If you were only able to pick 1 of 3 weapons for duty use, what would it be? - Page 3

If you were only able to pick 1 of 3 weapons for duty use, what would it be?

This is a discussion on If you were only able to pick 1 of 3 weapons for duty use, what would it be? within the Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I vote for the HK. I have a hk45 and usp40. I really like the ability to carry cocked and locked. That first shot is ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: If you were only able to pick 1 of 3 weapons for duty use, what would it be?

I vote for the HK. I have a hk45 and usp40. I really like the ability to carry
    cocked and locked. That first shot is the most important you'll ever fire. A
    heavy DA pull on the first shot is not ideal in my book. The hk's are very
    accurate and ultra reliable. I've put thousands of rounds through my hk's
    and not a single failure. I actually prefer the mag release on the hk's vs most
    button mag releases. I use both my trigger finger and thumb to work the
    release for a nice positive, no question asked, mag release. Sometimes you
    can miss a button. Also with a normal thumb release you have to break
    your grip and slightly twist the gun to get a positive press on the release.
    No need for that with the hk. I can keep my full grip and keep the gun out
    in front of me in an almost full stance. I slightly cant the gun to the right
    to facilitate the mag change and then back on target. I also like that with a
    firm mag insert the slide will automatically drop and chamber the round. You
    don't have to slam it in. Just a nice firm insert. This shaves a few tenths. This
    is a designed feature not a malfunction as some believe. Plus it's a .45, I
    just don't think a 9mm is enough. .357 sig would work but you said it wasn't
    an option.

The Sig is a very close second though. Very nice gun, very reliable and
    about as accurate a gun you can get for a stock combat pistol. Obviously
    with a 9mm you'll have more capacity (up to 15 vs 10 with the hk). The
    only down side, in my opinion, is the DA first shot and 9 vs 45.

I wouldn't even consider the Beretta with the other two guns as alternate
    choices. I've never shot it but I've seen a few malfunctions in heavy use
    conditions. I've also never heard anything good or positive about it. I've
    never heard anyone say 'man I just love my beretta, it's the best gun I've
    ever shot'. You'll hear that about Sigs and HK's though. I absolutely love
    my HK45. The minute I picked it up I loved it. After I took it out and shot
    it, even more. HK's rock!

BTW my opinions are based on my experiences in IDPA competitions and
    formal advanced tactical handgun training.

hk, because it can be carried cocked and locked as well as DA/SA
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I don't have an opinion on the HK or Beretta but the Sig 226 that I got to fire was very nice indeed. It was like a new caddy compared to my old Hi Power. Both were great pistols but the Sig is definately a nice shooting weapon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 590TAC View Post
    ...Obviously with a 9mm you'll have more capacity (up to 15 vs 10 with the hk)...
    Actually, there are 20rd magazines available for the P226. Quite a bit of "firepower" available in what is, to me, one of the most finely made, accurate, reliable, and well balanced pistols ever made.

So, yes, I'd go with the P226 as well.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Sig P226 would get my vote
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I think personally, I would go with the HK / for the fact that I love the 45 / and if it is a duty gun, can easily be carried, per say on a duty belt. But have only had experience with the 226 and it is a fine weapon.... but would shoot all three, and what you shoot the best, and what feels best is what gets chosen as all three are reupted as fine weapons.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links