffic ticket. You won't change anything with that type of tactic.

The. Baaah Baaah statements, however, are pointless, insulting, and inflammatory.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    First, this thread is about the TSA and flying, not car searches, not cops coming to your door.

The procedures implemented by the TSA are predominantly theater. Are there better options? Probably. Have "we" become inconvenienced and is air travel more invasive than it was a decade ago, definitely. Can you use your bag with chemical residue? Apparently so, but you do so knowing you will get extra scrutiny. Personally I try to minimize the inconvenience by not doing things like that. Like any other LEO encounter, there is a right way and a wrong way to contest it. At the airport check in line is not the right place, just like the side of the road isn't where you contest a traffic ticket. You won't change anything with that type of tactic.

The. Baaah Baaah statements, however, are pointless, insulting, and inflammatory.

I did say the sheep sounds were a joke and I meant it. I put that in to be funny. A person that was posting did the sheep sound thing and meant it to be pointless,insulting, and inflammatory. When I say something I mean it. It was not meant to be insulting. If it bothered you then sorry. Quite honestly I am not really offended by anything but know people are so I made sure my intentions were clear. I want this to be clear: I do not look for trouble, but I do not bow to authority because it is convenient. I respect authority when it is lawful. I respect authority when it makes sense. I do not respect authority when it is not lawful or does not make sense. And to summarize everything: too many people do not question authority because they are concerned it could cause problems (I am talking about the airport). Saw a husband and wife in front of me waiting to get through security. They were next in line when the TSA worker came over and changed the ropes for the lanes. He opened up two more lanes of which we were stuck in the back and people behind us were in front of us now. The guy was going to say something to the TSA guy and say hey, we have been in line longer than these folks. Wife said "don't cause any trouble". I went to the TSA guy and told him what he did put us back another 15 minute. He didn't care. People are afraid to say anything that is confrontational to the TSA because they are afraid of raising awareness to themselves. That sir, is the point,it is not having to wait in line longer (unjustly) because of an incompetent worker, but where we are afraid to question authority.
    NYCrulesU likes this.

My solution to this problem is crude yet very effective. I eat 1/2 dz hardboiled eggs wash it down with a couple of beers go to bed. By the time you hit the TSA they will speed you along.

Think back...Clinton White House...Olympic games...747 shot down into long Island sound...and all the fantastic theather that entailed ignoring the Iranian revenge eliphant...and new security "rules" and features instituted by V.Pres Gore, under executive order..."id" check and the questions about your bags...the airline's didnt have a problem in the 90's with the "executive" giving orders..hec it was working out in thier favor..no-body was selling thier tickets in the news paper (no E-bay then)..you had to show ID, and the airlines liked that just fine...even though the ticket was general in nature, no-body would show a written rule or statute...(it was a secret regulation,Security)...then years later shiek Osoma flew his airplanes into the heart of the great satan..the World Trade complex...and the Federal government shut down commercial flight in the country for WEEKS...the rest is as we say history...
    "WE" are not sheep...."WE" are frogs, done well........
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Think back...Clinton White House...Olympic games...747 shot down into long Island sound...and all the fantastic theather that entailed ignoring the Iranian revenge eliphant...and new security "rules" and features instituted by V.Pres Gore, under executive order..."id" check and the questions about your bags...the airline's didnt have a problem in the 90's with the "executive" giving orders..hec it was working out in thier favor..no-body was selling thier tickets in the news paper (no E-bay then)..you had to show ID, and the airlines liked that just fine...even though the ticket was general in nature, no-body would show a written rule or statute...(it was a secret regulation,Security)...then years later shiek Osoma flew his airplanes into the heart of the great satan..the World Trade complex...and the Federal government shut down commercial flight in the country for WEEKS...the rest is as we say history...
    Dude....Duuuude....loosen up the tin foil hat. 747 shot down over Long Island Sound?? Really? VP Gore issued an Executive Order? Wow...WOW!!...

We need lithium here...stat!
    Hopyard likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by CaptSmith View Post
    Hey, people might disagree with me but I do not have a tinfoil hat on like this dude

Actually...I lived in NJ at the time that the flight was shot down and yes..personally saw undeniable evidence (with my own eyes) that it was shot down. My how soon we forget and try to pass things off as myth or lore. Who was responsible? Still open for debate.

I understand the premise of Suntzu's post and I agree with it. We shouldn't just "roll over" just because its convenient. If Leo's want to search me or my car or purse, I better be in hand cuffs and under arrest for something. Otherwise, you better get a warrant or a dog. I will wait, thank you!

Why should it be any different for TSA?
    Harryball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WD54241 View Post
    My solution to this problem is crude yet very effective. I eat 1/2 dz hardboiled eggs wash it down with a couple of beers go to bed. By the time you hit the TSA they will speed you along.
    That reminds me of "cool hand luke."

First, this thread is about the TSA and flying, not car searches…

TSA has now taken to the highways of America performing "citizenship checks" and haling people away to department of immigration centers. So car searches can be relevant to this topic.

Just got back from work related travel, the full body scanner flagged..........................................

The back of my head.

Oh well, I feel much safer now.

At least I got these

Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.”
    Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
    I understand the premise of Suntzu's post and I agree with it. We shouldn't just "roll over" just because its convenient. If Leo's want to search me or my car or purse, I better be in hand cuffs and under arrest for something. Otherwise, you better get a warrant or a dog. I will wait, thank you!

Why should it be any different for TSA?
    I know we differ on the political side of the isle, but this is good. We are only as free as they let us be...
    suntzu and gunsnroses like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links